UK theme parks from another point of view!

Do You Buy Shortcut Tickets?

Poll runs till Sat Dec 12, 2043 10:28 pm

Yes
10 (45%)
No
12 (55%)

Total votes: 22

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Do You Buy Shortcut Tickets?

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:14 am

Hi guys, I was just wondering how many people buy the Shortcut tickets? When they were £30 including admission online I bought them but now they have gone up in price so I may not get them next time I visit.
Please visit The Online Games Directory
http://www.freewebs.com/togd/

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:18 am

I used to when they were like £3-4, but now they have gone up I won't buy them as there not worth the money.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:39 am

I have never bought them as AT is expensive enough anyway, even if I wanted to buy them I would only do it on peak days - its cheaper to visit when its quieter - that way you get unlimited rides with short Q's for no extra cost.

It seems there are people who are willing to pay almost any amount for shortcut, so the price may continue to rise.

I'd much rather there were no means of cutting the Q's (even for free) and instead concentrate on measures to keep Q's moving as fast as possible, and possibly add something to 'take the pain out of Q'ing' to quote the AT feedback surveys.

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:59 am

I'd much rather there were no means of cutting the Q's

I have to agree with you there Duckman, even though I used it once, that it would be better if there were no Shortcut/Fastrack things, they just make the Q's longer.
Please visit The Online Games Directory

http://www.freewebs.com/togd/

Big D
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:31 pm

I have bought them in the past on busier days. However since the price increase (from £5 to £7) i refuse to. I used to buy since we had loads of buy one get one free entry tickets so we saved there.
What does annoy me though is that often tickets arent marked and you see the same people using the tickets over and over again. This i have noted happens alot on Oblivion.
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.

a.ndy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:51 pm

Same here. Did buy them before the price went up and up. Please not Alton Towers :x you just get the backs up of people who are very loyal to you.
With an annual pass i don't have a problem spending upto £5 on ooccasionalvisits but not any more. Really I dont think they are a very good idea anyway. Be better for everyone if they just queued a normal line and a single rider line and sending disabled guests through the ride exits where needed. They dont even run the SRQ's that well.

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:03 pm

I have done in the past, once or twice. I think that £5 was a reasonable price and it should have been kept that way, £6/7 is a bit too much IMO.

I guess when I get my annual pass for next year then I'll be willing to pay it if my friends have got them too, as it's just easier and let's face it - queuing does get very tiresome. Plus, £7 isn't bad at all for a day at AT with hardly any queues (excluding food and money spent on games etc.)

dstone_uk
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:57 pm

Well if it's my choise i don't buy them, i prefer to use single rider! Yet i must admit i bouhgt 1 last year with my mate who haden't been for a long time (he loved it so much he bought a annual pass and joined the forum!) But overall i think there a big con!

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Con
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:08 pm

When I used to go for the fireworks we could never fit in all the rides but this we bought shortcut for all the majors except rita. First we headed to rita when the park opened and we queued for about 5mins we walked on oblivion we had about an hour wait on nemesis and then we started to use our shortcut and we beat a 1h 30 min Air queue, 30 min for The flume, 2h for Nemmy, 1hour for blivvy! We had enough time to ride Duel, Enterprise, Spinball and the ulitmate Ribena Berry Bish Bash for the first time in going for 4 years running. They are sensible depending on how busy the park is and how many times you go a year I think.

They resulted in defiantely my most favourite trip to the park.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:08 pm

I always buy them as we only get to visit the park a few times a year and seeing as we usually use discount vouchers to get in anyway it doesn't work out too bad. :)