UK theme parks from another point of view!

Big Dave

Re: SW6 Construction

Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 pm

^^^ I do believe those pictures show concrete splats on/in those holes :)

FallenAbyss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:23 pm

"Big Dave" wrote:
^^^ I do believe those pictures show concrete splats on/in those holes :)

Indeed they do ... theres quite a bit of concrete being infilled now by the looks of things ... lets hope the footers can be completed while we have some good weather so that some vertical construction can start happening :)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/sets/72157626111847872/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/s ... 111847872/[/url]

mgb16
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks a lot FallenAbyss, i great to see some pics, its been ages since we have had some fresh material and its also great to see that everything seems to be coming along swiftly and quickly. We now have some perception of the size of things, many have been saying that its going to be a small coaster and judging by the look of things its going to be a mighty beast it also looks like the exit from that station will have some sort of landscaping :D
The Smiler is going to be deeper than the Titanic!

Dormiens-Dave

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:20 am

Quite a few holes had had concrete bases put in when we went on the mini meet on sunday. Really think its only going to be a short while before we get to see some steel :D

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:11 pm

As work seems to be progressing at a rapid pace, the SW6 mini site gallery has been updated. Click to view

Thanks to Colin, (FallenAbyss) for the photographs.

Expect to see some intersting developments during the next couple of months. :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Excellent pics there. Do you think we'll be seeing track arriving on site sometime soon?

I'm especially interested to see what colour it will be painted, it should give us a few vital clues as to what will be happening with Ug Land and that heap of junk, ahem sorry, I mean Rita with regards to retheming. I sincerely hope the whole area will be impressively themed, no more mix n match bodge jobs.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:27 pm

surely its black? or brown?

Big Dave

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:49 pm

I assume we will see dark green. It seems to be a common thing for them to do if it is likely to been seen outside the park or go fairly high. It will blend in with the trees better.

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:43 pm

I think it was brown on the plans?

riderita
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:45 pm

I say dark green and brown as if the roller coaster is the very organic fabric of the forest...

The main question I believe is what are the trains going to look like?!?!

Anyone think of a particular theme for the train? I see it looking a bit like a mine cart... wooden and slightly battered, almost as if they were the cart system used for shifting the rubble from arheological site. I also see a mining style headlamp at the front too...

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:56 pm

More SW6 Pics from 17 8 09 can be seen here :D
[url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=474184#p474184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?f=4&p=474184#p474184[/url]
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 am

I got a few pictures of the site on my phone yesterday, not too much has changed in the last week, they seemed to be concentrating on the footers right now.

On this one, you can see the trench for where the backwards helix is going to go, behind the digger. It's a very big trench, and they were putting footers into it yesterday.

To get the best views of the site, you need to go on Rita, it's just a shame you can't take your camera on with you!

EdwinOkli
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Sorry for not paying attention but does anyone know if supports have arrived on site yet?

Big Dave

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Highly doubt it. All the footings need to be installed and then normally the first thing to get done is the station and brake areas. The main supports wont arrive until towards the end of the season.

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks for the photo update Rob. It would be so cool to get some pics from inside the trenches and around the site. Methinks it wont happen though. :((

AstroDan

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:21 pm

There is little chance of a Stealth / Saw style "blog" website in my opinion which would be best placed to offer insider construction pictures. This is because the ride is being kept highly secret. I highly doubt anyone outside of the manufacturer/Merlin Studios/Alton Towers/Merlin senior figures - even those in the industry - know what they are doing.

:)

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Yeah...and the very nature of Saw was that its brand was its most important selling point and not something that should be kept under wraps but advertised as much as possible to generate hype. With SW6 it'll be the lack of knowledge that is building up hype.
Formerly "Dagoo"

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Never been in this topic before but saw this whilst on the West Wing Roof of The Towers today. SW6 scenery? Looks scarily like the window in the promotional image for the "New 2010 rollercoaster" poster...

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Thats defo for SW6.

Good spot!

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 pm

Thats definitely in the Merlin Studios area, as pointed out by Big Dave the other day.

Surely that has got to be SW6 related?!
The only other things it could is another Merlin project in a Sea Life centre or a Dungeon, can't be anything for the Theme Parks.

Looking at the plans it looks like the window/arch behind the hooded statue.
However, it isn't an exact copy of the window/arch shown in the plans, but that could be due to a small redesign.