UK theme parks from another point of view!

Park_Guy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:24 pm

"Dagan""][quote=""jordi20012002" wrote:
They also have attendants stood outside each ride that is up and running...e.g. spinball, nemesis and corkscrew handing them out and checking you are wearing them correctly

And calling guests d*ck heads.[/quote]

Really?

Alex Tyler
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:00 pm

Is it still 4 rides?

Dave

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:41 pm

was still only running on 4 rides today yes.

Alex Tyler
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:58 pm

thanks because i'm getting one tomorrow

Matt-1509
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Providing that it picks you up on any of the rides.

Hark

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:14 am

I still think that's a load of crap to be honest if it doesn't even detect the wristbands. People who think they will get a full DVD at the end of the day and have held of buying the photographs will be dissapointed. Is it possible to increase the signal sensitivity on the receivers?

I suppose when I go I'll jot down any ride photo numbers just in case and pick them up from Towers Street (If they still do that?)

Autaven
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:58 am

Has anyone uploaded a video of theirs yet? I'd be really interested to take a look if someone could link me :]

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:11 am

Clips have been posted: here!

Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:41 pm

Has anyone else noticed the hundreds of wristbands left dotted around the park, mainly in the ride areas like the Nemesis pit, dozens if not more floating in the water!

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:44 pm

I said the same the other day, lots are seen lying around and a few smashed, i don't understand some people if they don't want them then at least don't throw them on the floor in the bin please!

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:46 pm

"Thomas" wrote:
I said the same the other day, lots are seen lying around and a few smashed, i don't understand some people if they don't want them then at least don't throw them on the floor in the bin please!

I think, atleast for the ones in and around Nemesis and other rides have most likely fallen from people on the ride.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:39 pm

I haven't really commented on Yourday.

But one word - Shambles.

I really want the park to remove this system within the next few years and let Picsolve take over with their superior system.

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:43 pm

I wouldn't say it was a shamble's, there has just been a few fairly major teething problems. Given a few years to settle in I think it will become a fairly decent asset to the park experience.

The cameras are barely noticable, only your avid fan will know that they're there. To the general joe public they look like nothing more than CCTV cameras.

Something I'm not sure about though is the concept of my image appearing on some complete strangers DVD. The footage I've seen, appears to show an entire train and not just the intended rider. Where, when and how did I, or the none YourDay guests consent to being filmed for commerical purposes?

As far as I'm aware the only photography notices, state for security and safety purpose only?

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:34 pm

Something I'm not sure about though is the concept of my image appearing on some complete strangers DVD. The footage I've seen, appears to show an entire train and not just the intended rider. Where, when and how did I, or the none YourDay guests consent to being filmed for commerical purposes?

As far as I'm aware the only photography notices, state for security and safety purpose only?

Most likely in amended conditions of entry.

olilio
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:37 am

Most likely in amended conditions of entry.

yes it is

YourDay
Please note that personal data in the form of images of visitors to the Park is collected via the operation of closed circuit television ('CCTV'), ride photography and video cameras all of which are located throughout the Park. Your image will be recorded and processed for the purpose of producing photographic images and video recordings.

Data from video cameras is collected by the wearing by visitors to the Park of a radio frequency identification (RFID) wristband. Please note your image may be captured passively through other visitors to the Park who may be wearing an RFID wristband. The RFID equipment is operated by YourDay U.K. Ltd., a company registered in England with company number 5724642 having its registered office at 47 The Grove, London N3 1QT. Other information is collected via cameras and CCTV located throughout the Park. Still photography equipment is operated by Picsolve International Ltd, a company registered in England with company number 2888552 having its registered office at Woodlands Lodge, 107-111 Uttoxeter New Road, Derby DE22 3NL and other cameras and CCTV are operated by Alton Towers, a division of Tussauds Theme Parks Limited registered in England with company number 406533 having its registered office at York Court, Allsop Place, London NW1 5LR.

The information is collected solely for the purpose of producing photographic images and video recordings for sale at the Park and for safety and crime prevention purposes. It will not be used by YourDay, Picsolve or Alton Towers or any of their respective associated companies for any other purpose. All information is collected and processed in full compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. By entering the Park and purchasing a ticket you consent to the processing of this data by YourDay, Picsolve and Alton Towers.

Hark

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:59 pm

"haydnjames" wrote:

Well when you think about it when you're sat next to someone you don't know say on Air and you decided to buy the photo it's more or less the same thing.

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:38 pm

"Hark""][quote=""haydnjames" wrote:

Well when you think about it when you're sat next to someone you don't know say on Air and you decided to buy the photo it's more or less the same thing.[/quote]

True, but who would buy a photo of themselves sat next to some stranger?

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:10 pm

Depends what the stranger looks like, actually! If it was some gorgeous blonde lass with a huge set of jugs I could perversely be tempted! :roll:

mattcharles
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:00 pm

I would love to buy a nice ride photo but i always look like i'm having a 2litre shot of adrenaline pumped into me, hence the on-drugs or axe-murderer look lol

The yourday thing will appeal to me when they have on-ride cameras.
The thing that scares me the most about nemesis is.............One day it will close.

Park_Guy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:58 pm

Have any of the things that were supposed to happen by now, happened?