UK theme parks from another point of view!

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Quick Questions 2009

Sun May 31, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks people!

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 31, 2009 6:23 pm

is the park opening at night :?: because lighting strings are appearing on posts all over the park

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Nope, most the lighting was put in for the Scarefest (when it is open at night) and has remained in place. THe park is still only open until normal times 5/5:30 (7 during the summer)!

Jelka
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:57 pm

This may seem like a silly question but does Rita make you jump on the launch? I am abit scared of the element of suprise as it suddenly accelerates. 8-[ :)
Don\'t just wish upon a star, reach for one...
Formerly known as \'towersmagic\'

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Err well it doesn't make me jump! The launch is too sudden really for anything like that to happen, you're travelling at 100kph after 2.5 seconds! So I'd say no it doesn't, and anyway you kind of know when the launch is going to be because of the lights changing from red to green. :)

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Is the Nemesis theme music still played in the queue line?
Please visit The Online Games Directory
http://www.freewebs.com/togd/

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:54 pm

"towersmagic" wrote:
This may seem like a silly question but does Rita make you jump on the launch? I am abit scared of the element of suprise as it suddenly accelerates. 8-[ :)

it's quite dificult to jump when you're in those restraints!

Jelka
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:00 pm

"jam&lob" wrote:
Is the Nemesis theme music still played in the queue line?

I am not sure about the queue line but Alton Towers definatly plays the Nemesis music in Forbidden Valley near the Nemesis queue line. :)

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes, the Nemesis music is still played in the Queueline aswell as the Station and around Forbidden Valley, obviously excluding the Air area. The soundtrack was changed temporarily in 2007, in which a more generic and less melodic track was played that was less comprehensible from the queueline, muchly due to relying heavily on the Station's bass cannons. In October 2007 the original music returned to the entire area with much applause.

However, the full soundtrack is no longer played which includes the Nemesis story and an extended mix of ambient sounds, as well as the main Soundtrack looping 4 times. This went out a long time ago and was relpaced by a 3 part loop of the main soundtrack, with the story cut. Since the 2007/8 relaunch the park only have a sample version which contains a single loop of the main soundtrack, which cuts out 15 seconds are so from the end when it would usually flow back into the main melody.

Hope that helps :D

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks for the replies thats great.
Please visit The Online Games Directory

http://www.freewebs.com/togd/

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:30 pm

"NF2" wrote:
Since the 2007/8 relaunch the park only have a sample version which contains a single loop of the main soundtrack, which cuts out 15 seconds are so from the end when it would usually flow back into the main melody.

And I think the reason for this is because they lost the original file with the Nemesis music on it, so had to use the music from Towers Times, well that's what I was told last weekend. I'm sure someone on here will be able to confirm that though.

SEALIFE
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Ahoy There' :D

1. How Much Is A Photo Pass?
2. Where Do You Buy Them From?
3. Does It Include All Rides?

Thanks! :D

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Hey mate :D

1) Photopasses cost £20 and have 5 photo vouchers within, this saves £15 over buying 5 separate photographs. The vouchers cover Photo's, Keyrings and Magnets. Larger items such as posters, mugs and Hoodies cost more so are not included.

2) They are sold at any of the Picsolve counters around the Park. Simply ask for a Photopass when ordering your ORP on any ride and they will give you one. You can use it immediately after payment on that ride, or at any other Picsolve outlet on park.

3) It covers all of the Rides with ORP camera's, so basically all the Coasters and Water Rides as well as Duel, but I am unsure whether it covers Walkabouts such as those on Towers Street and Sharkbait which are run by Picsolve but a different system.

Hope that sums everything up :)

SEALIFE
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:47 pm

"NF2" wrote:
Hey mate :D

1) Photopasses cost £20 and have 5 photo vouchers within, this saves £15 over buying 5 separate photographs. The vouchers cover Photo's, Keyrings and Magnets. Larger items such as posters, mugs and Hoodies cost more so are not included.

2) They are sold at any of the Picsolve counters around the Park. Simply ask for a Photopass when ordering your ORP on any ride and they will give you one. You can use it immediately after payment on that ride, or at any other Picsolve outlet on park.

3) It covers all of the Rides with ORP camera's, so basically all the Coasters and Water Rides as well as Duel, but I am unsure whether it covers Walkabouts such as those on Towers Street and Sharkbait which are run by Picsolve but a different system.

Hope that sums everything up :)

Thats Great Thanks! :D

And I never knew that they did posters!

How much would you say they roughly cost? :?

greeny11
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 pm

From what I saw of the price lists today, the posters were on sale for £9 I think (they were on Rita certainly).

Jelka
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi,

Do any of you recommend me riding Oblivion on my next visit? I have been on Speed: No Limits and really enjoyed the first drop too.

I have not had a chance to ride Oblivion as yet but I am wonder wether to make time on the next visit of mine.

Thank you in advance, towersmagic. :D

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:06 pm

^Yeah!

Definitely worth a go. Oblivion is different to Eurofighters as you experience the drop more as you are held there instead of being plunged straight over like Eurofighters do.
Also it rarely has a long queue so you may get to go round a few times if you like it.
:D

[Archive]

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Definitely! Definitely! Oblivion is brilliant and has a fantastic ride experience. Alton Towers did a very good job when they built it, giving it a lot of suspense.

greeny11
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Oblivion is short compared to Eurofighters, as all it basically consists of is a very steep drop and a steep turn, but I would recommend you go on it, it is excellent at building suspense, and the ride experience is terrific.

Jelka
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks for your responces.
The thing that scares me slightly is that someone I knew went on it and came of not liking it that much and saying to me it was too terrifying. 8-[ How do you think the fear factor is compared to eurofighters like Speed: No Limits and so on...? (Sorry if that may seem like a silly question to you?) #-o

thanks in advance! :D