UK theme parks from another point of view!

AstroDan

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:46 pm

OK - me and some other TTF staff members managed to get on Terror of the Towers previews today. I won't go into detail as that will spoil it for everyone going over the next few weeks but overall I really emjoyed it.

I definitely didn't think it was the "scariest" maze I have ever been in, however it had a lot of substance and was also the longest scare attraction I have been in (around 8-10 minutes I think). The theming inside is generally excellent and the acting quality particularly high.

Whilst I am not going to go into detail, the following section could be classed as a slight spoiler, so please do not read on if you do not wish to know any further details! (please scroll down)

The Entrance Plaza has theming now, and most things are all set for the big day tomorrow!

The smells in some of the rooms is utterley disgusting, I had to pinch my nose to prevent me vomiting, quite literally. There is good use of sound, lighting and strobe although none are too intense. There are a number of different rooms, and there is good use of props, particularly in the banqueting hall and the kitchen scene.

Overall, I really enjoyed Terror of the Towers - most were coming off very shaken - whilst I wouldn't say it was the scariest thing ever, it was definitely well thought through and very interesting. Not to menion the stench!

I hope everyone enjoys it over the next 3 weeks.

:)

alton towers fan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Well i am going tommorrow and am so looking forward to the attraction. Thanks for the information :D
New ice show arriving 2008 in the big top
i think

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:07 pm

Hey,
Indeed the Terror of the Towers maze was ace today with Me, Astro, and Ray teh gay, not going to spoil it but if all effects work in sync it will be a very high class attraction.

What i want to know is how everyone thinks it compares to the last 1 ?????

:P :?

Love & Kisses BGS

Darren2008
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:58 pm

How would you guys compare it to last years, Hellgate, Asylum and Se7en? Is it scarier? And would you give it a 5 * scare rating?

Locker
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:33 pm

I'd just like to add my opinions after also attending the final "dress rehearsal". I was very impressed, especially with the length of the experience. Also, despite it being around 12:15pm when I went through, I totally forgot about it being daytime out there! I found myself getting really into the whole story.

I only found one part of the maze to be "scary", as in, being on edge as you were walking through, and that was a part where you couldn't really see an awful lot, and when you did, it was cool :P

A real fantastic laugh though, especially with a group of mates! My only concern is that 11 people are let through every like... 5 mins!

Regards,
Mark
Last edited by Locker on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren2008
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:39 pm

11 in 5 minutes! So they probably start rushing the story!

Edit : Forgot to add the 5 lol.
Last edited by Darren2008 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locker
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:43 pm

11 in minutes! So they probably start rushing the story!

I was more worried about that working out to be 132 persons per hour. Not really that many, during half term at least...

Darren2008
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:51 pm

Hopefully someone will write a full review of the maze tomorrow.....

Well i'm off now guys, hope you all have a nice time tomorrow!
Last edited by Darren2008 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:52 pm

So, other than the mazes....what is there actually on park which tells guests there is a "major" Halloween event happening?

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:54 pm

Give it a day of actually open haydn :)

I've heard there is on park theming so we'll see how it all plans out.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Mr Hyde
TT Member
TT Member

[Spolier] Terror of the Towers 2007

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:22 am

You guys are in for such a treat!
Read and I will tell you how to get the best out of the attraction.
I do warn you though, I will tell you some of the secrets and things that will make it less scary, but may also enhance it for some people. I know it is hard not to read when you really want to, but if you want to be absolutely petrified, take some self control and click away now.

Went through today:

First off there is the lady of the house. She introduces the story and what is really going on behind closed doors. After a short introduction, you find your way to the Butchers Room.

The Butchers Room
He explains how the Master (of the house) likes fresh meat and something else - when he asks you to look in the pot, do it. As soon as he asks, look closely. Take a good old sniff of the room when you enter, mmm, meaty!

The oven room - you wont need a jumper!
It gets very hot. I recommend standing in the middle as you will get the full effect then. Maybe try spicing it up for other guests if you go in a second time!

The Hanging Room
From the oven you are held in a corridor where a maid tells you that you shouldnt be in the house. Body parts hang down but she is very worried, for your sake. Smelly!

This is where I forget, I cant remember what happens next. I think it goes like this but I may have parts muddled:

The maze - brillient!
With flashing lights, loud sounds and terror behind every wall, you have no idea where to go. Just guess if you're leading, if not, follow the person in front :)

The freezer room.
The 1st part has a man. You will walk past him when you first enter but then after being frightened, he will talk to you. Watch out fo when he talks in a low and quiet voice, he'll suddenly shout and leap at someone. Check out the heart - i am sure it is a real heart (nto human). Opening the chest brings his Dads head (i'm sure it is his dad?)

The 2nd part has the man with half a body.
This is shown well, although we nearly walked past him! We also missed the last part due to actor error but never mind! He explains something about his sister, but the effects look great.

The Masters Banqueting Hall
When entering, he jumps from the table, almost behind you. After shoving a knife at you he moves you round to the corner of the room. Another actor joins the rear of your group (I missed this one!) so the Master can grab her and cut off her arm. As you leave, air shoots out from under the table and there are loud bangs.

Overall, very good. I was scared many times but next time I go in, I will lead my group and know when to speed things up and slow them right down to make it great for the others.

I recommend going in twice or even three times. Try being at the front and then at the back of a group to get the different effects of the whole place.
[size=75]i want to be uploaded

Anonymous

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:47 am

Some insider secrets of the Field of 1000 Screams can be found at haunted attractions Uk in their feature on scare school

http://hauntedattractions.co.uk/index.p ... &Itemid=34

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:58 am

Excellent! I wouldnt consider the above much of a spoiler and people will still sh!t themselves. It all sounds very similar to the plot / layout of the 2003 version except with more interaction from the actors. From what I can remember the maze does come after the hanging room, with the strobe lighting, air cannons, and ghostly girls who pop their heads through the walls at you.

Its now officially the 13th - roll on Scarefest!!! :D

Darren2008
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:28 am

Nice read! I like how they're going to change the style of zombie to make it scarier!

lindendavies
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:49 pm

hey all, I have been looking @ alot of forums, and I dont want to know too much cos I am visiting Alton in a few days. But is any part of the scarefest going to be on par with something like the Passage of Terror in BPPB??

Cos if it is, we are all in for a treat.

Darren2008
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:21 pm

"lindendavies" wrote:
hey all, I have been looking @ alot of forums, and I dont want to know too much cos I am visiting Alton in a few days. But is any part of the scarefest going to be on par with something like the Passage of Terror in BPPB??

Cos if it is, we are all in for a treat.

Whats Passage of Terror and what is BPPB? We are in for a treat if its nothing like that, these mazes are amazing.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:25 pm

He is referring to that Passage of Terror thing just at the entrance of Pleasure Beach Blackpool. Never been in myself, so i cannot comment.

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

lindendavies
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:35 pm

Sorry- Passage of Terror by Blackpool Pleasure Beach, (north)

Basically, walkthrough, with actors and actresses, u walk in, and RUN out!! People chasing u with knives etc lol

Well worth the £5 they want each lol!!

Darren2008
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:40 pm

Well yeah, thats what these are like! I'm pretty sure the mazes have storys behind them aswell so each actor will play a role. I don't know about knives in these, i don't think they would be aloud to chase you with them or point them near you, having said that, in The Freezer at Thorpepark i got chased by someone with a chainsaw lol.

So yeah, these are like the Passage of Terror but it should be better!

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Crazy Women from TOTT

1 of the actors from TOTT running off somewhere

And again

Haunted hollow in full swing :)

Frogs :)

Last edited by Shent on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
......The one and only... :sus: