UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ash
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Disgusting Burger King Service

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:33 am

Hey,

Whilst visiting the Alton Towers Resort on Sunday 19th April, and located at the Mutiny Bay Burger King, i was stood by the side of a freind as they ordered a Whopper meal with just cheese and a Whopper Meal with everything, in those words. A simple enough task for of gods creatures to comprehend.

After paying for the produce, and being provided with the goods, we discovered that my own burger contained all of the ingredients i asked not to have. And from past experience, i know that when creating such a product it has to be freshly cooked as it is a special order but not one that doesnt happen often enough.

So as were provided with 2 pre cooked burgers, and not what we requested i went back to the establishment and asked for them to swap my burger for the special order that was asked for.

The answer that was provided back to me was, "No as we are closing now, and all the grills are being turned off and it would have to specially cooked."

So instead of getting what i asked, the person who served me whom i believe her name was , "Charnellar" took the easy option as she wanted to go home early.

After a long day, and due to the lack of courtesy, customer service and skill that thrives at such establishments, i felt it wasnt particularly worth arguing with and should of asked for a refund, or to speak to a superior. But i quite frankly couldnt be bothered.

I just find this sort of this disgusting, and i have no idea wether Alton Towers are able intervene over service from Burger King but i sure as hell hope it is written into there contract.

It seems as though things have not gotten better, hopefully there extortianate prices and poor quality food (Which yes i was firstly beginning to pay for, as it was the end of the day and i didnt particularly want a buffet or a hot dog) will drive them into the gutter and out of the park.

In comparison to the Alton Towers ran outlets, there is a vast difference in level of service, and food quality. Hopefully it will drive a long and sharp spear into the heart of Corporate Fast Food Establishments at Alton Towers Resort.

If anyone from AT happens to pick this up, the person in charge or Product Excellence perhaps, please just once order something from the kind patrons at Burger King and feast your eyes on disaster.

Regards

Anyone else experienced anything like this? There were rumors of things getting better, careful use of the word rumor :)

Invie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Disgusting Burger King Service

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:38 am

One rule with burger king: You're not allowed to be picky. :P

Seriously though, this was probably just a one-off. I can totally understand them saying they couldn't do it as they were closing, and it's unfair to be annoyed about that, but it IS well within your rights to complain about them getting your meal wrong.

You should've just stood there and asked for your money back.

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:22 am

^^
No this happens all the time at Alton, we've had SO many topics complaining it's terrible. Check out the reviews in that section.

Ash, remember her name and go to Guest Services first thing next time, they'll tell Burger King about this.

Are you thirsty?

James
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:59 am

"Ash" wrote:
Anyone else experienced anything like this? There were rumors of things getting better, careful use of the word rumor :)

Well that rumor isn't true, unless I was somewhere else. I've had similar problems and have seen may similar problems during my visits to Alton although what I have seen happened in the Burger King up by Cloud Cuckoo Land.

We went there on 8th April, very quiet in there but still quite a few customers. We went to order our food and saw many people(when I say that I do mean ALOT) complaining of being given the wrong orders. There was one case I saw that a man had paid for his meal which was a big order and the woman at the counter gave the meal to somebody else who asked for a small meal. The man told the woman that he'd been there for 10mins waiting for his order, he shown her the receipt and her answer was 'Ooh, I gave it to someone else'.

Luckily with us we had the right order although the burger tasted horrible and it was actually cold and looked black. We couldn't be bothered to ask for a fresh one as it looked like madness there anyway. My dad had a coffee and obviously they don't put milk in there but they filled the whole thing to the top, not everyone likes black coffee. My dad went to the counter and asked for another cup and told the woman that they'd filled the cup to the top. Her answer was 'me no speak english', hmm Your in the UK's best theme park on british soil and you can't speak english?

We saw many angry people in there and we saw one group of people talking to the manager.

If Merlin/Alton think sense in the long term their own outlets will bring more profit in and be more popular with guests, this has been proved with the Pizza & Pasta Buffet.

I think it's disgusting in Burger King, I don't understand really as high street Burger Kings I've been to have been pleasant.

AstroDan

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:59 pm

There is the odd bit of ok service, but on the whole BK is awful for the image and experience in the park.

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:06 pm

These complaints are everywhere but hang on a moment.

McDonalds and Burger King are both franchises, and the staff are employed by Alton Towers yes? So why has the service and staff changed when it should only have been the end product (food)?

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Did we ever have any problems with the Big M when they ran the outlets?

As for BK, my experience with them was fine. However, I went to the CCL outlet at about 11am and although busy I can't imagine how crazy it would be at lunchtime!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Simple solution take your own sarnies to the park.. :D

I have given up with BKs poor service with moist buns..
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]

AstroDan

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:59 pm

McDonalds were not perfect either - but at least you were getting a cheap meal which in some ways compensated, not to mention the themed outlet at Cred Street. I still can't believe Alton Towers allowed BK to generic-ise the restaurant...! Unbelievable really...

The prices are shocking (£5.49 to £7.69 for a standard meal) compared to McDonalds old prices. McD's used to be the same as the high street, but BK is massively inflated. The service is often very poor too.

I cannot stand it!

neontrix
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Quote: One rule with burger king: You're not allowed to be picky. :P

And Their motto is "Have It Your Way"

I Went to BK, In Lincoln the BK in the waterside center and on St. Marks are okay for service, But at alton your served buy someone who cannot understand the phrase "Bacon cheeseburger and small fries, Please"

My Personal BK favaroute :P
"We are entertainers. The fact we use concrete and steel to do our entertaining, as apposed to a piece of Shakespearean text or whatever, is... is immaterial" - John Wardley, 1997

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:20 pm

"PeteB" wrote:

McDonalds and Burger King are both franchises, and the staff are employed by Alton Towers yes? So why has the service and staff changed when it should only have been the end product (food)?
They are not franchises, they rent the resraunts off Alton Towers and pay a percentage of their income to AT. All staff are recruited by BK and not AT AFAIK.

Bolton Warrior
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:21 pm

"PETER MOWBRAY" wrote:
Simple solution take your own sarnies to the park.. :D

I have given up with BKs poor service with moist buns..

or another suggestion.

Go to the superb explorers Pizza and Pasta near RMT, you won't be disapointed.

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 pm

I lost out on £4 aswel :evil:
......The one and only... :sus:

AstroDan

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:36 pm

I lost out on £7 once at BK Alton Towers too when they didn't replace my "wrong" order.

Shocking, really.

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 pm

At least she spoke english eh ash. :roll:
......The one and only... :sus:

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:32 pm

"Rita 2005""][quote=""PeteB" wrote:

They are not franchises, they rent the resraunts off Alton Towers and pay a percentage of their income to AT. All staff are recruited by BK and not AT AFAIK.[/quote]

Yeah thats basically how a franchise works. :roll:

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:02 pm

"PeteB""][quote=""Rita 2005""][quote=""PeteB" wrote:

They are not franchises, they rent the resraunts off Alton Towers and pay a percentage of their income to AT. All staff are recruited by BK and not AT AFAIK.[/quote]

Yeah thats basically how a franchise works. :roll:[/quote]

No, a franchise would mean alton would run and staff the restaurant and just pay BK for the brand etc. The BK outlets in the park are run and staffed by burger king and they pay alton towers for use of the space.

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:40 am

"jon18uk""][quote=""PeteB""][quote=""Rita 2005""][quote=""PeteB" wrote:

Yeah thats basically how a franchise works. :roll:[/quote]

No, a franchise would mean alton would run and staff the restaurant and just pay BK for the brand etc. The BK outlets in the park are run and staffed by burger king and they pay alton towers for use of the space.[/quote]

I'm sure that's what they do. BK, MD, Pizza Hut or KFC don't run any restaurants themselves anywhere so I can't imagine them doing it at Alton Towers, especially with it being so seasonal.

Towers probably stand to make more money by opening these rather than renting space to them instead.

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:15 pm

I guess the particular franchise that owns the BK outlets at Alton are here to stay, that is unless Alton terminate the contract or BK themselves terminate the franchisees licence due to poor service.

Franchises work by somebody buying the rights to trade as part of a larger conglomerate, in this case Burger King. Due to the fact BK provide the Alton Outlets with all their ingredients, promotional materials such as advertising and other peripherals, BK would expect their own franchises to bring in a certain amount of turnover.

Unfortunately, as BK is located in a popular location, the AT outlets are likely to gain high turnover and therefore look good from a business perspective as all BK are intially interested in are profits. Unless the Burker King corporation themselves are given enough feedback that the Alton franchises are giving an extremely poor service, it is unlikely we will see anything change. As long as BK are making profits and people aren't doing sufficent complaining about the service, i'm afraid the Alton franchises will continue to hold their licence :(

That's businesses for you, as long as the franchise makes profit the service and customer satisfaction mean nothing :roll:

Jnewcombe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:03 pm

I got screwed over too , ordered and paid for a tripple wopper and got a single one , i complained and they said you only paid for a single , i didnt get a reciept so no way of proving i was right! , I might as well throw my money down the drain!

Bring back Macadee's at least they get it remotly right

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!