UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

The Family VIP Service

Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:46 am

Family of Four - £265
Family of Five - £309
Family of Six - £345

Packages Include:

ERT and VIP Parking.
Private meet and greet with farmyard animals.
Unlimited soft drinks and a goodie bag.
Meal at Pizza and Pasta on your own private table.
Fasttrack tickets. (Front row of RMT. Own boat on The Flume, River Rapids and Charlie)
Front row seats and private meet and greet at Cloud Cuckoo Land Theatre.
4 on-ride photos.

[url=http://www.altontowers.com/events/vip-experiences/" target="_blank]http://www.altontowers.com/events/vip-experiences/[/url]

In my opinion, vastly over-priced but seems to be geared to people with younger children.
If you add each thing up separately it looks like you make a decent saving though!

chr1s
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Family VIP Service

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:14 pm

"Disco Ball" wrote:
In my opinion, vastly over-priced but seems to be geared to people with younger children.
If you add each thing up separately it looks like you make a decent saving though!

So let me get this right, its vastly over priced but yet you make a decent saving? :?
Pepsi is better than Coke!! \":P\"

ThrillJunkie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Seems over priced to me. That doesn't even include a nights stay in one of the hotels or entry to splash landings.
ThrillJunkieUK

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Looks like a great package and well worth the price if you fancy a treat.

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:52 pm

"chr1s""][quote=""Disco Ball" wrote:

So let me get this right, its vastly over priced but yet you make a decent saving? :?[/quote]

Well I think its vastly over-priced, because I wouldn't ever use that stuff in the package.
But, if you are going to buy those fasttacks and use pizza and pasta its good value.

chr1s
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:00 pm

But It is aimed at families with young children who would be interested in all of that, so it really does seem like a good saving and a good idea.
Pepsi is better than Coke!! \":P\"

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:51 pm

It all seems a bit disney, and generally I don't like the idea. Very expensive and not really worth it.

However, I think they may well get a few people snagged by this offer. And when I say people, I really mean aristocrats. If the money is there to spent, I wouldn't be surprised if they take the absurd choice and spend it.
Formerly "Dagoo"

Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:20 pm

I like the idea! However I feel it should be slightly more expensive, just to make the product seem more exclusive.
I'd hate for people to use it willy-nilly when visiting the park - special occassions, and maybe even giveaways, like Disneyl do!

I think it definately adds a magical element for guests who purchase this package.

I've always thought about perhaps using one of them Houses in the Gardens, and doing it up as though one of the Alton Towers' characters, such as Snorlix, lives there - would be a great place to meet and greet characters! :)

Rory
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Its an absolute disgrace! Particularly the way things have been jazzed up "a private boat on The Flume, Congo River Rapids and Charlie & The Chocolate Factory!" - and general guests don't get this anyway!?

Its another ploy by Alton Towers to become 'family centred' buts its a rip off - I was reading think there was was going to be a special meal - but explorers pizza? and again emphasis on UNLIMITED - but thats standard anyway!

Rory

looney
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 pm

We are a family of 6 and there is no way we could afford that price. I wonder if it will still be around next year?