UK theme parks from another point of view!

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:34 pm

"Wildchild" wrote:
I hope its a splash battle with a differance I dont knoiw what the differance could be maybe a little drop but who knows.

Hmmm, well from what we have been told the track is being submerged beneath the lake so I think that a drop will not happen. Would be good tho!

Wildchild
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Yes very true the only way I could see it happening if they made a rcoky water effect but I assume it will be flat.
Blackhole tent and retheme 2008 I hope

BEWARE Staffordshire uni rugby union lads doing it large at Alton towers on the 14th

Nick

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:24 pm

"Javs" wrote:
Hmmm, well from what we have been told the track is being submerged beneath the lake so I think that a drop will not happen. Would be good tho!

It will be a channel system, like the flume, not a track

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Looks like Alton Towers builders have a sense of humour...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3_lSeFEBfhU

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Crofty

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:04 pm

".Adam" wrote:
Looks like Alton Towers builders have a sense of humour...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3_lSeFEBfhU

Adam x

Lol very funny!

But...I can't help thinking that that may have been more than just builders filming builders for a laugh. Anyone fancy speculating thatt his was a planned film made to leak onto the web to promote the new 2008 additions?

Possible clues:
Only Two builders on site, the general panning around the large area ("look a large new addition")
Builders pretending to talk unaware that they are being filmed.
no sound.

Hmmm :D

:D :D

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:06 pm

I would hazard a guess at Alton Towers dabbling in the world of Viral Marketing...

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Quickey
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:31 pm

"Crofty" wrote:
But...I can't help thinking that that may have been more than just builders filming builders for a laugh. Anyone fancy speculating thatt his was a planned film made to leak onto the web to promote the new 2008 additions?

Possible clues:
Only Two builders on site, the general panning around the large area ("look a large new addition")
Builders pretending to talk unaware that they are being filmed.
no sound.

Hmmm :D

:D :D

That is exactly what I was thinking about half way through.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was Alton Towers at all, plus, it is the first video the user has posted.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:21 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

If this is Alton Towers getting into Web Marketing and hitting Youtube, then a big thumbs up to you.

Talk about being in with the times :D :D

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:47 pm

"Nick""][quote=""Javs" wrote:

It will be a channel system, like the flume, not a track[/quote]
I should hope it's neither!
Both channel and track above the waterline would ruin the look of what it meant to be an open boating lake. The Splash Karts and Swan Boats always preserved this.
The best option here would be to go with the Mack pulley system that goes under the water. Now although that gives a problem of water filtering, the whole lake should be filtered or no ride at all, in my view!
Pirates are meant to rule the seas, not run on the H2O version of a motorway.

Dan K
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44 pm

".Adam" wrote:
I would hazard a guess at Alton Towers dabbling in the world of Viral Marketing...

Alternatively, it could just be a couple of builders, you know, messing about. :P

I would hope that if Alton Towers ever did venture into viral marketing, they'd come up with something better than that!

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:50 pm

"Dan" wrote:
I would hope that if Alton Towers ever did venture into viral marketing, they'd come up with something better than that!

I don't know. For a teaser advert, that is pretty awesome. You know its at Alton Towers, you know, buy the work there is something going on/a new addition and the fact they are dressed as pirates makes you think the new area will be pirate themed.

For anyone who doesn't know what is happening next year - its a pretty good for a teaser.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:27 pm

"Wes" wrote:
I don't know. For a teaser advert, that is pretty awesome.

How can you say that was awesome. :|
It was a crappy mobile phone video.

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:31 pm

I'm with Dan and Liam... if that's their idea of Viral advertising then we may as well just all go home now. Any old crap, does not equal viral advertising.
Edwardo..... move me!

AstroDan

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:40 pm

That video is the sort of random rubbish though that gets picked up by people and viewed. Even if it is pants. I mean, builders going about in pirate hats?

:lol:

Gax
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:13 am

Ooo at last! A nice bit of speculation! :wink:

It would be nice if this was Alton Towers having a little try at viral advertising, but if it was made by the park then it's most likely it's just them having a bit of a joke. Which is good to see!

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:28 am

Its worth noting that Thorpe Park have been known to upload video clips onto Youtube. Last year they put up a video of people in fat suits running around the park, some clip about dancing in queue lines and teasers for the fright night mazes. All were uploaded to non-official looking accounts.

It wouldn't surpise me one bit if that was uploaded by Alton. It's not a very good video technically speaking, but it's getting us talking isn't it?!

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:41 am

"Liam" wrote:
How can you say that was awesome.

For a teaser advert I said. As in it gets us talking. I would rather see this than nothing in terms of closed season activities from the park.

Its obviously been made by the park, to post on Youtube to create some interest. No way are they really workers - shovels to move mud? Yeh right!

This is great, its obviously aimed at us, the enthusiasts.

Yes. Its nothing amazing. Its not a full on marketing campaign. But its a cheap/free way for the park to get news out, deffinately unique aswell.

I don't know why there is negativity surrounding this. It is only a bit of fun :? :roll:

LiamSAFC

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:07 am

I'd love Viral Marketing, could do it in Media for my Coursework! :D

It be nice to show us Sneak Previews on the net, like faded pictures of the Area when nearly finished to give us a little idea, plus it could also lead to a little Area Theme story to it. :D

Be a change I suppose.

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:34 am

"Wes" wrote:
Its obviously been made by the park, to post on Youtube to create some interest. No way are they really workers - shovels to move mud? Yeh right!

Also part of the video is taken from on top of the Tavern, and only people from AT would be able to get up there. If it was real there would be more than two people working on site. :)

I think it's a great idea having this virtual advertising, if that is what it is. The public will just see it as someone who's managed to get to that area of the park and take some video.

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:02 am

To me it seems like a bit of a p*ss take at our construction picture discussions.

If so.. bravo.