UK theme parks from another point of view!

Wes
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Do you miss Alton Towers?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Does anyone here ever go through a phase of not visiting Alton Towers and finding themselves 'craving' a visit to the park?

I haven't visted the park since June now and am feeling the effects of no Alton Towers quite badly. I find myself being genuienly sad about not being at the park, I also get excited about the littlest things like the smell of McDonalds as it reminds me of the park.

I think I am really addicted to the place and really miss it quite badly.

Anyone else ever feel like this?

lollypop19996
TT Member
TT Member

I Love Alton Towers

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah, i have, infact it was quite bad! I actually had my birthday party there because i was so obsessed. The last time i went was August the 2nd 2007. Sometimes you feel like you just want to pick the whole park up and put it right in the town where you live! I miss it now!! :( :(
<b> Assume Tha Position, Prepare For Airr x

amylovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:40 pm

I went through a phase of not visiting as i wanted to see if i could go for 10 weeks without visiting. I did 6 weeks and then gave up and went again.
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'

BULBOUS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:14 pm

Yeah, I really love the place & I can't go a day without thinking about it. (Sad, some may say, but some say the thing about football clubs so whatever.) That's exlcluding obvious prompts like ORP's, desktop and here. Just looking up at the clouds out of the window during a particularly boring BS lesson makes me think of Air, always puts a mahoosive grin on me face. :D

I often wonder the degree to which people know how much I love the place. I mean, it's not really a topic that comes up in normal conversation very often. I noticed today that someone who I don't speak to very often but get on well with told me out of the blue that he's off to AT in half term.

I think the biggest thing was the exchange visit, when people asked me things like how I knew about shortcuts, what to do, how often I visit, where to look & other things. And being saved in people's mobiles as "nick Alton" in case they got lost.

Didn't tell them that I was sneaking off to get an AP. "Nah, you just go on Spinball Whizzer, I'll go and get a drink."

But yeah, I love the place and whenever I watch a vid like the black shark one or the air one, I always sigh and smile - I know I can go again, but I wanna go NOW dammit. :)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.

Kaycee

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:32 pm

Yeah my visits this year have been sporadic and generally concentrated at certain times - earlier this season, I went a stupid amount of times considering I live in Oxford... but I didn't go for a couple of months over June and July, and now I've not been for a month... and yeah I do miss it. Depends how busy I am and what I'm doing that's keeping me away in relation to how much I miss it.

Like in June, I was in Morocco for most of it, and at the moment I've just moved into a new house, uni's just started, so everything's a bit frenzied and EXPENSIVE, so I literally don't have the time or money to get up there. :( But because I'm busy, I can't be spending too much time dwelling over it! I'm so busy in fact that I haven't even properly planned my Scarefest ones. :( But yeah, can't wait to be back, will have to buy a proper coat, hat and gloves because it's getting colder y'all. ;) And I do dislike theme park trips in the bitterly cold/rain!

Magical Ryan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:54 pm

Mostly I miss AT as I only get to go there about 4 times a year due to I live too far away for my dad to take me and drop me off, But I miss AT greatly and only have to wish to go there,

Aufo8mycow
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:26 pm

LOL!

The amount of times you guys go.. clearly you have too much money/time or both! Season ticket or not... its not a cheap day out and I can think of plenty of other places to visit around the country without repeat visits to this place. Once a year is just fine for me....
[b]

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Yesss definitely i usually only ever have the chance to visit the park like twice a year unfortunately :cry: i get sooo excited when the time arrives for me to go again like soooooo excited :mrgreen:

Team admin seem to go all the time seem to anyway... you are so lucky, but im not sure wether if i went loads i wouldnt appreciate it so much then so im half and half :)

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

BULBOUS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:48 pm

It's a place that's designed to make us feel good, and it does that, so we go again and again.

I'll make a football analogy, cause most people go for that. A season ticket for lincoln city (who are ****, let me say) costs £165. That's not including food, travel, parking or whatever.

So we'll assume those costs are the same as at Alton Towers, cause they'd pretty much be about the same, depending on where you go to eat usw.

Plus, you can go when you like, how many times you like, rather than a football team you have to time around, if they haven't been knocked out or whatever.

It's a comparative bargain, plus there's no team losing out. :P

But hey, I don't mind if people choose to buy a football season ticket or go to a stately home or play golf or practice their clarinet on the weekends.
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.

Bolton Warrior
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:56 pm

Does anybody else find themselves the day after visting a park thinking about the day before and thinking things like "this time yesterday I was on nemesis - I wish it yesterday again"

Or is it just me who thinks like that :D

kingcriplet
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:29 pm

"coastergraham" wrote:
Does anybody else find themselves the day after visting a park thinking about the day before and thinking things like "this time yesterday I was on nemesis - I wish it yesterday again"

Or is it just me who thinks like that :D

Certainly not! Sure I've wasted hours at work day dreaming bout things like that :oops:

dstone_uk
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:11 pm

It's been a strange year for me, i missed the park alot in the off season and made 7 trips down over the time, but for me the most that i miss is the gardens and the towers, i visted a obsene amout of times early season and nota visit passes me by when i think how luckey we are to have the award winning gardens in amonst the greatest theme park in the countery.

Now that i work on the games i have found myself misssing the rides at points this summer, indeed ma annual pass usage has become very rear YET i ave had a few days off now due to uni and i am missing the buzz of the park, i find that even when you work there the buzz still gets you and no two days are ever the same. No matter what side of the fene you are on a theme park is allways a new chalange and so yes i miss alton towers alot when i'm not in park! God knows how i'm going to cope ths off season!! been there 6-7 days all summer lol

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

bushboy2

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:04 am

Im there everyday so dont really get a chance to miss it. At the end of the season, its not the park i'll miss. Ital be the rest of the staff.

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:27 pm

All the time, only manage to get up there once or twice a year :( so i just shove on the Park music and try to calm down my terrible "craving"! LOL I get it all the time and everyday i think about the place and mention it to my friends at school over 6 times a day. No wonder why they say "Oh christ! He's off again!!" lol :P

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:17 pm

"nickdaegg" wrote:
It's a place that's designed to make us feel good, and it does that, so we go again and again.

I'll make a football analogy, cause most people go for that. A season ticket for lincoln city (who are ****, let me say) costs £165. That's not including food, travel, parking or whatever.

So we'll assume those costs are the same as at Alton Towers, cause they'd pretty much be about the same, depending on where you go to eat usw.

Plus, you can go when you like, how many times you like, rather than a football team you have to time around, if they haven't been knocked out or whatever.

It's a comparative bargain, plus there's no team losing out. :P

But hey, I don't mind if people choose to buy a football season ticket or go to a stately home or play golf or practice their clarinet on the weekends.

I HAVE A SEASONTICKET AT BIRMINGHAM CITY AND AM IN THE AWAY CLUB :mrgreen:

But yes i see what you mean mine and my dads cost a bomb, but i tend to like to go.. AT and the FOOTIE :P

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:20 pm

I've been twice this season and, to be frank, I'm sick of the park now :lol:.

Cannot wait for ScareFest though!

Sarah_RKO
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:16 pm

I haven't been since the end of August and I really need to go now because I miss Nemesis too much. I can't really go a month without visiting, in some sad cases I have to but I try and visit once a month, maybe twice if i'm lucky as I live a fair while away and I have no way to get there really.
Jerichoholic..-- RAW..is...Jericho!

mattcharles
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:07 pm

I do miss it at times. Its an escape away from the usual everyday grind and hassles of life etc. Its a good day out, and not too far away from me.

Also the AP means i can go it alone if i want and get some ride hits etc etc. It doesnt cost a lot at all. :)
The thing that scares me the most about nemesis is.............One day it will close.

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:50 pm

I don't normally miss the park until about a year or so after my last visit, especially at the moment with the park not really offering anything new to make me want to go back.....

Although the Scarefest looks like it's going to be spectacular, memories of the last halloween event just put me off going as the queues were just horrendous making it a rather unenjoyable experience...

Five or so years ago when I was mad on the place, I used to count down the days until our next visit, I don't know what happened to change that, but whatever it was, it's made me sad.....

Normally it'll just be a spur of the moment thing when me and a few mates have got a day off and we'll decide to go....

:)

martynlfc
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:25 pm

I do yeah the day after a big long day there i am fine but i went the Saturday just gone and now i wanna go back! So yeah i do miss it.