UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ythyslz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW6 Construction

Mon May 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Aw ok then, atleast i've actually found something interesting!

You heard it first ;)

3T
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Went to the park today. Not much happening with SW6 apart from a fence which has appeared around the trees in the centre for some reason: Photo

EDIT: My mistake, looks like that fence has been there for ages..

There was also a car parked on site for a bit.

furie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 12, 2009 10:31 am

Those trees are actually in the plans. The backwards section "loops" around them :)

I think it's those trees anyway - it's certainly two trees in roughly that position :)
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here

Dormiens-Dave

Tue May 12, 2009 8:20 pm

He was in semi-retirement when tussauds took over. now merlin are here, hes come back.

So hes been in semi retirement since 1990

He maybe semi retired when DIC took over

god i'm picky

JakFrontier
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 12, 2009 8:38 pm

no i mean the one after tussauds

adsyrah
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 13, 2009 11:47 pm

I went to AT today.

There's very little going on still. A big pile of concrete/wood in the middle of the site. The blue container now has no writing on the side and there was a Renault car parked next to it.

All very quiet.

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 am

I can certainly see some groundwork starting in the next few weeks.

Maybe the builders seen last week where just getting an idea about the site before bringing the equiptment in?

Thanks for the update adsyrah.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 14, 2009 4:22 am

Happened to follow a Kavanagh Construction van on the A500 today. (truth)

Definitely said "We are makes B&Mz kthnx" (not truth)

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 14, 2009 5:40 pm

I noticed B&M track on site today :lol:

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 14, 2009 5:45 pm

^Too bad Leroy2009jones can't prove himself correct considering he is now banned. :wink:

AstroDan

Thu May 14, 2009 5:46 pm

OK Guys, can we try and avoid the silly digs as they're just continuing to make a mockery of the thread which banning a couple of members attempted to solve.

On Topic Please - and no quips/untruths posted for the sake of it, thanks.

:)

kingda dude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 15, 2009 4:32 pm

I would be looking for, at the moment, the foundations of the station. Because that should be the first thing that happens on the site. BTW when I go in June/July hopefully the work should have started and with luck I might bring a camera.

I Wish the construction would take about as long as it took to assemble as 'saw the ride' (at that rate it would be open for the summer).

I also want to point out that I HATE people saying that it will be a B&M when it has almost certainly been proven IT IS NOT! :x
with all due respects it will most likely be a intamin or some other company who produce tracks that resemble intamins.

as for construction it will be possibly one or two more weeks before we see some bigger developments on site.

Edit: All I have to say is that anyone who still believe it will be a B&M (although I would have given anything for it to be one) IT WILL NOT BE! If you still belive then you are like the people who believe that the jewish Holocaust in WW2 didn't happen!
(Forgive me for bringing up such a harsh subject into these Forums)
All the evidence has been sifted through and The small amount of information we have got already show that conclusively it is not going to be a B&M and many other people will back me when I say this GIVE UP!

P.S. please don't boo me, it pains me enough to say it won't be a B&M. :no:
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"

D-Man
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 15, 2009 8:06 pm

I hope it isnt a B&M, although I love B&M coasters I would like to see a different type of coaster in Alton towers. Its better to have a large range of coasters in a park in my book.
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 15, 2009 8:54 pm

when will we see the next san brooke update?

James
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 15, 2009 9:02 pm

He's doing the next one Sunday I believe.

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 15, 2009 9:19 pm

thats cool. im no coaster tech myself but from what i get i would prefer b&m to be used they seem to have reliable coasters dont they? correct me if i am wrong........

kingda dude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 15, 2009 9:33 pm

B&M are just as reliable as any other, it is just that B&M go for more classic style rides (lift, drop, loop) which tends to be non complex and only has a limited things can go wrong

If you saw an intamin lift, drop, loop it would possibly be about as reliable if not more reliable than a B&M. But intamin make things like launches, cable lifts, LIM's etc that have more things that can go wrong. The result is that B&M's up times look amazing until you look at the more complex B&M's like Air, it has possibly had more down time than rita. And that is the problem with roller coasters the more complex you make them the more likely they are to break down.

What I am trying to say is that B&M don't really do new designs because their name isn't really in doing 'First evers' but god ol'fashioned rides.
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"

ReZourceman
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 15, 2009 9:49 pm

"kingda dude" wrote:
B&M are just as reliable as any other, it is just that B&M go for more classic style rides (lift, drop, loop) which tends to be non complex and only has a limited things can go wrong

If you saw an intamin lift, drop, loop it would possibly be about as reliable if not more reliable than a B&M.

What are you basing these statements on? :shock:

Craig

Fri May 15, 2009 10:59 pm

"kingda dude" wrote:
I would be looking for, at the moment, the foundations of the station. Because that should be the first thing that happens on the site. BTW when I go in June/July hopefully the work should have started and with luck I might bring a camera.

I Wish the construction would take about as long as it took to assemble as 'saw the ride' (at that rate it would be open for the summer).

I also want to point out that I HATE people saying that it will be a B&M when it has almost certainly been proven IT IS NOT! :x
with all due respects it will most likely be a intamin or some other company who produce tracks that resemble intamins.

as for construction it will be possibly one or two more weeks before we see some bigger developments on site.

Edit: All I have to say is that anyone who still believe it will be a B&M (although I would have given anything for it to be one) IT WILL NOT BE! If you still belive then you are like the people who believe that the jewish Holocaust in WW2 didn't happen!
(Forgive me for bringing up such a harsh subject into these Forums)
All the evidence has been sifted through and The small amount of information we have got already show that conclusively it is not going to be a B&M and many other people will back me when I say this GIVE UP!

P.S. please don't boo me, it pains me enough to say it won't be a B&M. :no:

Points have been made as to it not being a B+M, and also vice versa. People are entitled to their own opinion providing it is presented constructively, even if it may differ to your own. That's why we have this here discussion forum :D.

I see no reason to make comparisons to one of the greatest atrocities of the 20th century either. It's a coaster, lets keep things in perspective!

El Patricko
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Im sorry to rain on various parades but there is absolutely no question of this project being a B&M, and i'm not even going to cover my rear by saying that old "eat hat" phrase.

I'd imagine the erection will commence around september or so, due to the difficult nature of construction. (with the woods and all), and to add, if they are pursuing the usual method of construction the excavation will need to be placed carefully to allow access to the lifting gear, unless they plan a different method of access to the SW6 site.
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"