UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kaycee

Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:00 pm

"Sir John Talbot" wrote:
By not actually requiring attention, I meant that Alton should have never touched the music in the first place when their is such a large, vast array of actual faults throughout the park that bored management could fiddle with and, shock horror, improve the park at the same time.

I realised later on that that was what you actually meant - sorry.. I was tired. :P

*plays Air's music* :D

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:45 pm

:clap:

Well done Alton Towers, it's nice to actually be able to praise them after so much criticism; although in retrospect, it should never of happened in the first place....

Now all they need to do is bring back ITHOTMK....

:)

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:44 pm

FABULOUS!

Well done Alton Towers! Though Duck man i do agree with you, i am going to miss the new Rita music! :( Alton, you should of brought the air 2006 theme back! I know it crackled the speakers slightly but that is no excuse! :wink:
No, only joking at least you've got rid of that diabolical mess that was played this year! Next step, turn on/fix the air plaza and queueline speakers so it plays everywhere and not just from the queue area where it splits off to both stations!

As for nemesis...FANTASTIC! Wonderful although i did like that new music, wish i had a recording of it :( it would be good like others have said to keep it in the station as it suited the station perfectly.

I actually don't want the old KC music back because (from what you can actually hear) it is a very good track and it suits the area wonderfully but they could do with turning up the music!

The new TS theme i adore and i have heard they have added more versions since my last visit in june? Well won't be able to hear them on 13th so have to wait until next year :( but hope the new theme stays.

Next bring back old mac donald's farmyard music (oink oink here! lol :P) and give Cred Street the towers street 2006 theme 3!

Also, the speakers in the oblivion queueline need sorting/getting new ones as the last time in went the wonderful queueline SFX (especially the explosion type noise) were making those speakers crackle badly! :(

But honestly Alton! Well done! You are a gem for doing these reverts back to their original soundtracks! :D

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

alton towers fan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Just to say just got back from Alton Tower and Air and Nemesis music is back nice and load to give a great feeling whilst waiting in the que. :D

Well done towers so thats why they dont want to spend money changing music for scarefest and have spent it here. :D

Also thunder rock rally radio is back in ug land. :D
New ice show arriving 2008 in the big top
i think

Quickey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:11 pm

I’m so glad all the old music is back, although I was starting to like Rita and nemesis, nothing beats the old tracks!

I won’t be as disappointed now if the music doesn’t change at scare fest, now all the old music is back.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:11 am

I know I'm in a minority but i prefer the new nemesis music (or should i now say the old music), but i'm really pleased air and spinball are back and really REALLY pleased that TRRR is back, sounded fantastic yesterday after that dreadful stuff that's been playing all summer

Anonymous

Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:32 am

Sorry cant be bothered read through, but has the Nemesis music been changed back to the original?

*EDIT: Ok, I've read through it now and I've got to say I am well happy its returned.

Kaycee

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:14 pm

"Dara" wrote:
I know I'm in a minority but i prefer the new nemesis music (or should i now say the old music)

I did actually really like the new (old) music and would be happy to hear it still in the station, but I feel it didn't really have as much substance as the original and wasn't overly imaginative - but yeah, it did the job far better than the Rita music did. :|

dont look down 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:40 pm

As everyone else has said, great news that both Nemesis and Air are back with us, so we're only missing Katanga and ITHOTMK now. Lets hope they come to their seses with them some time soon!

It would be great to have ITHOTMK back for ScareFest, it goes so well with Halloween based events :D

Satch

Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:59 pm

Gotta say, I didnt hear the old Nemmie music today, although I was in and out fairly quickly. I did hear the corny "NEMESIS! Ride into the pit at your peril!" played though, but I thought that was the newer soundtrack?

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:39 pm

"Kaycee""][quote=""Dara" wrote:
I know I'm in a minority but i prefer the new nemesis music (or should i now say the old music)

I did actually really like the new (old) music and would be happy to hear it still in the station, but I feel it didn't really have as much substance as the original and wasn't overly imaginative - but yeah, it did the job far better than the Rita music did. :|[/quote]

Yeah, good point. I have to say I agree with that. When I first heard the new music (as opposed to the original music, this whole "new" "old" bussinnes is getting confusing!!!) I thought it was great for the station but not great for the surrounding area. What I'd ideally like to see (or hear :lol: ) is the original music played in the queue and FV area and the newer piece in the station, as I find it more atmospheric for the station.

Also, another change I'd quite like is for them to keep TRRR in Rita's queue line and the area as you first enter Ug Land, but for the original Ug Land piece (the one with all the monkey sound effects) in the corkscrew and Swinger queue lines so that at least some of Ug Land retains a pre-historic feel.
I guess there would be problems with it over lapping since corkscrew and rita's queue lines are so close but I'm sure the park could find a way round that.

Final point, slightly unrelated to the recent music changes but still relevant.........whilst I do really like ITHOTMK and would love to see it return to Towers Street, the current music, I have grown to quite like, and even though it's nowhere near as magical as the former towers street soundtrack, I can see that the park want to move away from that whole area (although I cant think why) so as far as theme park soundtracks go, the Towers Street music isn't too bad. It does still sound atmospheris to me and I like it.

MJT
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:01 pm

Excellent news about the music, i haven't been on TTF for a couple of days and was very glad to hear the news. I haven't been to Alton at all this season though, so I have no idea what the new music sounded like, but going by what everyone has been saying all year, i'm guessing thats a good thing! I was most chuffed about the TRRR coming back, absolutely brilliant line up of songs there. Roll on november 4th for my one and only visit of the season!

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:19 pm

Woo! Only just read this, fantastic news.

All of these pieces are music are just mint and they really have an effect on the atmosphere around the ride areas especially Nemesis' with Forbidden Valley.

So excited to hear it again! :D

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:28 am

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! :D

But more is needed, I personally want to see the Katanga Canyon music come back as its so well suited to the theme. Its a very uplifting piece of music... and very magical, probably takes 2nd place to ITHOTMK.

I'm talking about http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/downloads/ka.mp3 of course!

Rush
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:16 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fantastic
That is great news. With Nemesis and air being basically my 2 favorite pieces i am extremely happy. I would be happier if the old towers street and KC came back, but i cant moan. Well done management. Excellent decision. :D

bushboy2

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:40 pm

Noticed today that the music is back on Nemesis! Excellent news! Really worked much better in the dark! They just need to put a longer version on! Seemed quite a short loop imo.

All we need now is In The Hall Of The Mountain King back as the parks theme!

jon!!!
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:10 pm

new permanant front row queue on rita a la stealth.
we knew there would be no future, that was our greatest freedom.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:14 pm

"jon!!!" wrote:
new permanant front row queue on rita a la stealth.

I'm sure that's been there for like ever... :?

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:16 pm

It was said the other day that it has been made shorter.

This shoudln't be in the Music topic though :P

jon!!!
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:19 pm

nah, its been made so instead of stretching down the platform to where the main queue and single riders end, just goes straight up to the bay.

makes a shorter queue time (less angry guests) and more room on the platform. its a good move.
we knew there would be no future, that was our greatest freedom.