UK theme parks from another point of view!

AstroDan

Re: Marketing 2009

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:47 pm

It has been featured on a lot of Sky channels - I saw it 4 times on Thursday evening in the space of an hour.

Saturday Night Take Away will have been the "prime" slot for the ad, and will have been seen my millions.

:)

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I really hate this advert. Its just the old DFS advert from last year with a few sharks on the end.

I wish they'd make an advert which shows the whole place in all its glory and then feature the new attractions.

Rita was the last decent advert they did in my opinion, since then none of the others have captured my attention.

James
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:09 pm

All will change next year...

I thought it would have been better if Alton launched the new website while the adverts are on the telly.

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:19 pm

"PeteB" wrote:
Rita was the last decent advert they did in my opinion, since then none of the others have captured my attention.

:? Are you being serious? Well, I at least hope you mean this one and not the first one!

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:32 pm

You see, the best thing about Rita was the wild rumours you'd get in a school playground.

"My dad's mates, best mates sister got the bones in her face crushed by the force of the launch."

Thom
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:55 pm

2009 Resort Brochure can be found here.

Nothing much new (particularly in any hints towards an extended season/winter events) and with Early Ride Time now being offered to anyone booking online, the 'benefits' of staying at the hotels are now becoming pretty thin on the ground.

Thom...

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:21 pm

Air promotional being used there :D

How exciting!

Corkscrewed

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:32 pm

OOH they are pushing the Air promotionals in it a fair bit!

davidaiow
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:51 pm

That was a brilliant brochure!

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:10 pm

:? Air appears twice....

Love the branding though, it's really starting to come together quite well!

Big Dave

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 pm

Just been onto Windows messenger and Disney Land Paris is all over it. Why doesnt Alton Towers splatter their images over these programs? Yes it costs a bomb, but think how many people are going to see it!

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:55 am

"Big Dave" wrote:
Just been onto Windows messenger and Disney Land Paris is all over it. Why doesnt Alton Towers splatter their images over these programs? Yes it costs a bomb, but think how many people are going to see it!

But also think who is going to see it & who this year's campaign is targeted at.

By advertising on TV during Ant & Dec the family will see it together, kids will nag parents to go (especially seeing the family friendly advert).

On MSN the key users are teenagers. They probably wouldn't want to go with their parents, however if they're too young to drive lack any easy method of getting to the park without the parents. Straight away that's a hurdle for them getting to the park. Also would a group of teens spend as much (or have as much money to spend) as a family of four while on park?

By advertising on TV Alton are probably better targeting their desired customers (the family) and also getting more return for the money spent on the campaign.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:01 am

Alton Towers have advertised on MSN for small periods since I have had it. Obviously its the odd advert now and then, but it happens.

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm

You'd be surprised on how much disposable income teens have for on the park.

When I've been with my mates, we've eaten lunch and dinner there; bought a photo pass, and been on some HB leisure games.

I know not everybody does, but teenagers don't just turn up and walk around like chavs :D

ATR09
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Has anybody heard the new Radio adverts yet?

They are quite funny.

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Haven't heard them myself.

I don't live in the local area, so unless you can hear them on national radio, I probably won't. :(

Justtracy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Living in Northern Ireland we have no adverts for Alton Towers on any of our media. Thank Crunchie for all you lot! I rely on the lovely people on this forum to post links to the adverts so I can see them. You really are all wonderful :clap:

monkeywool
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:57 pm

The marketing team tailor their campaign to the new attractions, with the sea life centre and cloud cuckoo land being the new main attractions, with more colourful monorail and skyride then the marketing is family and kid orientated this year.

MSN as said before is more of a teenage thing, so thrill seeking etc would be when you see adverts from AT on there. That's next year's marketing campaign as they will be advertising the new ride for thrill seekers, so more teen and intense marketing akin to when the nemesis campaign began will be next year I think.

Big Dave

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Thing is Disney, kids park, special kids offer! Hello they are aiming at kids, yet are using MSN as a way of marketing. Its not just kids that use MSN messenger but a wide variety of people and I was only using that as an example. Iv always felt that they do not advertise and get their name out half as much as other parks in other countries.

AstroDan

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Alton Towers get there name out loads! TV Campaigns, Radio Ads, Thousands of vouchers sent to schools, MSN has been used in the past, soft drinks, tea, Walkers Crisps... you name it!