UK theme parks from another point of view!

Best ride of 08

Poll runs till Wed Sep 11, 2047 11:00 am

Air
6 (7%)
Nemesis
18 (21%)
Oblvion
10 (12%)
Corkscrew
39 (45%)
Rita
11 (13%)
RMT
2 (2%)

Total votes: 86

Crazy"Alton"F
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Alton's Ride Of The Year

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:30 pm

What rollercoaster this year has really stood out to you?

ReallyRollercoasterRules
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton's Ride Of The Year

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Corkscrew- because I got my last few rides on it and got on the front row for the very first time! :D
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

[url=http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/\" target=\"_blank]http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/[/url]

AstroDan

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:15 pm

I am voting Corkscrew. Nemesis is the best, and I prefer a number of AT rides over Corky, but the ride hasn't half done it's stuff for so, so long, and 2008 will be remembered as the year the oldest resident finally hung up its boots.

:)

greeny11
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:28 pm

I personally went with Rita. It's been on the whole, very reliable this year, and my friend told me it has been smoother this year than her previous rides on it. The only other contender for me was Corkscrew, but I never went on it so I can't really vote for it.

Wortho
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:04 pm

Corkscrew definately, this years most reliable ride and for its last year it has served its perpose and done ever so well and will be sorely missed.

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:09 pm

Definately Corkscrew, my last ride ever on it was at the back, which is probably the best place on the ride. The first drop is a killer! :D Iwill always have Corky in my memories :(
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Matt.C
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Corkscrew. I got my first front seat ride. It was epic. Sad to see it go. My sister also told me to say that she will never forget it since it was her first inverting coaster.

evil cod

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Yes, I am going to have a moment of insaneness here and vote Corkscrew but for the simple and only reason that this season its doing what many riders have been willing it to do for years and giving up the ghost and dieing! Fantastic work by corkscrew to fulfil its lifetime reason of a scrapheap :)

DomB
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:03 pm

I'm voting Corkscrew..

The simple reason behind that for me, is that the ride as done excellently this year, it has ran very well, and has probably been the years most reliable ride.
It's finally going but not after a stunning last season for it.

Corkscrew, we salute you! :)

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:13 pm

My obvious first inclination here would be to go with everybody else and put Corkscrew, as for me it really has done the park proud in its final year and signals a turning point for what will hopefully bring a ride that does the same for the park that the original did all those years ago! Plus, I had a genuinely brilliant ride on Sunday, it felt fast, forceful before the MCBR and most importantly, SMOOTH! I'd say Rita hurts more than my last ride did, and thats why I decided to make it my last ride so I can go out on positive memories :D

The actual other ride which receives honorable mention however is Air, which seemed to be running great this weekend, and even better in the dark with the tunnel lighting! I bloody hope they keep that permanently, or even actually theme it :wink: Plus, I never realised how much of a thrill the back can provide, in the past i've always gone for the front however after queueing 140 minutes (the sign said 40 :x ) I went for the back and loved every second.

So yeah, Corkscrew for its sheer significance (and a great last ride), and Air for the actual experience it gave me :D

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:20 pm

I've got to go for Corkscrew, it's had a good final season and has been one of the most reliable rides in the park, which is great considering its age. It's the right time for it to go, but at least it's going out on a high. :)

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:51 pm

I also voted for Corkscrew as this weekend I managed to get my little sis on it for her first inverting ride and we had fairly smooth rides on it aswell. It shall be missed!!
Since April 2008

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:50 am

For some reason i have enjoyed Rita alot more this year than in previous years, not sure why though. If you'd asked me my two favourite coasters this time last year, i'd have said Nemesis and Oblivion. Now i'd say Nemesis and Rita.

Bolton Warrior
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:21 am

For the 14th year on the trot - Nemesis.

It dishes out a real kicking to every other ride in the country imo.

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:12 am

CORKY :clap:
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm voting for Oblivion but really I also love all the rides! Oblivion because I finally went on it! It was excellent! :twisted:

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:02 pm

For memories I will have to say Corkscrew. This year I rode it for the first time and also got on the front, back and rode it at night AND on it's final day in service. It's gone out on a high which is all you can ask!

However if it was open to all the rides in the park I would say Battle Galleons - I have soooooo much fun on and off that ride!

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Toss up between Corkscrew and Nemesis. Very difficult as both were running well yesterday. :?
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Hardysfan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Corkscrew all the way! It was the first roller coaster i ever went on and I can't go to the Towers without going on it!
She\'s a Killer Queen!!!!!

formula1fan

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Corkscrew, purely for the memories of it.