UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ratsfightback
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

What is the busiest ride?

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:36 am

What is the busiest ride to wait for i.e the longest que times.

davidaiow
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 am

Its depends really. The longest ride that I have had to queue for is Rita followed closely by air. On warm days the flume and rapids also get very long queues I believe.

badger

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:37 am

It might not be the longest queue line on the park, but I find the waiting for Spinball intolerable.
I don't mind waiting for Nemmi or Blivvy ( at TTF meets we have waited for over an hour), because the ride at the end of the wait is worth waiting for. But waiting for Spinball is soooo..... boring. I find myself counting out the time between each car as they hit the final brake. It's just so tedious.

In fact, I now only go onto Spinball as an early ride.

:(

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:28 am

I find Air normally gets the longest queues, and Rita's get prety long too. This season they obviously expected the queues for Air and Battle Galleons to be the logest, as on the LED queue boards, these are the 2 rides that are always at the top and stay on every page, last season that was Air and Charlie, but now that the novelty of Charlie has word off it's waiting times aren't ever that long from my experience

xEmmax
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:07 am

The longest I've waited for is Air at over an hour and Flume about an Hour just under.

It can just depend on the day though, some days Nemesis queue can be under 20 minutes all day, while other days we wait for nearly an hour and the queue is like that all day it's weird.

Airs queue is also very changeable I've found, when I've been with the school whatever time of day we've always had to wait over an hour, been with the family a few days after and it was walk on :shock:

I've never waited longer than 20 minutes for Rita (I find even if the queue looks long it moves really fast) , same with Oblivion.

Hark

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:55 am

In my opinion - Air is an awful queue, at least with Spinball you have the wee games to keep you occupied for about 2 minutes, even so - Spinball isn't in my opinion worth the wait - so SRQ or ERT only for that ride.

Air is an awful queue, even the SRQ is terrible, especially if they are operating 1 station, and the queue is very boring and unthemed in my opinion..

Talking of unthemed queue's - Rita? Never had too much of a wait for it, but cattle penning!

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:17 pm

I also personally find it Air, even during 2 station operation, however that still is no where near as slow as when there is one station. The reason Air takes so long to move, is because the trains take a long time to load and get into the dispatch sequence. Also the restraints are controlled by twin locks and a computer, so if one lock hasn't engaged but the ride hosts haven't noticed, either the operator will have to call the seat again, or the ride will pull into the flying position but the computer will not let it dispatch. Then they have to lower the train, check the restraint again and start the sequence again.

Also, despite Air having 3 trains, UK Health and Safety law says that only one train can be in a single block of track at a specific time. On the German Fairs, they count all sets of MCBR's and the lift hill itself as a block where they are able to stop the train if an error occurred, however on Air the only 3 blocks used are the station, main track itself and the brake run. Therefore one train cannot dispatch until the previous one has hit the brakes, thats why you often find yourself waiting in either the station or brake run for another train to finish.

This problem also occurs on Rita, however the queues on Rita are mostly due to low capacity (20 per train). However with Rita, the track is much shorter anyway, and there is no lift which takes up time on another coaster. Plus, unlike Air, Rita is able to dispatch once the previous train is coming into the second set of brakes.

BTW Dara, I don't actually think the queue times signs are done by popularity, I think it's just alphabetic. Air has always been at the top as it is "A", and Battle Galleons took Charlies Place as it comes before it in the alphabet. Still, I think it's a bit weird how they have Squirrel Nutty and Submission on there, i've never seen either with a queue :lol:

AstroDan

Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:35 pm

Rita's queue when all three area's are full should be no longer than 90 minutes so long as there are now breakdowns/ride stops. Air is surely the attraction at the park that gets the longest queue's. It is extremely popular.

:)

woody
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:06 pm

As everyone has said, it is most definitely Air that has the longest queues, maybe because it looks less intimidating than Nemmy? Air seems the most popular, although i would say the Flumes queue is quite long also, especially in warm weather.

nemesis4lyf
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Air, They Will Be Queuing Outside the gate but the sign will still say 20 mins wait :? I member when i last went and i waited for to hours. Also i see it as one of towers most unreliable rides, always having 'Technical Delays'

amylovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 pm

I would also say that Air has the longest queues.
And i hate waiting for Spinball Whizzer, like someone has already said, it is so tedious!! :evil: Maybe it's because you have to queue in such a confined space. And what are the queueline games for?? What a waste of space!!
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:50 pm

"nemesis4lyf" wrote:
'Technical Delays'

:?

Maybe in Airs newer years yes, but in recent years no. Yes all rides have 'Technical Delays' but they are normally quite short, especially this season out of the times i have visited i think the longest down time i have experienced was Nemesis when it was down for the morning. I also wouldn't put Air as one of the most unreliable rides on park.

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:50 pm

"nemesis4lyf" wrote:
Air, They Will Be Queuing Outside the gate but the sign will still say 20 mins wait :?

This is because most of the queue is cut off when it is quiet.

Are you thirsty?

Sgt Hammond
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Air seems to always have the worst ques. Whenever I go it always has at least 40 mins for the whole day, and normaly an hour.

Howerever, the longest I've had to que for is Oblivion. We went with school this year and after running to Nemesis and walking on, we had to wait 2 hours for Oblivion, not wanting to go back because we had done the other big ones.

It was alright though because we got talking to the group of girls infront of us. :)

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:04 pm

It was alright though because we got talking to the group of girls infront of us. :)

Lucky for you.The Girls behind us in the Air queue poked us, and shoved their Mobile Phones in our faces...

Busiest Queues:

Air, Rita and Spinball Whizzer

Use Single Rider for Spinball :wink:
Last edited by Ollie on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:33 pm

"NF2" wrote:
On the German Fairs, they count all sets of MCBR's and the lift hill itself as a block where they are able to stop the train if an error occurred, however on Air the only 3 blocks used are the station, main track itself and the brake run. Therefore one train cannot dispatch until the previous one has hit the brakes, thats why you often find yourself waiting in either the station or brake run for another train to finish.

A train on air can be dispatched when the previous one is 1/2 way round the circuit - the lift hill runs slowly to allow the first train to reach the breaks before the 2nd clears the lift.

On topic - air tends to get the longest Q with rita usually close behind. As others have said on hot days the flume can be up there too, though the rapids Qs have improved since they got the new boats. In wet weather spinball can be the worst due to reduced capacity, and SRQ more of a benefit than usual.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:14 pm

"NF2" wrote:
BTW Dara, I don't actually think the queue times signs are done by popularity, I think it's just alphabetic. Air has always been at the top as it is "A", and Battle Galleons took Charlies Place as it comes before it in the alphabet. Still, I think it's a bit weird how they have Squirrel Nutty and Submission on there, i've never seen either with a queue :lol:

That's a good point, i'd not considere that it may just be alphabetical. However, i do think that popularity must have something to do wth it, otherwise is it not a little odd that the top 2, Air and Battle Galleons, always stay on there while the 2 rides displayed at the bottom of the screen are constantly changing?
They always have Air and Battle Galleons at the top of the screen (last season, Air and Charlie) whilst the 2 rides underneath are constantly changing. This would suggest that, at least with Air anyway, that they keep the queueing time on there constantly because it is the most popular, and they therefore expect it to be the one that people looking at the LED board will be the most interested in

Devil Bunny
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:28 pm

IME Rita and air.

IronDan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Whenever I go it's always Spinball, no matter what.

Bulman
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Yeh spinball and Rita .... last time i went i told my friend rita was crap so we didn't have to queue for it :lol: