UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Tickets

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi everyone im new on here and im trying to find out about tickets.

Im going to AT for my birthday and i dont want to have to wait in queus when im there ive seem the x -celerator tickets but they are quite steep. would anyone be able to tell me how good the unlimited shortcut ticket package are. im trying to make my mind up if its worth the extra cash and which one is the best to get. I have £100 of vouchers for AT given to me by work so i will be using these.

Thankyou for any help anyone can give me

Regards

Crofty

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Hi billabongpoo, can't believe this topics been viewed over 50 times with no reply, ahh well.

If your birthday is as your profile states (9th June) then your defiantly better off with some sort of shortcut because of an enormous amount of school trips over that period.
If the £100 is just for yourself then i'd blow it all on an x -celerator ticket, this way you can get on almost everything without queuing at all.
If your planning on spending less then a unlimited shortcut should be fine, however this misses out Rita and Spinball which are Two rides that often have very long queue times.
If you can wait until the start of the summer holidays then its normally a lot quieter and you could get away with just a normal shortcut ticket.

Hope that helps a little, i'm sure more will follow :)

:D :D

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:07 pm

I would only ever opt for the xcellorator if you had money to blow away and/or you very rarely visit the park and want it to be something special. I'd say a shortcut umlimited would be the way forward. Schools would rarely arrive on the blob of opening so you could get in your less-than-30minutes queues for Rita and Spinball and spend the rest of your day as you like, with Nemesis, Oblivion, Air and the Flume under your belt, your biggest queue after this should only really be Congo unless you wanted to go on Rita or Spinball again. When there are school trips, there is generally a surge on the big thrill rides and the tamer ones get left only a touch larger than average.
Formerly "Dagoo"

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:37 pm

If you do go, have a great birthday hope you enjoy it :D .

xx
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 pm

"Dagoo" wrote:
I would only ever opt for the xcellorator if you had money to blow away and/or you very rarely visit the park and want it to be something special. I'd say a shortcut umlimited would be the way forward. Schools would rarely arrive on the blob of opening so you could get in your less-than-30minutes queues for Rita and Spinball and spend the rest of your day as you like, with Nemesis, Oblivion, Air and the Flume under your belt, your biggest queue after this should only really be Congo unless you wanted to go on Rita or Spinball again. When there are school trips, there is generally a surge on the big thrill rides and the tamer ones get left only a touch larger than average.

When I go with school in the summer we always arrive dead on opening time to make sure we get on the busy rides when the queue is short.

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:17 pm

I think the xcelrator passes are a massive waste of money as you can only use them once on each ride. It's better to buy a few fasttrack passes and then you can go on the rides more than once.

jd_united
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:18 pm

[/quote]

When I go with school in the summer we always arrive dead on opening time to make sure we get on the busy rides when the queue is short.[/quote]

really? your teachers aren't enthusiasts are they :lol:

anyway back on topic, like other people have said i think unlimited shortcut should be good enough. if you get there bang on opening you could maybe get two rides on spinball and rita before the queues build up, and once they do then just use your shortcut pass on the others :D

another point is that most school trips will leave before the park shuts in the evening, probably about half an hour or so before the rides close. so if you did want to get on rita or spinball again, then get in the queue about 15 mins before it's supposed to shut, because it's the queue that closes at the time on the board, not the ride :)

Mondaringoe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:37 am

Yeh if you do opt for an Xcelerator, leep in mind what Lon said, you can only do each ride once with them. If you go to one of the last pages of the "Quick questions" thread on this forum section i posted all the rides you can get on with them and what entrance you use etc.

Im gonna ask a question here actually, on your behalf. Are there any special birthday hotel packages or anything you can buy from AT? Cos when i had my Xcelerator pass, as i went into Nemesis the ride host there asked me "so whos birthday is it then?". I dunno if he just meant did someone buy me the passes for my birthday, or wether you get them as some kind of special little present from AT if they know its your birthday or what, but if the latter was true then that would be something to look into.

Alternatively, stay in the hotel and hope something in your room explodes, thats your Xcelerator for the day paid for 8)

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:25 am

When I go with school in the summer we always arrive dead on opening time to make sure we get on the busy rides when the queue is short.[/quote]

really? your teachers aren't enthusiasts are they :lol:

[/quote]

Dunno but they did Nemmy about 3 times in a row.

leejay
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:24 pm

I went last year on 15th June with the school, and it was pretty much dead.

Bear in mind that if you are going for your birthday, and bringing friends, is it really fair you bying an X-cllorator pass/unlimited shortcut and them having to wait for you for half the day, rather than queuing for rides?

Kaycee

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:50 pm

I wouldn't ever recommend blowing that amount of money on something that costs AT nothing (an Xcelerator pass). The money could be put to far better use.

I'd get a couple of shortcut tickets. However, if your birthday is early June, I think you'd be OK you know... it's still exam time for many GCSE, A-Level and Uni students and I don't think the school trip seasons kicks in properly until late June through to mid-late July.

Sarah_RKO
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:12 pm

I went in early June last year, and it was so quiet, i got on Nemesis 16 times, I think you'll be fine.
:D
Jerichoholic..-- RAW..is...Jericho!

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:44 pm

School trips won't begin until 23rd June at the earliest. A better estimate would just be July.

Schools aren't allowed to disrupt too much lesson time. However the last week(s) of term are relaxed, and this is when school trips like AT take place.

LiamSAFC

Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:36 pm

You have the same birthday as me!

Anyways, Johno thats not necessarily true. I went on 21st June and the place was quite busy itself. A good 45 Minutes for AIR, RITA and even Corkscrew. Queues can be a bit dodgy on some days, however just get a Fastpass ticket and you should be fine. June 9th shouldn't however be particularly busy as with the reasons Kaycee stated earlier.

School Trips tend to happen any particular time within Early to Mid June, some Schools cutting it as early as May (although rare).

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 pm

"LiamSAFC" wrote:
You have the same birthday as me!

Anyways, Johno thats not necessarily true. I went on 21st June and the place was quite busy itself. A good 45 Minutes for AIR, RITA and even Corkscrew. Queues can be a bit dodgy on some days, however just get a Fastpass ticket and you should be fine. June 9th shouldn't however be particularly busy as with the reasons Kaycee stated earlier.

School Trips tend to happen any particular time within Early to Mid June, some Schools cutting it as early as May (although rare).

However the government advise is that they shouldn't be that early.

There are probably quite a few private schools going at that time though.