UK theme parks from another point of view!

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Girl Falls In Rapids!

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:44 pm

It was late afternoon at the Alton Towers Resort when a park guest who i am great friends with at school were riding the Congo River Rapids. There were 8 of them on the boat and then suddenly she fell out of the boat close to the "waterfall" section of the attraction. She climbed out of the raging river only with minor injuries. It was unclear weather she was messing about on the ride but have being toled she wasen't. The ride reopened later and they were given fastpases. :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:51 pm

Zomg! Close the ride forever!

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:59 pm

You're telling me, if you ''fall'' in the Rapids, you get fastpasses?

I know I wont be queuing on my next visit for sure :P :twisted:

On a serious side, its lucky she didn't get hurt, and is there any clue to how she ended up in the Rapids? Surely it couldnt have been by fault of the boat?

Moley

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:10 pm

Fastpass for falling in?! What do you get if you manage to surf your way back?

Corkscrewed

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:20 pm

ok, how the heck did she manage that??

is she normally a well behaved person, or one of those nutters you hear about? just asking, I don't mean any offence, but how on earth did she manage it without being stupid? or there being some problem with the boat, i guess,

I'm glad shes ok though :)

:D

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:23 pm

"Irejectreality" wrote:
ok, how the heck did she manage that??

is she normally a well behaved person, or one of those nutters you hear about? just asking, I don't mean any offence, but how on earth did she manage it without being stupid? or there being some problem with the boat, i guess,

I'm glad shes ok though :)

:D

:lol: Shes normally alright and generally a really nice person and we get on well.. I'm shure she would never do anyhting like that. :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Take her for a tetanus injection, get her in a shower jobs a good un' :D
......The one and only... :sus:

Wortho
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:50 pm

I'm sorry but if you are sitting down in the boat then there's not chance you can fall out, for starters where you are sat is recessed into the boats so you are sat below the side. The only way you can fall out is standing up.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Yes, these boats have that design for a reason. It must have been her own fault.

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:36 pm

She must have been messing about or standing up as there is no way that you can fall in if you are sitting down, and that means that it was her own fault. I can't belive fastpasses were given out, if there had been a ride fault then I could understand but that wasn't the case.

bushboy2

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:39 pm

happens ALOT more often that you probably realise. Usualy either people jumping in on purpose or standing up etc. I can remember atleast 4 or 5 occasions last summer and alteast 1 or 2 this season until I left afew weeks back.

Big Dave

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:45 pm

Normally happens in the station area. It can only happen if people mess about. I have been on that ride countless times and have I ever fallen in??

I rest my case :P

Kaycee

Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:33 am

Witnessed a girl last year who instead of just getting out of the boat onto the turntable, got out of the boat into the water channel, laughed hysterically and climbed onto the turntable. Was deliberate, but also completely pointless. :-? Very strange. She was in jeans and soaked from the lower thighs down, that must have been pleasant to walk in for the rest of the day!

Big Dave

Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 am

Extremely dangerous to fall into the rapids. An employee fell into the pumps next to the station. Technically speaking he died, but was brought back around again by the medical team. They changed the company policy on kicking the boats into the correct position after they exit the lift conveyor, yet I still see staff doing it.

IronDan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 am

It's a shame I'm not a very good swimmer otherwise I'd get a fastpass too!

Seriously though, how she managed to fall out close to the waterfall I don't know. Even if she was standing up a little it would take a mighty blow to throw someone out of a raft. :?

Well at least she didn't receive any real injuries, otherwise this would have been bad for both the girl and Alton Towers.

Tommy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:10 am

Yeah, that's the main thing, that she's not hurt. Could have been a serious incident if she had been really hurt.

It may have even lead to the closure of the Rapids :shock:

And I love the rapids :)

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:27 am

Good job she wasnt hurt!

She could of wacked her head off the side of the boat or rapids channel anyways good job she didnt.

But when on the rapids if you lift up abit you do feel like your going to fall out such as when your trying to avoid the water because thats just fun! but i think it would take quite abit for someone to achually fall in unless they were messing about, im not saying your lying or anythink though :).

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

Anonymous

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:03 pm

"Liam" wrote:
Yes, these boats have that design for a reason. It must have been her own fault.
no she was not messing around i was there and it a scary to watch

evil cod

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Soo how exactly did she fall in then? She must have been standing up its the only option, the rapids carnt throw someone seated over the side of the boat!

blake_nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:19 pm

she must of been pratting about..if it was near the waterfall it was near the camera.. :x chavs