UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:01 pm

tobehonest i think this attraction will either be great or rubish.
They may have built most of the ride because they keeping it secreat so its a big suprise.
The gloomy wood is ussaly very dark so if they can do that im sure they can do it here

Anonymous

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:06 pm

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/cl ... AG0006.JPG

Look at this photo its been about for a while buty it does look dark. The train track was meant to be overgrown.

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:07 pm

ooh this looks good, AT needs another horror style thing, the scaryness was lost when HH was converted to Duel. Its a good idea me thinks.
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:01 pm

"Dagoo" wrote:
Yeah if the attraction is the path, then there should be a path. Something tells me its going to be a mid-seasoner. Its just an incling and I'm proably (hopefully) wrong but it doesn't look like much work is being done on it, and position the effects and themeing abd making sure it all works must take longer than a week or two. How far away is tussauds studios anyway?

Tussauds Studio North is located just behind Cred Street. I'm guessing that where all the theming for this attraction and the Riverbank Eye-Spy is being fabricated.

I think there's a good chanse the Hollow will be ready in time for the start of the season. If you consider what we've seen so far, at the sart of TTT they had just started doing prep work at the ME end of the course and we know that by half way through the event they were over half way along (where those two lights had been dug out from), so by now I would think the entire course is probably preped. That leaves 3 weeks for the path to be laid, and extra electrics to be put in and the theming to be added.

If you consider the Riverbank Eye-Spy, it has taken about two weeks to add the majority of the new theming (and they seem to have not been working at all between 10am and 4pm). I would assume there is roughly the same amount of theming to be added to Haunted Hollow, so three weeks should be more then enough time for it all to be sorted.

Especially when you consider that the Dung Heap is supposed to be open in just over 4 weeks, and that looks to be a much bigger job!
Edwardo..... move me!

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 pm

Wow! I thought it'd be in London or something and everything had to be imported! Shows how much I know...

I think it's because I'm (we're) used to seeing the week-by-week development of a major coaster and big progress being made, but these attractions aren't on the same sort of scale as that, plus we haven't been able to access the main building areas of HH so we haven't really known what's going on at the moment.

I'd rather it took longer and it was done well, however. As people have suggested, I think it will be more of a family, silly sort of "haunted" considering it will be in day light and that it was advertised in the family part of the brochure. This doesn't mean it won't be a great, atmospheric attraction that older people can enjoy too, like Duel.
Formerly "Dagoo"

Williscroft

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:03 pm

I agree that it will be suitable for the family as we have been tolled its going to be a family attraction but I don’t think it will be a silly sort of attraction.

I think it will be done very well and maybe contain a strong story line but not in a freaky way that scares people to death, more of an eerie atmosphere. Well that’s until October when all things change and we really will have a scare :D

Will the theming most likely being made on park id say it’s got a very good chance at being open for opening day. I mean it doesn’t take long at all to lay a path and due to the location of the attraction for all we know they could have already done a large amount at the other end. Then it will just be a matter of positioning the theming, maybe putting some signs up telling a story (if there is a story line) and adding the finishing touches. Three weeks is plenty of time.

:D

Anonymous

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:02 pm

toatly agree cant argue. I think it will be mainly family attractition due to the daylight. I think they could play on the erie theme with lots of overgroth smoggy wood. I could imagine the corpses will be like hands poping out of the ground simular effects in the haunted house. (I could imagine jacko dancing as he does in thriller.) I definatly think atmosphere will play into all of this mainly again with sound effects. I think the ride could compeate with Hex thats classed as a family ride so you never know could this become as good as Hex I hope so.

Kaycee

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:02 pm

Peet, please check your PM inbox. Thanks. :)

Ruby247
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:26 am

Not looking like Haunted Hollow will be ready for opening day either but it is looking very good so far, something to really look forward too

Marky_Boy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:38 pm

Wondered if anyone has seen the consruction of Haunted Hollow recently? Just wanted to know how it was coming along, can't wait to see it!

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:24 pm

It looks good and will be open me thinks i think you will get the best view of it as an attraction with the live actors i cant wait to try it wen thats on :D

Ruby247
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 pm

Lots of eery statues, animatronics, sound effects and special effects, some which are brand new for a UK theme park

Marky_Boy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:05 pm

That's really good news! Really looking forward to this, just hope it's as good as we all hope. Where abouts did you here that it was opening on Sat?

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Just don't expect anything more than a path with odd bits of themeing! :P

If the park have something 'special' planned for the attraction, it won't be there until Halloween.

Thom
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:56 pm

Live Actors as confirmed by Haunted Attractions UK maybe? :D

Thom...

Nick

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:05 pm

Thats if they don't pull the plug on the Halloween event!

Time for this to be moved into the General forum from the Future one? Seeing as this attraction will be open in a few hours time

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:06 pm

"LiquidTom360" wrote:
Live Actors as confirmed by Haunted Attractions UK maybe? :D

Thom...

No.

Special effects and lighting, things which will work better at night. At the moment, afew stone statues and other figures.

I think other peices of themeing will be added at Halloween aswell to cater for actors.

Williscroft

Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Really can’t wait for tomorrow now :D I’m really looking forward to this attraction. I’ve just seen the two official pictures from Alton Towers of a family walking through the attraction. There’s smoke in the background, not sure if this is just for the photo and there appears to be a speaker in the base of the statue their standing by. Really is looking great and a love the Entrance statue :D

Pictures should be up soon :D

Edit: heres the pics :D Enjoy

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/pictures/h ... ollow1.jpg

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/pictures/H ... ollow2.jpg

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:55 pm

Looks quite good. Should be interesting to 'experience' it tommorow.

I think it's a tad strange they're marketing it as an attraction though. A themed path is hardly an attraction... a nice feature nevertheless.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:57 pm

If people see something new at Alton Towers, they'll be more tempted to visit the park. This years attractions aren't exactly exciting, so they are milking them for anything they can.

The smoke is way too thick to be there all the time. Its obviously a thing they have done just for the press images.