UK theme parks from another point of view!

And.
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:13 pm

On the CCTV issue - apparently several thousand pounds was invested before the start of the season on replacement and extra security cameras.

Rekki
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:50 am

AJ - that inncodent you mentioned, was that on sunday?

And.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:10 pm

Indeed it was.

Anonymous

Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:37 pm

this is one of the reasons y i think that Alton Towers are losing its magic because if something is vandalised the managmet dont really care. also the queue lines are really didrty like the oblivion queue line. i have heard that it has been cleaned up. Things like stealing stuff out of the ride cages, witch i have seen out of the nemesis queue, neds (chavs) walking through the exit stealing prizes. totaly out of order. dont u agree?

elle-bells
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:23 pm

I was on the rapids over the summer and someone through one of tehm little milk cartons at us and it went in our boat and splashed milk around. "oh," we said " where's that come from?". Later that same ride when we where in the tunnel bit where the runaway train passes, someone from that threw something quite big at us (about 6"x4", and I assume plastic) and it hit my back. Being a hot day I had a strappy top on so you can imagine how much it stung. We told the operators when we got off and he said it was the 2nd time someone had had milk thrown at them that day and didn't seen too worried until he saw the mark on my back where I'd been hit. They said all they could do was inform the epople on the runaway train to look out for anyone.
We found milk cartons all over the place though - even on the netting above the queue at spinball whizzer.

Evil, unimaginative lowlifes. Who on earth would think "I'm at a theme park, lets make everyone elses day a misery."

mitch06
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:12 pm

"elle-bells" wrote:
I was on the rapids over the summer and someone through one of tehm little milk cartons at us and it went in our boat and splashed milk around. "oh," we said " where's that come from?". Later that same ride when we where in the tunnel bit where the runaway train passes, someone from that threw something quite big at us (about 6"x4", and I assume plastic) and it hit my back. Being a hot day I had a strappy top on so you can imagine how much it stung. We told the operators when we got off and he said it was the 2nd time someone had had milk thrown at them that day and didn't seen too worried until he saw the mark on my back where I'd been hit. They said all they could do was inform the epople on the runaway train to look out for anyone.
We found milk cartons all over the place though - even on the netting above the queue at spinball whizzer.

Evil, unimaginative lowlifes. Who on earth would think "I'm at a theme park, lets make everyone elses day a misery."

thats well harsh!!! i'm glad AT is going to invest some money this season on CCTV. People souldn't have to be put through other people throwing things at them n swearing at them. it just ruins a good day out!!!
.м.ι.¢.н.α.є.ℓ.

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:12 pm

Dang right it does, that situation was most likely a one off. I don't see these people going around doing this on a daily basis, one they would get bored of it and two they would run out of money to buy milk cartons.

I've certainly never had this happen to me before, although on the two ocasions i've visited AT the run away mine train was not working due to maintenance.

Big D
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:37 pm

I once walked over the bridge bit on the rapids and their were 3 lads spitting off it onto people riding the rapids. Suffice to say i grabbed one of em a made like i was gonna throw him off the bridge. Said to him if I saw him or his mates do it again i would throw em all off. He ran off quite quickly, turned round after a short while and hurled obscenities at me. My mate found it hilarious when i chased after the little get and gave him a taste of my boot leather!

Honestly the youth of today!
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:04 pm

^Lmao!

It is absolutely disgusting behaviour though. I remember earlier this year, me and a friend were on RMT and the two lads in front decided to turn around and spit on my friend. I dont understand why they do it, I suppose it's to look 'cool' or 'hard' in front of their mates. I'm ashamed to say that they take up half of my generation and yet the other half are mostly perfectly well behaved and have good manners. It's such a shame for me to think that when older people think of my generation, they think of those disgusting, pathetic teenagers :roll:

sammie04

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:42 am

Yes the security in Alton Towers is really bad I think if you compare it to Thorpe Park's security its really shameful. Thorpe Park's security sort things out alot quicker and actually do something about an incident unlike the Alton security.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 pm

And they search people on entry to the park to attempt to stop incidents occuring in the first place. I even saw a sniffer dog patrolling the park a few times this summer (with a police offficer of course- not alone :lol: )

Anonymous

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:04 pm

Well, well, well...:lol: Mitch06, that was a spectacular example of resurrecting an old topic, I hope you're not planning on making a habit out of that. :lol:

Please don't resurrect old topics unless you have something to say that will really contribute to the discussion, thank you very please.

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:09 pm

I dont understand why they do it, I suppose it's to look 'cool' or 'hard' in front of their mates.

They do it because they have no indiviguality, so they follow their peers and media influences. They act violently to make themselves seem physically superior because they are mentally inferior and, quite simply, childish, immature b******s.

God I hate Chavs :x.

Griff
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:19 pm

I don't know if they have or not, but i'd suspect not. But things like cameras up in the queue lines are needed too. I'm talking of the sections of queue lines that go up round the back of nowhere out of sight such as Nemesis. It used to be a breeding ground for smokers, name writing, etching into the fence posts and general chav goings on.

Personally I don't ever recall seeing any security guards, at least not uniformed (although to be honest I don't think i'd no what in particular I was looking for). :lol:

I think there should be more visual deterences (cameras, guards, signs etc), but trying to not make it look over the top with cameras and people all over would be a difficult balance.

I also think that everything should be delat with by security, from someone being pushed to people looking shady being stopped and questioned. Maybe this already happens and I haven't seen it, so apologies if it already does. :)

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:53 pm

I think also a system similar to stealth's queue line would be good where they have cameras and TV screens and when the operators see someone misbehaving they can zoom in on them and their image will appear on the TV screen. Embarassement is often the best deterant.

Dyls
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:52 pm

"Dara" wrote:
I think also a system similar to stealth's queue line would be good where they have cameras and TV screens and when the operators see someone misbehaving they can zoom in on them and their image will appear on the TV screen. Embarassement is often the best deterant.

I love this idea lol. Make a show of the idiots

Con
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:42 pm

"Dyls""][quote=""Dara" wrote:

I love this idea lol. Make a show of the idiots[/quote]

The could make a whole film 'Chavs In A Queue' Starring Coleen Something-or-over (you know, Rooney's girl)

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES

Big D
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:56 pm

I wouldnt call coleen a chav. She aint my cuppa tea but she aint a chav either.
Is she?
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.

Anonymous

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:48 am

Certainly not! Neither looks like one or acts like one! :shock:

metaltoast
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:46 pm

While at AT last week I only noticed a few CCTV cameras around by the main entrance.

Also on our trip we had a group of nearly 60 kids & our teachers said while on the way home that they were amazed we hadn't caused any problems! We even had a group of 5 or 6 chavs who are regular trouble makers, they didn't even cause any problems.

However I can agree with people going on about stealing, I got my wallet nicked at DMP a few years ago with a tenner in it (whilst on Storm Force 10). So I decided not to take any chances at AT & took all my valuables on the ride with me! A good piece of advice is to take some air-tight sealy bags with you because then you just put your phone MP3 player etc... in them & they don't get wet (if you seal it up properly!)

Thankfully I had no problems at AT last week!
You don\'t realize how much you rely on the internet until you don\'t have it!

SPELLING - It\'s a doddle with Firefox 2 & it\'s built in spell checker!