UK theme parks from another point of view!

LiamSAFC

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:30 pm

As far as I'm aware, In the Hall of the Mountain King (ITHOTMK) has featured in the 2008 Resort advert AND the Mutiny Bay advert too.

Not sure what you mean by the UG Land "one" though? If you mean the advert then no, I can't see the 1999 advert coming back on TV but if you meant the Music in UG Land then the UG Land music didn't fully leave, its always been there, just under the breath of the annoying music played by Corkscrew and Rita - Queen of Speed.

Hope that was some form of help to you. :D

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Do you meen the Dino Derby theme ? :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:24 am

Dino Derby music is still and always has been there, it's just whether the Games Op decides to play it or not.

Anonymous

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Thanks guys. I didn't her ITHOTMK at all last August even at Ug Land. :( It's good to know that it has returned. :D

Hairy Goggles

Anonymous

Directions

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:53 pm

does the ST10 4DB post code take you to a car park at alton towers, if not are they all signposted well as im useless wit maps and havent a clue where im going.

cheers

Quickey
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:56 pm

I think it should direct you to the main entrance, but from the motorway, the park is well signposted, and when you get in to the park grounds, the car park is well signposted.

Nick

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:02 pm

It will probably take you to the security/trade entrance. If your coming from the south, heading north, the guest entrance is 200m further along the road

bushboy2

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:14 pm

If you use your common sence then finding your way around is easy enough. Read the signs or generally just follow everyone else. Marshalls will most likely be on hand to guide you in the direction of the car parks anwyay. They usualy are on most days.

Just remember that one entrance says Trade and the other says Main. Go in the Main entrance otherwise security will tell you to turn around and go back out.

AstroDan

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:55 pm

Merged from AT General.

Alton Towers is easy to find, with brown signs from M6, M1 A50, A500 and A518.

:)

Anonymous

Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:20 pm

thanks for the replies. its the first time ill hav driven there so wanna make sure i know where im gogin. and sorry if it was posted in the wrong section

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Just to clarify, are the arrangements for ride opening still that regular guests are held at the bottom of Towers Street until 10am while hotel guests and annual pass holders ride Mutiny Bay rides, Spinball and RMT?
Formerly "Dagoo"

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:15 pm

"Dagoo" wrote:
Just to clarify, are the arrangements for ride opening still that regular guests are held at the bottom of Towers Street until 10am while hotel guests and annual pass holders ride Mutiny Bay rides, Spinball and RMT?

Yeah its still like that but i believe Duel is also on ERT. :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey Guys 'n' Gals,
Does Anyone Happen To Know where i can get a vid of the towers 2001 spooktackular ice show ?

Plz Help xx BGS

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 am

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/media/videos/fireworks2001.htm
I'm not sure if that is the whole display, as I haven't watched the video in full or seen the 2001 display in person. It does say promo, so might not be. If it's not someone else might have it.

Are you thirsty?

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Hey,
Thank CocaCola but i need the ice show from start to end not the fireworks.
xxx

p.s. im sure it was on youtube but alas it's set sail x

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:50 pm

Didnt wont to create a hole new topic would be a bit pointless so anyway.

I was at altontowers last month and was told only 3! to each train on spinball when it holds 4! is there any reason for this?

:)
x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Due to weight restrictions, it is limited to 3 adults maximum in one Spinball car. I don't know why this is exactly, but i'm guessing it's to reassure it won't valley on the Horse Shoe turn.

If anyone could shed more light on this than I can, go ahead :D

Big Dave

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:18 pm

It was due to a braking in poor weather and harness problem. Wont go into details though. The problem was resolved but they might have brought the restrictions back has a safety precaution.

jordi20012002
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:29 pm

hey there its been a while since I posted here, going to alton towers on the 11th and 12th of may, an ideas on how busy it will be on that sunday and monday

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:58 pm

Shouldn't be that busy as the "school rush" doesn't start until June, no event on the Sunday but may still be busy from the ultimate Christian event the day before :) Monday should be fairly quiet :)

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.