UK theme parks from another point of view!

Gemzie121
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

URGENT! Help needed ASAP, RE:Disabled at AT

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi, Im going to AT tomorrow but have a big problem. Ive purchased disabled tickets as im disabled but my mums got my blue badge so i have no proof.
Will AT accept a DLA letter with my passport if I get my parents to scan & send it to me & i then print it out?

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member

Re: URGENT! Help needed ASAP, RE:Disabled at AT

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:37 pm

"Gemzie121" wrote:
Hi, Im going to AT tomorrow but have a big problem. Ive purchased disabled tickets as im disabled but my mums got my blue badge so i have no proof.
Will AT accept a DLA letter with my passport if I get my parents to scan & send it to me & i then print it out?

Yes they will Gemzie as this is sufficiant proof but take the original document not a photocopy..
When you get to guest relations you will fillout a white form and you put the names of any carers that might visit Alton Towers with you in the future.
You will then be on the computer and you should not need to provide any further documentation in the future..
Enjoy your day
Peter
Last edited by PETER MOWBRAY on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]

Anonymous

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Probably best to call them first thing in the morning.

Gemzie121
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:55 pm

"PETER MOWBRAY""][quote=""Gemzie121" wrote:

Yes they will Gemzie as this is sufficiant proof but take the original document not a photocopy..
When you get to guest relations you will fillout a white form and you put the names of any carers that might visit Alton Towers with you in the future.
You will then be on the computer and you should not need to provide any further documentation in the future..
Enjoy your day
Peter[/quote]

I went in October last year and filled out the form & took my blue badge, would i still be on the system?

Im armed with: passport, scans of my hospital letters, national insurance card, scans of DWP and Scans of both sides of my blue badge. I've also got DART letters (disabled services at uni)

I hope thats enough! cos mum said if they dont just show them your surgery scars & bad ankle lol! and i have spina bifida so an obvious back deformity if i pulled my top up... hope it doesnt come to that though! wouldnt be a pretty sight!

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:11 am

"Gemzie121""][quote=""PETER MOWBRAY""][quote=""Gemzie121" wrote:

Enjoy your day
Peter[/quote]

I went in October last year and filled out the form & took my blue badge, would i still be on the system?

Im armed with: passport, scans of my hospital letters, national insurance card, scans of DWP and Scans of both sides of my blue badge. I've also got DART letters (disabled services at uni)

I hope thats enough! cos mum said if they dont just show them your surgery scars & bad ankle lol! and i have spina bifida so an obvious back deformity if i pulled my top up... hope it doesnt come to that though! wouldnt be a pretty sight![/quote]

It will be still on the system I am sure..
When we visited for the first time in February our information was still live but we still filled out a new form for the 2009 season.
Dont worry I am sure it will be ok just tell them what you have said on here.
If you get no joy ask for a manager but I am sure that you wont need to pull your top up.
Goodluck
Peter x
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]

Voni86
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 am

If you've got stuff like hospital letters you should be fine, especially if you've been before!

alwarun
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Just ring them up, they will give you the correct answer rather than us presuming what they will say.

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:28 pm

"alwarun" wrote:
Just ring them up, they will give you the correct answer rather than us presuming what they will say.

Who is presuming..?
We use this system and we are fully aware of how it works
Peter

Justtracy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Once you are on the system all you need is photo proof that you are that person. They only ever ask us for the name of the disabled guest and if they are registered. Passport will be more than fine. Peter is right, the people who use it all the time are the people who know!
Have a great time
Tracy x
:D