UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:45 pm

Are we talkin bout trams ere? I was on about a safety rail on the rides not a tram! Im getting confused :?

darrenhosker
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 pm

They can control the ride on a manual setting, it has overshot the station once when i was on it on the Halloween night in 2001. He stopped it but the front was too far forward so he just signalled to the ops and it went through again.
Also once when I was on it he sent it in reverse through the station and down the hill towards the tunnel, it stopped in the tunnel and went forward again and straight through the station. I think a mechanic was testing something, think this was about 1993 or 94.

Dazza

Rekki
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:50 pm

its cant go in reverse, it proberly tripped out and rolled back. the speed is controled by a potentiomer, its not automatic at any point around the track, the operator turns the pot to 100% when the ride starts, when its done the 2 laps, its dropped to about 60% before the station, then slowed gradually untill its on 5% then its stoped at the station. this is how it works, trust me, i spent all day in the cabin learning to operate the bloody thing.

Anonymous

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:51 pm

I went on rmt a few weeks a go and it was dead slow. utterly boring. but then on the last day it was flying like a completely different ride. anyone know why?

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:57 pm

"quadman88" wrote:
I went on rmt a few weeks a go and it was dead slow. utterly boring. but then on the last day it was flying like a completely different ride. anyone know why?
Did the Ride Operator turn the speed up?

Anonymous

Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:18 pm

Summit dodgy happened with the runaway train when i last went alton towers. As it was coming into the station so the riders could get off, it started rolling backwards around the last corner. Luckily the ride op sorted it out pretty quick by sending it round for a third time.

evil cod

Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:59 pm

yeah when i was there a few years ago, we had the normal 2 times round and then passed straight through the station again, looking up to see the male ride operator seemingly hitting the control desk! when we had finally got back to the station a 3rd time there was a woman in the control box instead to great us with the announcement "At least one of us can stop it" nice! well 3 times round im not complaining but starting off with a compentent staff member would have been nice.

AltonTowerswierdo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:41 pm

Thats why me and my mates always wana sit at the back lol!

JezziWezzi
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:59 pm

I think the ride isn't bad but it could maybe be a bit longer rather than go round twice. It could also go a bit lower to the ground to give the feeling that it is out of control. My real dream is to have about 25 loops in it and for it to come of the track at the end into a huge shark infested pool where all the guests can laugh and point at you as you scream for help and crawl out of the chaos.

omg i luv ur sense of humour.....u r a kewl person......but dnt u jst tink ppl wud stop goin on it.......i ad a dream bout a ride lyk tht........xcept i got eaten by a blob of marmite! :mrgreen:

Renegade
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:11 am

omg i luv ur sense of humour.....u r a kewl person......but dnt u jst tink ppl wud stop goin on it.......i ad a dream bout a ride lyk tht........xcept i got eaten by a blob of marmite!

Before a Mod gets to this lol :) Guideline 1 :-: Dont use text laungage use full words :)

Lozza
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:07 pm

yeah, if you're at the back, also i find that runaway mine train seats are NEVER comfy!
:D

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:33 pm

went on RMT on sunday and it was moving pretty swiftly, been on it before but it was not like that, really dug in when it goes in the tunnel, was pretty impressed all in all. :clap:

martini500
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:43 pm

Hehe it's always been like that, we have fun and squash each other :lol: It's only if you sit up the back it happens.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:45 pm

As a former operator on the RMT I can tell you that the everything about the ride is controlled by the operator. They have control over speed and also parking it in the station which is why when the train overuns (usually when its rainingand its hard to stop) the lapbars cannot be opened as the train needs to hav estopped in a certain area for them to function. This is why sometimes people get to go around three times

allyouwant
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:51 am

Yeah, I've been stuck at an angle too, but as me and my friends are quite thin we slide around so much. All good fun! :D

Has anybody else hit their hand on a rock as the train goes into the tunnel with the rapids? I was on the right at the back-It really hurt and grazed my hand pretty bad. Although I've sat there since and not had the same problem.

easier then a gmtv competition question!

AstroDan

Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:51 am

The best rides on RMT are always when the operators/staff get totally immersed in each ride. For example, my most legendary ride on RMT was perhaps 5 or 6 seasons ago when we went around twice and then the operator 'accidentally' stopped it about 2ft too far in the station so he said over the tannoy 'arf, you'll just have to go around again then' and then it happened again until we stopped. I have also been jerked through the station before now as the operator tries to whip the riders into a frenzy.

In Adrenaline week actually the ride hosts were dancing and clapping which was nice. RMT is one of the best for rider/staff nteraction!

ShadowTD
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:02 am

Second that. I'm gutted it's shut tomorrow as it's so much fun if you get a good op. I'll never forget four of the fastest laps ever in the dark at fireworks 2004.

Also, has anyone ever seen the front lights on the train work? I've only ever seen the rear ones on.

allyouwant
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:10 am

I thought it was just shut today? Image

easier then a gmtv competition question!

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:17 am

"allyouwant" wrote:
I thought it was just shut today? Image

Presumably it will be shut until they get the replacement part they need.
No idea what that is though or how long it will take to be fitted, I don't think its too serious though.

Anonymous

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:21 pm

RMT will be closed for at least a week due to a fault with the ride. Should be open before April 1st tho.