UK theme parks from another point of view!

Most Entertaining Queue

Poll runs till Sat Oct 27, 2046 2:49 am

Rita Queen of Speed
2 (4%)
Battle Galleons
14 (26%)
Duel - The Haunted House Strikes Back!
7 (13%)
Oblivion
10 (19%)
Nemesis
5 (9%)
Air
No votes
Spinball Whizzer
2 (4%)
Hex
10 (19%)
Runaway Mine Train
No votes
The Flume
3 (6%)

Total votes: 53

Hark

Most Entertaining Queue

Fri May 30, 2008 2:24 am

What do you find is the most entertaining queue line at Alton Towers? Would it be Rita's Cattle Penning, The Oblivion Electrode/Lord of Darkness TVs, Spinball's Games, Duel's graveyard/haunted house?

Personally I'm not too sure which I like best, I thin Oblivion has the best Queue line TVs, but Duel has a brilliant themed queue, as well as Battle Galleons interactivity queue. For obvious reasons Rita/corkscrew are one of the worst and I find Air pretty bad too with like 'bus shelters' if they open up the longer queue.

I think it really does help the time fly if the queue is well themed, shows different angles of the ride (or in the case of Hex build it up) and give something the guests can interact with.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 2:31 am

Battle Galleons by a million miles. Even though from my experience so far this season there has been nothing of a queue for it, i reckon that even in the hot summer when there is a queue it will be awesome. They have the water guns all through the queue line, its really well themed around that ship, plus when youre queueing on the bridge you can watch the ride

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 9:03 am

Oblivion - The TVs, the screams you can hear, the announcements (heard some on Wednesday that i didnt even know existed, one saying something along the lines of 'number3201 is standing too close to the perimeter fence...' also the weather warnings are cool 'Oblivion is still in operation but due to unsettling atmospheric particles the experience may be...') The way the que spirals round the station and interacts kind of with the surroundings.

All ques minus Rita and Corkscrew (personally i think Spinballs is okay) are quite good, but i think Oblivion has the edge over them all.

:D

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 9:47 am

Battle Galeons as it has great theming and with Captain Blcks jokes it makes it a great queue to be in (when there is a queue). Closeley followed by Hex. :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

bluebird-ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Duel,

Reason: The Amount Of People That Scream..
Such A Laugh =]

amylovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 1:05 pm

The Flume because i love the music and you can see the final drop so it's not that boring.
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 1:10 pm

Battle Galleons for me, it's well themed and interactive meaning there's always something to do. Even when there's no queue for the ride you can still have fun using the water cannons and from certain points you can watch the ride. There's good audio and overall it's just a fun queue line.

There are a lot of good queues at Alton, Oblivion's gives a great build up to the ride with all of the announcements and the Lord of Darkness on the TV screens. I also think Nemesis has a good queue, you get really close to the ride in places and when you're by the vertical loop you feel the wind as the trains goes through it which can make the ride seem more off putting for first time riders.

It's not hard to say which are the worst two queues, Rita and Corkscrew, they're both quite boring and very unimaginative.

Quickey
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 2:14 pm

I was on the verge of putting Oblivion because of the TV’s, but I think that Battle Galleons is actually a lot more entertaining watching people get soaked, and squirting them with the cannons. :D

walker1104
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 2:55 pm

I think that nemesis has the best queue, followed closely by oblivion. I like nemesis because of the fact that you can see the ride much closer than you can from out the queue, and i think it just adds to the experience. Especially seeing the loop, and being that close.

jordi20012002
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Even though theres never much of a queue, I think ripsaw would be my favourite queue, just because you can never get bored of watching other people on the ride, and everyone cracks a smile in that queue, just as entertaining to watch as to ride

Corkscrewed

Fri May 30, 2008 5:31 pm

hexxxx :D

talk about atmosphere!

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Battle Galleons - absolutely no contest.

It blurs the line between queuing and ride. Whilst it may not have the intense theming atmosphere of Hex, it's experience most certainly is nearer to the actual ride than no other.

on air
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Battle Galleons without a doubt.

Can we have a worst as well :wink: ...nah the poll says it ( cattle pen )
[url=http://www.fotowhizz.com\" target=\"_blank]www.fotowhizz.com[/url]

digitaldan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:56 am

Hex is great for the build up, but Battle Galleons gets you really into it before your on the ride, although if that four mile long queue line does fill up, your gonna be drenched before you get on the thing lol due to those open areas where you can't fire back lol... All part of the fun ^^

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:15 pm

I think Dual is the best. I just think there is so much to look at, every time I go in I notice something else, whether it be in the graveyard or in the house. I think there is still gravestones I haven't read yet!

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:02 pm

I think they are all entertaining apart from air and that isnt that bad when you get near the station.

I surpose im just easily pleased :) .

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

Brett
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:20 pm

nemesis for sure the whole idea of that que was to get great viwes of all the riide and see most of the elements

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:09 am

Has to be Battle Galleons! The best queue I have ever been in. I'm sure on busy days the queue will be used to it's fullest, with guests using the guns as they wait and other guests getting soaked and having to duck from the riders spraying water at them from the boats.

Hex is somewhat entertaining, as a lot of people have voted for it, but I find it a bit crap tbh. You can hardly hear what is being said on the tv screens half of the time with drowd noise, so really it's just boring going round a bunch of, what looks like scaffolding in a fencing form.