UK theme parks from another point of view!

chr1s
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW6 Construction

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:17 pm

"Vik" wrote:
Obviously all contributions to the thread are important. Any hint that I may of suggested otherwise was not meant in that manner. Just incase anyone mentions as such :P .

I agree any contributions are important I just do wish people would be 100% certain of their facts before they post, the whole point of setting up a sub-forum was to avoid speculation building up. And thats the last I will say on it as now I am also contributing to this topic going off topic! :oops:
Pepsi is better than Coke!! \":P\"

kingda dude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:41 pm

I would start looking out for strange Items on the back of lorries, on the Alton towers heritage site:
[url=http://www.altontowersheritage.com/article.asp?articleid=106" target="_blank]http://www.altontowersheritage.com/arti ... icleid=106[/url]
It says that now that they have the permission they are starting construction immediately.
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:57 pm

"kingda dude" wrote:
I would start looking out for strange Items on the back of lorries, on the Alton towers heritage site:
[url=http://www.altontowersheritage.com/article.asp?articleid=106" target="_blank]http://www.altontowersheritage.com/arti ... icleid=106[/url]
It says that now that they have the permission they are starting construction immediately.

imminently

EdwinOkli
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:56 pm

...except that was posted ages ago.

El Patricko
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Finally someone with a bit of sense in this thread! Thank you! I really don't get how quickly this topic moves considering there isn't much happening to talk about yet! Heaven forbid I can'timagine what it will be like when construction actually does start!

Posts like this contribute nothing to the thread, and are the reason the topic moves so quickly.

It's a good job my original post was moved as i can imagine it would be very frustrating to have a topic for it.

Anyhoo should be able to get some pictures by tomorrow, hopefully some equipment has arrived. The real interesting part of the construction is the erection of the "wooded" part of the ride due to the close proximity of trees.
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:36 pm

when is the next s.b. production update coming? i find them great as a catchup rather
than reading page after page on here lol

Dormiens-Dave

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:26 am

Unfortunately supports are not a definitive sighting, even square black supports on the M6 may not be for AT, even rollercoaster supports are not that unique from other constructions materials.

Really only track would be suggestive

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:16 am

What people seem to be forgetting maybe the contractor for the site may employ a huge work force during the closed season to sort out the themeing etc....

On major projects etc alton has always tried to be very secretive and due to the influence
of the internet im expecting them just to have the station shell up by the end the season and
the rest/magic done while its closed. they have a good 4/5 months of closed time. working 9-5 mon to fri a lot can be done in this time so id expect to be dissapointed.

Anonymous

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:08 am

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine they'd rather get most of the work done in the summer months. Wouldn't leaving it 'til closed season be a bit risky? If we have a bad winter it could cause serious delays. No matter how big the work force, if the site is to wet or even frozen they wouldn't be able to work.

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:14 am

The typical British winter hasn't really delayed any projects previously, but you are right it would make sense to get as much done as possible in the dryer months.

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:17 pm

I think they will get most if not all of the concrete work done before winter as this needs to be allowed to cure before the frost sets in or disaster! So we should see the station exterior complete before October/November if concrete is being used.

FallenAbyss
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Right a few updates from me ....

And god said "Let there be Offices" .... and there was !

Wow it's like Expedition Everest For Ants

And then god said "Let there be SW6 Markers" .... and there was :D

Alright so it's not a huge hole ... but at least theres some progress

Safety first !

Lots of digging going on ...

More fencing

Not much going on up by BK tho ...

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/sets/72157626111847872/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/s ... 111847872/[/url]

JakFrontier
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Looks like moles have been up to alot

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:30 pm

And so it begins!

I'm pleased to see construction finally starting, it kinda makes the project feel real now. Exciting times ahead! :mrgreen:

Anonymous

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:51 pm

"FallenAbyss" wrote:

Didn't Oblivions hole start out like that? lol! :lol:

SAM93

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:21 pm

"Billy Brutal""][quote=""FallenAbyss" wrote:

Didn't Oblivions hole start out like that? lol! :lol:[/quote]

I'm prety sure every hole ever dug began a little like that lol!

No, but I am glad to see construction getting underway... But damn them from starting it now, I go on holiday next week till friday 3rd of July lol! Hopefully I won't miss to much, even if I do I shall be able to check it once I get back.

I also think all that fencing is a sign that the construction sight is about to be blocked from view at ground level too! Thank God for Sky Ride!

kingda dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 am

Luckily when I go to AT next month there will be some more work underway.
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"

Killer Chinchilla
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:19 pm

i'll see how their doing on saturday cos i'm going then with my school 8) i'll try take some pics if i can and bout the skyride, will they stop the skyride from going over that area till construction's finished or is that over-reacting as it wud be unused for almost a year! lol!
#-o

Alton Buzz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:45 pm

"Killer Chinchilla" wrote:
will they stop the skyride from going over that area

Don't think so, you could see the air construction site (sw5) from the monorail!
Where the magic never ends.

rightbackgranty
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:50 pm

I wonder if the construction will cause the closure of the skyride at any point - obviously not of choice, but being forced to due to moving track etc onto the site. I remember that the monorail was closed for airs construction at some points.

Doubt there will be any problems though, unless the nature of the "worlds first" is such that it is moved into place in one piece.