UK theme parks from another point of view!

Lotte
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW6 Ride discussion Part 2

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:10 pm

"Disco Ball" wrote:
Nobody knows the details of the Universal Studios rights with the Robocoaster, its just as realistic that they do have 100% exclusivity, its all just rumors.

Err i do as i have been in direct contact with Kuka and was told exactly that. :mrgreen:

pfleety
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW6 Construction Part Two

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Hey Guys!

Been following this topic for a while and a few hours ago it came to me whats going to happen, now this is only an opnion but remeber this photo when the track came through the roof on a very steep descent 'undergroud' ?

Underground or deep trench?

Here is a photo i did of what i think will happen, the track will go through the wall of the deep hole as if coming through the roof and after the wall it will carry on round the first corner to the lift hill !

gimmme feedback guys :)

Pete
Last edited by pfleety on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdwinOkli
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 pm

"pfleety" wrote:
remember this photo when the track came through the roof on a very steep descent 'undergroud' ?

no. where did that photo come from?

andy_sj
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Its one of the photos that was floating about in with the Dark Forest theme ideas. It certainly looks possible to me, but if there is a so called world first element the tilt tracks not gonna do it, was thinking maybe tilt track to backwards drop, but thats not really world first is it?

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:40 pm

"PeteB""][quote=""riderita" wrote:
There is a tunnel. You have to be very poor sighted indeed not to see it. The supports for the tunnel can be see above ground level just before the start of the helix trench.

I dont believe any of this tunnel nonsense. The hole is a hole. The helix trench starts off deep probably because the track will drop into it at a sudden angle.[/quote]

I am 100% convinced that this hole is for a simulator platform. The maintenance stairs, the size and the depth are certainly convincing. I am a pilot and use Airline simulators a lot, and these things are a good storey high. Plus, the electronic components that have been spotted in the car park look very similar to the ones we have in work next to the simulators. By submerging the equipment like this, it allows the train to be dropped to ground level with all of the mechanics beneath the track.

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:45 pm

So I am now 100% convinced the hole is to house a simulator platform and equipment. I believe that the train will enter at the top of the buliding and come to a stop on the simulator platform. I think there will be projectors creating an abandoned keep type look. The simulation will then create a fall effect into the crypt/dungeon/keep. There will be a grapple with the night watchman and the rollercoaster thrown around for about 20-30 seconds, maybe even with some sort of chase sequence through the catacoumbs!.
The simulation will end creating the illusion of falling backwards and the ride exits with a drop backwards from ground level into the trench in the dark, then emerges into the day light portion of the trench, almost as if an exit was found from underground.

coasterdude_1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:56 pm

How about this:

Inspired by the pic. The train enters top level- heading down a drop into the hole... brakes INTO the drop, then see saws so that you're slightly tiled backward, then drops into the trench. This is the only way I can make a see saw work- also it would make sense to but the rocker on the three large footers...

Thoughts?

Dylan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:09 pm

I was thinking of this exact same thing too, earlier today looking at the concept art and current construction. I think there would still need to be some kind of launch from here though, to get the train round the helix to the switchback,

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:12 pm

"coasterdude_1" wrote:
How about this:

Inspired by the pic. The train enters top level- heading down a drop into the hole... brakes INTO the drop, then see saws so that you're slightly tiled backward, then drops into the trench. This is the only way I can make a see saw work- also it would make sense to but the rocker on the three large footers...

Thoughts?

Possibly. I was thinking along those lines however, instead of going in and then dropping down. You go in, the track slightly tilts forwards a bit and the rockily drops vertically, levels out and then you go out the back.

The back looks underground which might explain the depth of the trench making it seems as if you are underground when your actually not ;)

D-Man
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 pm

^ Thats something I was thinking about and it seems to be a brilliant idea. Hope they do something like that. It would remind me of sea odyssey at Port Aventura which was such a brilliant ride and a good experience.
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!

bradpeet
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 pm

"chrisdibben" wrote:
One other observation, there is a lot of track with the fittings that are assumed to be for kicker wheels, there seems to be too much for just the lift hill and it's not just on flat straight track. That makes me think that the kickers will be significant.

Maybe we aren't looking at a backwards launch at all then. If the track tilts enough for the train to run backwards into the helix under gravity alone, then kicker wheels will be used to propel the train through the reverse section.

andy_sj
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 am

These topics are getting so confusing with the construction topic and the discussion topic! Its so hard to follow as some posts relating to construction ideas are in here and others are in the construction topic! Posts keep moving all over the place!

I think the hole is more than likely to be for some kind of mechanics, I have a feeling the track may tilt and move about on a simulator bed and then return to its normal position to allow the train to carry on, hence why theres the big hole with no exit? I would post one of the construction pics which shows it pretty good but thats in the other topic now! :x

moog666
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 am

Ok so picture this. Your moving along. as you enter the building it appears that there is a bloody big gap in the track! the track then continues ahead of the gap. on the last peice of track before the gap the train locks into place. the track section then moves forward to rejoin the track on the other side and releases. by having the moving section exactly the same length of the train riders will be under the impression that the train has just successfully made a jump. don't know if this is possible as it would have to be done at some speed.

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.

coasterdude_1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:27 am

1. nobody would see it but the front row= totally pointless given the amount of mechanics requires

2. as i've said a million times before, the station building is not big enough for this sort of track layout...

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 pm

"coasterdude_1" wrote:
1. nobody would see it but the front row= totally pointless given the amount of mechanics requires

2. as i've said a million times before, the station building is not big enough for this sort of track layout...

sorry, but how on earth do you know how big the station is going be?

:?

Really people, is it worth arguing over, it's a worlds first, why don't you put your willys back in your pants and wait for some more pictures from ATA (as they seem to get all these press photos and tt dont?) then, when you have a better idea, start making assumptions :D
......The one and only... :sus:

riderita
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Oooooooh! *waves handbag*

People like to speculate.. no harm in that is there? If you don't want to take part then dont.

Anways, im still in afvour of a tower of terror style drop.

Im also thinking that a backwards "launch" is not possible. Backwards acceleration? Yes. This would obey H&S if done properly.

coasterdude_1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:07 pm

"Shent""][quote=""coasterdude_1" wrote:

Really people, is it worth arguing over, it's a worlds first, why don't you put your willys back in your pants and wait for some more pictures from ATA (as they seem to get all these press photos and tt dont?) then, when you have a better idea, start making assumptions :D[/quote]

We know EXACTLY how big the station is because Alton submitted the blueprints to planning...

To make things easier, observe this excerpt from the plans:

(sorry about quality)

RED is station track
GREEN is brakes
LIGHT BLUE are marked supports obviously for storage track
ORANGE are supports obviously to hold the incoming track into 'dark section'
YELLOW is incoming track from woods
DARK BLUE circles are supports that are clearly not for the upper level of track. Also, observing the track on there shows an almost double thickness line, suggesting that there is another level of track with almost exactly the same path as that a storey above.
Add this evidence to the position of the second trench in the slab and you get exactly the BLUE line I've marked as the backwards exit path from the dark section.

This gives a two storey tower only A FEW METRES longer than the length of the train itself (assuming it loads only one train at a time- likely assumption as Intamin family coaster and long block sections) as we know the exact length of the loading platform

Thus, there you have it, a TINY space for the 'unknown' indoor track to fill, and in this space it has to reverse and drop a storey.

Also, the BLUE double support suggests that that support will be on top of the slab, so I am assuming that it will reverse from the 'mystery' segment at ground level, and not underground level...

Based on this evidence, if you believe it, this leaves us with only one unknown:

-how does the train descend a level in a space only as long as the train itself, giving: tilt, drop or simulator

So, please lets stop having ideas that would require a massive warehouse, as it doesn't exist...

EDIT: To get an idea of size, compare it with Rita maintenance shed in top right.

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:14 pm

"coasterdude_1""][quote=""Shent""][quote=""coasterdude_1" wrote:

Really people, is it worth arguing over, it's a worlds first, why don't you put your willys back in your pants and wait for some more pictures from ATA (as they seem to get all these press photos and tt dont?) then, when you have a better idea, start making assumptions :D[/quote]

We know EXACTLY how big the station is because Alton submitted the blueprints to planning...

To make things easier, observe this excerpt from the plans:

(sorry about quality)

RED is station track
GREEN is brakes
LIGHT BLUE are marked supports obviously for storage track
ORANGE are supports obviously to hold the incoming track into 'dark section'
YELLOW is incoming track from woods
DARK BLUE circles are supports that are clearly not for the upper level of track. Also, observing the track on there shows an almost double thickness line, suggesting that there is another level of track with almost exactly the same path as that a storey above.
Add this evidence to the position of the second trench in the slab and you get exactly the BLUE line I've marked as the backwards exit path from the dark section.

This gives a two storey tower only A FEW METRES longer than the length of the train itself (assuming it loads only one train at a time- likely assumption as Intamin family coaster and long block sections) as we know the exact length of the loading platform

Thus, there you have it, a TINY space for the 'unknown' indoor track to fill, and in this space it has to reverse and drop a storey.

Also, the BLUE double support suggests that that support will be on top of the slab, so I am assuming that it will reverse from the 'mystery' segment at ground level, and not underground level...

Based on this evidence, if you believe it, this leaves us with only one unknown:

-how does the train descend a level in a space only as long as the train itself, giving: tilt, drop or simulator

So, please lets stop having ideas that would require a massive warehouse, as it doesn't exist...

EDIT: To get an idea of size, compare it with Rita maintenance shed in top right.[/quote]

:shock:

i take my perivious statement back, sorry mr Wardley
......The one and only... :sus:

Big Dave

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Technically speaking you are both right as the brake run is not that long at all and the station is rarely directly connected to the brakes, there is normally a run off. So we dont know the actual length of the brake run or station, we just know where it will be and the total length of both the brakes and the station together.

Vik
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:50 pm

As mentioned in the construction topic, the track building has finally commenced, with the first bit of track placed today :-

Thanks to ChrisTT for the update and the photographs.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel