UK theme parks from another point of view!

suffy
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:16 am

"billyrae" wrote:
"suffy" wrote:
Well on Page 46 billyrae said that the Ghost of Frank Butler is said to rome the towers - Frank Butler lived from 1908-1912 - is it possible he is the boy which was killed? Just a quick idea. It seems everything would tie in then.

Mike.

No he worked there from 1908-1912

Ahh I see, my mistake, sorry.

Nethertheless, this is very interesting. I can just hope that the next information pack adds more information and that this is not some phoney.

Big Dave

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:57 am

"rightbackgranty" wrote:
. For several reasons - the first being the High Definition version being availible - you need good software for that.

Im sorry but I have taken videos in the past from a standard Sony camera and used Windows media player to edit them and them uploaded onto youtube. Its now available in HD. Hardly professional using software shipped with the windows operating system but still getting the same results.

rightbackgranty
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:12 am

Fair enough Dave, was only passing on what was said. The point I was trying to make is that a high definition makes it more credible - you usually see official releases come standard with that option. Slightly more credible at least.

And I dont see why the use of Nottingham makes any difference - if the "advert" had to include city footage, why not use Nottingham? Its just a city. Im sure people would be saying "why London" if it was there or "why Stoke" or "Why Manchester". They have no real links to the park, no, but that doesnt make the video any less credible.

If we assume that a firm did make this, and this firm was located in Nottingham, then it would make sense for them to use their local city. Also, licenses are required to film in some cities, and some licenses are easier to aquire than others - perhaps Nottingham was an easy place to obtain a license?

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:16 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but the video is far from High Definition. Its in Youtube High Quality but still not the highest quality YouTube has available (which is 720p HD).

The video isn't even in Widescreen.

Ianmoz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:30 am

I really hope that this video is a true beginning to a viral marketing campaign, as the amount of discussion it has already brought is brilliant, however my only real point in writing is that if a new theme is brought to ugland, and hence rita (as expected/ hoped for/ prayed for) then surely rita would be included, as maybe sort of how powerful the hound is, that it can change rita into something more dark and sinister.

Also i would just like to go back to the point, that whilst the budget seems to be small, i think that people should be expecting something very good, as this theme does seem to be linked to a forest, and so most of this ride is naturally themed, and unlike previous rides (oblivion and nemesis, also air was actually way over budget i believe) minimal landscaping needs to be completed, so the budget whilst small to look at could be quite high, for what needs to be completed, (also merlin seem to be very focused on theming, not the best by a long shot, but a lot better then previous companies).

Finally, roll on monday to see the next stage in this (hopefully real) marketing campaign, and if not very weel made amateur campaign!
Bring on SW7, and hopefully many more future rides to the UK!

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:20 am

Cool beans. :D

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:03 am

How intresting! :D
Doubt it's anything offical though, because it's not thr typ of story I'd expect. The story's more tragic than scary.

:mrgreen:

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:10 am

I don't think thats plausible whatsoever.

King Sykes
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 am

The poem was interesting! :clap:

But the video wasn't selling it to me, only in high quality... i have thought it would have put in HD, and the video of Nottingham... irrelevant?
Im pretty certain I could do something similar/ better in an hour with my camera and Sony Vegas tbh!

stretchy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Hmm

I'm sure I have seen that specific bit of fast forward video before. Would someone who has far more time than I just check out the various stock footage sites. I'm sure I've either seen it on an advert or midlands today or something.

my verdict.. excellently well made and enjoyable fake.

Reasons.

1. stock footage - I have seen that specific speeded up shot before.
2. Quality - The quality is too good for viral. (Take the saw vids, they looked crap)
3. Timing - Looks more like an ad than part 1 of a campaign, if this appeared during scarefest this year and we still didn't know much more, then I would believe it was real.
4. Timing II - Wierd how this appears only a few days after the general chatter in the site lulls into randomness, and some channel members say things like 'I wish Towers would release something'.

Who?

Wild stab in the dark here - The only fans I know of with this level of production professionalism is young Mr Sanbroke's team.

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:32 pm

lol :lol: it's not me i don't have a clue if any of this is real or not but i doubt this is very much but the Rockwell sounded/looked interesting. :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

FallingStar
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Looking at the poem concept that this particular person has chosen, could this be further evidence that this is official. We all know that MakeBritainHappy definitely had links with AT, and his location is WatchTheGround. This could then be fitted into the poem to rhyme with hound. For exampe:

A viscious wolf,
A loyal Hound,
A new twist is coming,
Watch the ground.

Maybe im reading too far into this, the thought having occured to me at 3 o clock this morning, but i still think this could be real, regardless of the quality of the youtube video.

MakeBritianHappy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Watch the Ground and the Statues. Not Nottingham...

:)

BSwiss
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Regardless of whether it is from Alton Towers or not I am a little disappointed in the video. It's being marketed as a ride rather than an experience. It is comparing it to previous rides, but claiming it to be better.

I would have preferred the video to concentrate on the story. If they really are planning to theme this ride as well as they possibly can then they should emphasise this.

We know it's going to be a ride, that's not news to us. We know that Towers will be trying to make this their best ride yet as it is potentially highly profitable and I sincerely believe a lot of the people in charge have great pride in the profession.

Bottom line, I would have liked to have seen something relating to the myth or story.

And.
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:21 pm

MakeBritainHappy you're such a tease! LOL

James
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:24 pm

As said earlier in the topic, notice the date on there is 1st April(April Fools anyone?). Also notice that the year is 2010...

rightbackgranty
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Ahh. Nice to see MakeBritainHappy return. They were good fun. Like their "location" too :)

And yeah the date is April Fools, but could it be the opening date of the new ride 8) Seems feasable.

PyroMittens
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Regardless of who made it, I think it's doing its trick as viral marketing =P.

rightbackgranty
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 pm

True pyromitttens - even if its nothing to do with Alton Towers, the interest being generated is quite substantial!

Anonymous

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:44 pm

I highly doubt it actualy being from the towers themselves, but, that poem is actualy quiete reasonably beleivable and clever, if it is just a fan made piece of writing, hey, they have a great imagination!