UK theme parks from another point of view!

Would you like to see ITHOTMK return?

Poll runs till Wed May 17, 2045 6:20 am

Yes
162 (97%)
No
5 (3%)

Total votes: 167

Liam
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

In the Hall of the Mountain King

Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:39 pm

Unfortunately "Hall of the Mountain King" was removed in a ridiculous decision by the management. I don't think the reason is clear, but I presume they thought it wasn't 'resorty' enough or didn't fit in with the park's modern 'fun' brand. :roll:

I don't know what kind of business removes something that a whole country associates with your product in a good light, but there you go.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:44 pm

I really like it when other people notice the lack of music! Makes it better that it's not the us.

The Hall of the Mounting King should NEVER have been removed. It's like Disney removing Wish Upon a Star.

I just hope they finally see sense some time soon!

Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Wildchild
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:39 pm

The challenge to the Customer Council, as you talk to the important people high up, bring back the music - suggest it as it is what we all want.
Blackhole tent and retheme 2008 I hope

BEWARE Staffordshire uni rugby union lads doing it large at Alton towers on the 14th

BULBOUS
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:54 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HmQMVQXm01c

Even this, before you see anything remotely to do with the ride, is Alton Towers.

Bring it back please! :P
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:51 am

In The Hall Of The Mountain King is the Alton Towers theme.

Management can't seem to understand that. It has to be played on park somewhere. Preferably on the Monorail and Skyride.

Its a must.

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:34 am

"nickdaegg" wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HmQMVQXm01c

Even this, before you see anything remotely to do with the ride, is Alton Towers.

Bring it back please! :P

Thats gotta be the last thing they made with "In the Hall of the Mountain King" in... hmm...

Im starting to like nemesis's change though, seeing as my first ride was on it this year, and i have to say, the bass in that peice built up so much tension with me, it made me very scared! Still, it is terrible in comparison to the original peice!

But... i've grown up with Towers Street music playing :( thats the best orchestral peice of music ever composed... and ITHOTMK set the mood, without it... i dont know... the park isnt complete. You play it to anyone and they'll say "oooh the alton towers theme".

Bring it back... please im asking nicely... Make us enthusiasts - AND the GP happy!

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:39 am

I cannot believe they removed it. It gave going on the skyride so mch atomosphere.

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:43 am

"iriderides101" wrote:
I cannot believe they removed it. It gave going on the skyride so mch atomosphere.

It gave everything an atmosphere... :D

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:21 am

"iriderides101" wrote:

You cant give the skyride an atmosphere, its a state and should be closed or refurbished.
......The one and only... :sus:

AstroDan

Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:55 pm

I find it dissapointing to say the least that you don't hear the classic Alton Towers theme tune playing anymore.

I don't get the park at all to be honest on why it was removed... everyone associates that music with AT. It's the best marketing tool they ever had.
Last edited by AstroDan on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

In the Hall of the Mountain King

Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:41 pm

Its obvious as to what many of our opinions about ITHOTMK are, but I felt as though I should create a poll dedicated to what is known as -'The Alton Towers Theme Tune'.

I would like to just get a topic to summarise our thoughts over the park's most iconic music.

It has been widley used throught the years in adverts with different vatiations working well to suit the ride theme, it has also been used on park over the years mainly on the Monorail and in Towers Street.

The last we heard of this great piece of music was back in 2005 in the Rita advert and also whenever the Towers Street music was last with us.

So why do we think the park have stopped using their most iconic piece of music?
And also it would be good to hear any other views.

Joe-07
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:44 pm

There's only one answer to this in my mind, and that is Yes. Quite simply because everybody associates that tune with Alton Towers and it works so well, espically when it was used in their adverts (which has to brought back).

:)
Last edited by Joe-07 on Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:45 pm

So why do we think the park have stopped using their most iconic piece of music?

The park may not want to pay the useage fees. Or whatever there called. Which is a shame

tomfeltonfan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:49 pm

I am dissapointed that they decided to take ITHOTMK out. It is a very distinctive piece of music that everyone considers the Alton Towers Theme. Why at the moment I am listening to the old Towers Street music and thinking "Why on Earth did they take this out?" The same goes for ITHOTMK, I love how it makes you feel as you're walking round and here the music either at different places in the park or on the Sky Ride - or on TV adverts! I really miss it. The park won't be the same until they bring it back.

Nemair
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Does anyone know when the music first came to use at the towers? and If it was intened to be used as the theme?

AstroDan

Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:46 pm

I know it has been used since the early 1990's, possibly earlier.

It is a shame the music is no longer classed as an important piece of Alton Towers'. That music was a kind of 'mascot' for the park, and all associated it with the park. The Towers and In The Hall of the Mountain King beat Euro-Maus hands down.

If management do not realise this, then in my view they are basically kidding themselves. To be quite honest it's probably the one thing i'd love to see brought back over anything else. Everyone, literally EVERYONE I know can associate that piece of music with Alton Towers from days gone by!
Last edited by AstroDan on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:01 pm

This decision and removing the Swan Boats epitomise the wrong turn the theme park has made. As of yet, this has still not been corrected.

I was prepared to see what they make of going for a more resorty feel even though I thought it was a wrong direction, and tbh, I can't see any improvement in anything by following that ideal.

Magic doesn't have to be pixies and fairies like Disney at all. Magic can be more mysterious, and mythical - something that creates tension but with excitement - something which creates awe and intrigue.
That's the element that's missing from almost everything these days, and it's not outdated - it still works, and I believe would help in buisness sense in the long run.
Last edited by Liam on Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:09 pm

It really is the one thing i would LOVE to see back!

It's at the top of my list! With Black Hole a close 2nd!

Regards,
Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

LiamSAFC

Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:32 pm

Ah, The good old 'ITHOTMK', it served us well...AND IT STILL SHOULD BE SERVING US!

How could Alton Towers remove its iconic themetune? Seems like Just yesterday we were all watching adverts for Nemesis and Oblivion, but what made the advert? - it was the music, go up to any young lad/lass today and play them that piece of music, they'll say 'ALTON TOWERS!'

Shame they got rid of it :(

R.I.P In the Hall of the Mountain King:(

LiamSAFC

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:10 pm

That piece represents Alton and should never have been removed. You hear that you think Alton. It's like changing the Star Wars theme to something new it just wouldn't be Star Wars without it. Bad move in my opinion, it's free from royaltys and brilliant piece to work with from an advertising point of view.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*