UK theme parks from another point of view!

Blaze

Re: Ug Land / Rita 2010

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 pm

You do realise how unsafe that would be?
Facing up at an angle, having to climb over a bucket seat, and at the same time ducking under the restraint (a floorlass car would need restraints connected to the car, which means OTSRs) and climbing around the sides of the seat back that support you. Does not sounds accident proof to me, especially for disabled riders. To have floorless cars, there would need to be a catwalk on either side and dreaded Intamin OHRs.

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm

I can only see there being two park T.V. adverts next year: a general one and a Thirteen specific one. If there is another for Sonic, it will be staggered to later in the year, or else incorporated as park of the general resort ad - though they have different demographics, they can still heavily cloud each other. They will want each to do what it's supposed to.
Formerly "Dagoo"

theflamingbrick
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:09 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
You do realise how unsafe that would be?
Facing up at an angle, having to climb over a bucket seat, and at the same time ducking under the restraint (a floorlass car would need restraints connected to the car, which means OTSRs) and climbing around the sides of the seat back that support you. Does not sounds accident proof to me, especially for disabled riders. To have floorless cars, there would need to be a catwalk on either side and dreaded Intamin OHRs.

Ok if you look at it this way. You were saying they would only evacuate one side of the train. Honestly what is the point in that! I am aware of the dangers of climbing over a seat I was merely pointing it out as an option if things were desperate (i.e. harnesses etc) I think you'll find the catwalk is primarily to access the motors and track on that lift hill. Also you point out disabled riders. Well if you look at it like this; if they are able to walk down the catwalk then they will be more than capable of climbing over a seat.

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:57 pm

"theflamingbrick" wrote:
I think you'll find the catwalk is primarily to access the motors and track on that lift hill.

You'll have a hard job accessing the motors, which are below the track, from that catwalk, which is at track hight. I'm fairly sure it's primary purpose is that of evacuation...

ihavenoknees
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:34 am

These are magical people now a days, they just need to get close enough for better aim with their wands.
see above[/i]

bradpeet
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:46 pm

"theflamingbrick" wrote:
Also you point out disabled riders. Well if you look at it like this; if they are able to walk down the catwalk then they will be more than capable of climbing over a seat.

Are you really considering what a floorless car is? In most cases you cannot touch anything solid with your feet once the loading floor in the station has moved away. It would be difficult for most able-bodied people to move from one seat to the adjacent one (without anything to put their feet on).

fredward

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:03 pm

back on the topic of adverts, i'm imagining a nemesis kind of thing, when nemesis was realesed didn't they have a publicity photo about nemesis and toyland tours, it wasn't quite an advert more of a promo video, add sonic spinball in the end not to overshadow the main ride, also are you sure it will be sonic spinball? after looking at here on the febaury half term advertisement piece i can just about see the spinball logo, i don't see anything sonic...

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 pm

That image with Spinball coming out of the school bag was used last year for the half term event too.

SonictheHedgehog did say in the Spinball thread that the deal with Sega was only finalised very recently, so the brochure was probably made before the deal ahd even happened!

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Can we keep to the topic of Ugland & Rita 2010 please peeps. :D

On the subject of which, I really do hope a couple of photos showing some work being done in Ugland, other than on Thirteen, are released sometime soon, even if it is from any early stages of a retheme.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

theflamingbrick
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:43 pm

"bradpeet""][quote=""theflamingbrick" wrote:
Also you point out disabled riders. Well if you look at it like this; if they are able to walk down the catwalk then they will be more than capable of climbing over a seat.

Are you really considering what a floorless car is? In most cases you cannot touch anything solid with your feet once the loading floor in the station has moved away. It would be difficult for most able-bodied people to move from one seat to the adjacent one (without anything to put their feet on).[/quote]

I know I shouldn't be changing the subject again but i've failed to see the point of this post. Who said anywhere that Thirteen was a floorless coaster? If your trying to use it as a reference for evacuation on any rollercoaster then you've failed to see the point in my post in the first place as this was solely based at thirteen and no other coasters.

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Not one to be a bore, but again, can we stick to Ugland/Rita 2010 discussion please. Any Thirteen coaster discussion continue Here please. :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

starbugger1303
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Ug Land 2010

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:06 pm

"jammat" wrote:
No idea if its official, but here's a link to a youtube video someone put up.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPYIdZmB78" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPYIdZmB78[/url]

I haven't really studied it, so I could be wrong.

i put that up!

Blaze

Re: SW6 / Thirteen - Ride & Construction discussion.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Great spot!
Conclusive proof that Ug Land is no more and Dark Forest will be a 'proper' area, not a disgusting mash of three themes...unless the new sign says Ug Land Featuring Thunder Rock Rally Featuring Dark Forest? EEWW!

And I know I can't be sure of the speed, but it's a best guess looking at what has been built and what will (90% likely to) happen in the building.

sw6 cant wait
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:48 pm

have you noticed that the sign for ug land has disappeared. I think this confirms That ug land will be having a total Retheme (Very last image of Page 2) [url=http://www.altontowersheritage.com/heritage/images.asp?catid=5&topicid=5&offset=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowersheritage.com/heri ... 5&offset=9[/url]

Moley

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Isn't there usually a CCL sign on that too, or are the 2 attatched so both have had to be removed?

AstroDan

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Good spot! Although I think we can all safely assume there is an area retheme regardless.

:)

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:35 pm

bit of Topic But have you noticed that the sign for ug land has disappeared. I think this confirms That ug land will be having a total Retheme

Not necessarily. It was removed when Rita was built as far as I can remember to allow access for tall vehicles.

Darren
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:42 pm

"Kaz" wrote:
bit of Topic But have you noticed that the sign for ug land has disappeared. I think this confirms That ug land will be having a total Retheme

Not necessarily. It was removed when Rita was built as far as I can remember to allow access for tall vehicles.

They aren't referring to the main Ug Land sign, they are referring to the direction sign which points do all the different areas of the park. The Ug Land one has now been removed as shown by the photo. :wink:

[Archive]

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:57 pm

The Ug Land sign has indeed gone, but so has CLoud Cuckoo Land...

It is one of those 'Hmm' moments... :-k

Jordan Owens
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Is Rita getting a loop? I just remember seeing it on some plans a with thirteen a while back?
*+Jordan+*