UK theme parks from another point of view!

evil cod

Count Your Calories with Merlin

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 am

Later this month, Merlin run eateries will be within the first wave of restaurants, country wide, taking part in a scheme to show calorie counts on menus.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7981987.stm" target="_blank]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7981987.stm[/url]

So who will actually be making use of this feature? Will it affect your food choices?

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Count Your Calories with Merlin

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 am

To be honest, it won't affect mine at a thme-park. If I'm at Alton Towers, then it's a treat, so I don't really care how many calories there are. :)

James
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 am

Same here, when I go to Alton I treat myself with what I eat and don't mind what I'm eating although this would be beneficial to my mum as she is a diabetic and needs to count the calories she eats everyday, at the moment she just guesses the amount of calories shes eating.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 am

Me thinks I'll still be having Vegetarian Nachos from the Mexican Cantina. It's probably one of the healthiest options at the park anyway! :wink:

Scott7302
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:55 pm

I got a sandwich from the coffee place on tower street and it displayed the calories etc on the front of the pack. I liked that, as it gave me a ruff idea of what I was eating... off topic I know but I saved about £60 this weekend on food and gifts by just showing my annual pass! it has paid for itself already!

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Wow, thats actually pretty cool.

However - surely that will put people off some of the more expensive dishes (in theory) and opting for a light snack/salad?

Scott7302
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:59 pm

well being there the whole weekend I have to say I found it difficult to find healthy options, also a lot of dishes had salt quite high, I was feeling thirsty all the time and by sunday I was feeling quite ill... They need to change their standards when it comes to this. England/britain is a very health crazed place now, Burger king is nice one day and pasta buffet etc, but apart from sandwiches I couldn't really find anything healthy to eat.

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Fantastical Escapism to get you out of the worry of day life. This is a perfect thing for them to do that helps us too forget about what we do in our everday life :?. Ah well, no big deal me thinks.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

Voni86
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:56 pm

I wouldn't care about it, to be honest. I don't check calories when I'm at home, why bother when I'm on a day out? I have common sense, I know full well that a nice salad or grilled chicken is much healthier than a big mac or whatever!

skelly
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:06 pm

I'm that far gone it wouldn't matter now if I watched the calories or not, so it won't influence me!