UK theme parks from another point of view!

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Is it wrong..?

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:39 pm

.... to have an obsession with the Air Dispatch?

I don't know what comes over me,but it sends me crazy, i love it so much and will queue for air just to hear it over the ride. :(

The irony is that i have an a-level psycology and still can't get to the bottom of why it makes my emotions go wild.

(Yes i have been drinking but completley in control of what i am saying lol)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

jordi20012002
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:49 pm

Nah it isn't wrong to have an obsession, I have an obsession with the way Nemesis dispatches and the way it keeps going

Luke

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:01 am

Maybe a little strange. Certainly not something to go telling all of your mates about when you're next there.

However, it is quite interesting really - something as little as that where you can develop sort of like an emotional attachment to. For example, when Nemesis does that dum dum tch noise in the station. That's a noise that you associate with Nemesis and therefore pleasure (for most), so you can get 'attached' to the noise.

Haha what a load of bul**** i have just written. Have failed my psyc a-level for sure.

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:09 am

"Luke" wrote:
Maybe a little strange. Certainly not something to go telling all of your mates about when you're next there.

However, it is quite interesting really - something as little as that where you can develop sort of like an emotional attachment to. For example, when Nemesis does that dum dum tch noise in the station. That's a noise that you associate with Nemesis and therefore pleasure (for most), so you can get 'attached' to the noise.

Haha what a load of bul**** i have just written. Have failed my psyc a-level for sure.

not necessarily sound association is common place in every day life, nothing odd about that.

dum dum tcchh dum dum tchhh is common place when it comes to the glorious soundtrack nemmie provides.
*Honest Cint!*

Kaycee

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:19 am

The sound of Corkscrew's lift hill is my special AT noise. :D

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:35 am

"Kaycee" wrote:

Will check for damp patches round rita area next time to see if your in park ;)
*Honest Cint!*

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:45 am

"Kaycee" wrote:

Omg isnt it just, that whirring sound :D tis sexy!!

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Joel

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:03 am

Theres two ride dispatches I love too - they just seem really cool and well sorta 'themed'.

One of which is Air - its great how the floor lowers away as the station turns blue, theres a little gust of air from the floor lowering and the voices say 'Prepare for Air...' as the seats tilt up and face you down... and then 'Now fllllyyyyy' as the trains roll out.

Its just kinda... cool. Thats what I like lol. It kind of adds to the usually somewhat boring dispatch of a ride.

I also love Nemesis Inferno as sooooo many people know I say lol. Again, the floor drops away, the station turns red, and those fantastic bass canons in the roof pound out a thumping heartbeat with the fantastic xylophone theme tune that sticks in your mind, all just adds to the tension and build up of the ride.

I love watching both of them in the station waiting to ride - although I have to say I'm really disappointed that Nemesis Inferno seems to have dropped the dispatch music and turned down the bass canons - even with the new weird music playing the canons are still there though very faintly! Good news was that they were playing the N:I xylophone style theme tune thing in the queue and area though, instead of the jungle noises!

On that subject... the somewhat quite good dispatch music has gone from Colossus too... no more 'Colossus... the power of 10'... just a guy telling you sit back, hold tight and shut up or something ;)

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:08 am

Damn tussaudes not paying for royalties. :(
*Honest Cint!*

barryzola

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:49 am

"Kaycee" wrote:

I have to agree with you there Kaycee. It'll be a shame when that sound is no longer there. :cry:

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:25 pm

OMG what a great topic!
I love loads of noises really.
- The noise that Nemesis makes entering and leaving the station, its got a great tune lol.
- Nemesis Inferno Station Theme (Pure Genius)
- That rattling metal noise as Rita launches
- The noise as Blade gets to the bottom and the wheel makes contact with the boat.
- Oblivion lift hill!!
- Hex noise while waiting outside for the ride to end, its like an electrical engine noise but it is brill.
- And the noise the Rush makes when the air is being flushed out (normally while the arms are falling back down)

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Nope not wrong at all! :D

I too love the way air dispatches! I love listening to it at home but it just isn't the same as to when you ride it. Sometimes air is just the dispatch for me. The old soundtrack (2006) was lush too shame it isn't there any more :(

I also love these sounds:

CatCF: "*ding* Off we go!" Ohh i love that because that for me beings the sexy CatCF magic!

Flume: "Please do not splash..." and "Please sit down in your bath-tub" these because i get a burst of excitement every time i hear them because of the voice who says the announcements, sexy voice!

Rush: The countdown before the swings move is lush again the woman's voice is perfect

WWTP Radio: "If you're feeling ARGHHH! and you wanna be ahhh..... " makes me laugh everytime :lol:

The noise of the lap-bars on runaway minetrain (when the op asks you to push them up and down to check)

The awful CRR announcement "Please remain seated" always makes me think "lol! Alton..."

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

randomjdd
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:49 pm

This is a very interesting topic.........i like the sound that corkscrew makes.....kinda sounds like the a baby screamin crossed with an opra singer........dont know really y i think that but there you go......!!!!!?????

notts nat

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:31 pm

if it is rainining wen you are in a car and you have a version of darren styles save me on you can hear ripsaw fountains going just remainds me of alton towers

Cobra_Roll
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:03 pm

My favourite Alton moments!

- The crash as Oblivion enters the pit
-The Air station dispatch (The breeze, and the blue lights especially!)
-the revving engine sound effect on RITA just before the launch
-The sound RITA makes when she hits the breaks
-Corky's Lift hill
-The click as Oblivion leaves the holding break
-The Charlie music! :D
-Watching forbidden valley go past on the monorail
-Air's (Old) music in general
<3-roll. Geddit?

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:12 pm

"Joel" wrote:
I also love Nemesis Inferno as sooooo many people know I say lol. Again, the floor drops away, the station turns red, and those fantastic bass canons in the roof pound out a thumping heartbeat with the fantastic xylophone theme tune that sticks in your mind, all just adds to the tension and build up of the ride.

I agree with that, i love when the floor lowers it goes BAM! as it hits the floor, and the railing at the front swings open...

aaah theming is the best!

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

JammyC
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:52 pm

My alton towers sound is the lift hill on nemmy (clk clk clk) in groups of three.

If i lean as far out as I can on my office chair and the slowly spin round the chair makes the same noise.

Reminds me of my 61 - IN - A - ROW - RIDES on NEMMY, everytime :-)
ImageImage

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:35 pm

"altontowerskid" wrote:
- Oblivion lift hill!!

OH god i hate that clicking, it sound so harsh and ****s me up every time i hear it. even if it is from a distance.

And yes i love the Corky wirrr, when i get off the skyride it sounds like beckoning. "ride me ride me!"

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:26 pm

How about the Whirring of Enterprise as it speeds up and slows down? Thats ones always a beauty.

The smell of fast food gets me too.

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:34 pm

My favourite coaster noise is when a train leaves the top of a lift hill.

A prime example is the top of the PMBO.