UK theme parks from another point of view!

walker1104
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Rita Restraints

Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:30 pm

I was on park yesterday and noticed that Rita wasn't using a few of its seats (6 in total I think) on the blue train. They just left the restraints down, and when I asked I just got told the seats weren't working.

Any ideas about why this is?

SAM93

Re: Rita Restraints

Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:36 pm

I noticed this when I was there on Opening Day, however it was only around 2 to 4 seats then :?

JakFrontier
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:19 pm

I noticed this yesterday aswell :shock:

Dave

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Presumably they have haveing a few problems with them so for safety reaosns they cant use them

Nemair
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:33 pm

They had a similar thing to this on Spinball on opening day. They were only filling the cars up to 3 people due to 'weather conditions' :S

Great for single riders though! We got about 6 rides in a row :P

Voni86
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:17 am

"Nemair" wrote:
They had a similar thing to this on Spinball on opening day. They were only filling the cars up to 3 people due to 'weather conditions' :S

Great for single riders though! We got about 6 rides in a row :P

I think that's something to do with the rain, if the cars are full they go too fast on the slippery tracks... or something like that anyway. Anyone knows the proper reason, do tell! :p

Big Dave

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:26 pm

I assume they are having problems with the seats. They didnt have the blue train on the system at first when I went so I assume they are still working on it.

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:31 pm

My idea is that Intamin are no where near the level of expertise that B&M are :tongue: so spend longer with seats down than the likes of the almighty Oblivion.

Spinball whizzer is a certain type of Maurer Sohne ride that is affected by wet weather. And due to the health and safety implications set by the Ride Manufacturer whenever it is snowy or rainy and for some time after it has stopped raining the weight in each car has too be reduced due to the speed that the cars can notch up. In extreme rain the number of people in a car can be reduced to 2 too further reduce the chance of the cars overspeeding.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:23 pm

Last Thursday there was 4 seats out of action on the blue Rita train.

Row 1 Left
Row 2 Right
Row 3 Both

Single-Riders were being ushered onto the blue train for the front 2 rows, meaning a 50% chance of a front row off of single riders, this massively reduced the capacity of the ride, and queues hit over an hour on what was a not massively busy day for the park.

The purple train was perfect, and was launching on 20 seats each time.

skelly
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Well blow me I have never even noticed different coloured trains on Rita, shows how much attention I pay!
I do remember going on spinball when it was wet and only 3 were in a car. I asked the op doing the loading and she said that during wet and snow they have to reduce the weight on the cars going round, as if they didn't they would go too fast.