UK theme parks from another point of view!

Luke

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:30 pm

Yer I think that's what a lot of people are saying. They enjoyed it but it wasn't scary. I don't think it justifies the 5 pumpkins scare rating it got, 2/3 would be more appropriate.

AstroDan

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:32 pm

If I had to rate the attractions themselves (the ones I saw/took part in):

Trick or Treat Doors = 1 pumpkin
Fright Lights = 2 pumpkins
Haunted Hollow Live = 2 pumpkins
Terror of the Towers = 3 1/2 pumpkins
Field of 1000 Screams = 5 pumpkins (after 9pm)

:)

Wortho
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:34 pm

I guess everyone enjoyed our zombie acting in the field then common guys tell us what really scared you in there.

spark
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:34 pm

How long does the field of 1000 screams last?

AstroDan

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:36 pm

10 minutes or so.

Wildchild
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:47 pm

not been said what are the mascots like. ANY adv erts for next year
Blackhole tent and retheme 2008 I hope

BEWARE Staffordshire uni rugby union lads doing it large at Alton towers on the 14th

AstroDan

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 am

I saw Phil. What a legend! The mascots tend to frequent Towers St, Cred St. and the Fright Lights showings. Really cute! Lots of haunting characters around Towers St such as the Gravedigger and an Undertaker who later went into the Haunted Hollow.

No adverts for 2008.

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:10 am

"AstroDan" wrote:
I saw Phil. What a legend!

Cheers!! :wink:

:P
Edwardo..... move me!

Hark

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:41 am

What exactly are behind the trick or treat doors?

Darren2008
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 am

Can anyone who is going to the park tomorrow take some pictures of Field of 1000 Screams and ToTT please, i'd be very grateful and i'm sure other would to!

mezza
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:49 am

Live actors... plenty of theming...lasers and lights.... big budget...succesful attractions... all sounds great!

Who would consider Scarefest to be the best Alton Towers event of all time? It certainly looks that way to me!
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER

Luke

Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:00 am

Best event of all time. You must be kidding me?!?!

I reckon they've made a right meal of TOTT (hehe), and I think the ents team outside TOTT realised this on Saturday. People were getting really annoyed in the queue as it was far too long.

IMO, the Halloween 2003 is the best event the park has ever seen, followed by Fireworks 2003. You can only really comment if you have been to previous events. I don't think there will be many who prefer this halloween over previous efforts.

Of course there is time to turn it round; I have yet to go through Field of 1000 Screams and Room 13, but will be visiting on Saturday & Sunday and will hope to go on them then. I will answer the quesiton again after the weekend, but so far it is no where near the standards of 2002 and 2003.

Anonymous

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:57 am

Hi all, first time poster here!

Im off to the park with 7 friends this Friday (19th) and cant wait- Field of 1000 Screams sounds amazing!

Just wondering if someone knows if fancy dress is allowed? A bunch of us were gonna go as Ghostbusters for a laugh?!

Has the whole park got a cool Halloween feel after dark?

And are the chavs ruining it? Or can i just elbow them in the side of the head like usual? (joke)

Thanks!

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:42 am

Hey,

Yep Fancy dress is allowed,

I agree that this year is a good event but 2003 event rocked was the best so far, Sounds like thats what we should be getting back to in the coming years.

:D BGS

AstroDan

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am

I don't think it's fair to say that they have 'made a meal' of Terror of the Towers. OK, the capacity and queuetime appears to be a major issue - but the actual attraction itself is good. No doubt they are working on the queue issues for the half term rush.

It is definitely the best overall Alton Towers 'resort' event I have attended, although I didn't go to Halloween in 2003.

Anonymous

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:39 am

I really hope they get the TOTT sorted for Friday. CANT WAIT to get on Field Of 1000 Screams!

Has anyone got any comments on the Haunted Hollow? Has anyone been there after dark and is it scary?

DanB
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:41 am

"ElCapitan" wrote:
I really hope they get the TOTT sorted for Friday. CANT WAIT to get on Field Of 1000 Screams!

Has anyone got any comments on the Haunted Hollow? Has anyone been there after dark and is it scary?

Yes we went on Sat. No its not scary unless Astrodan is in there

martynlfc
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:46 am

"AstroDan" wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that they have 'made a meal' of Terror of the Towers. OK, the capacity and queuetime appears to be a major issue - but the actual attraction itself is good. No doubt they are working on the queue issues for the half term rush.

It is definitely the best overall Alton Towers 'resort' event I have attended, although I didn't go to Halloween in 2003.

We had an absolute nightmare in the tunnel as you probably heard Dan but we got priority passes as we complained.

I was very impressed with the whole of Scarefest, best park trips of the year for me. :)

Kaycee

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:40 pm

I've heard nothing but good things about this event while I've been at Thorpe Park and Chessington with the other half of TTF this weekend, from the guys who did go to the Scarefest - still three weeks till my planned trip, am gutted! Wish we'd done the big trip this weekend just gone rather than at the end of the event, hope all the actors won't be too tired by then! Don't want the event to weaken towards the end. :(

Field of 1000 Screams sounds terrifying - can't wait!

Shame about the throughput issues on TOTT - the throughput I remember was poor in 2002/2003 also - I think they said it was one group every 2 or 3 minutes, which obviously makes for a very slow-moving queue and I remember we queued from the start of the tunnel.

Hopefully in three weeks there's going to be an electric atmosphere because it'll be so close to the season end too! :D SO EXCITED, keep the reports coming. :D

AstroDan

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:00 pm

I actually think it will improve, KC. The first weekend will allow them to iron out problems and things, so by the time we have the main TTF meet in November, all these things will be ironed out.