UK theme parks from another point of view!

jonathan leake
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Alton Towers Staff on X-Factor

Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:11 pm

Is anyone else watching. Ones a ride operator one drives a train. Im guessing she means the monorail. And they made it though to the next round. :clap:

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Staff on Xfactor.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Just saw that. I believe his name is Russell and he's from team Oblivion. It's so surreal, to see him on telly having just seen him on Oblivion and Spinball this week. Well done to them. Despite the mawkish rubbish that makes up most of the X-Factor these days, I got a little lump in the throat. Again, a very well done to them :D
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride

DiogoJ42

Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm

I can't stand this kind of show... but good luck to 'em either way!

oldgitBEN

Re: Alton Towers Staff on X-Factor

Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:57 pm

was Morwenna from marketing with them?
Did she threaten to 'ban' x-factor from the resort unless they got thru?

Jelka
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Oh yes, I saw this, best of luck to them both. :)
Don\'t just wish upon a star, reach for one...
Formerly known as \'towersmagic\'

Luke

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:29 am

Yeah I watched it. I liked them and thought they did very well - I wonder if people will notice them when working around the park.

Nice little mention for Alton Towers on an ITV1 Sat evening slot too!

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:06 am

I may get sucked into the "story" side of X factor but that's what it's all about. Regular people getting a shot at doing something they love and if I get sucked into the hole that is X factor then I'm sad I suppose. At least I'm not a heartless robot who genuinely doesn't like the idea of regular people getting what they want eh?

X-Factor is a great show and one I adore because you get to see REAL people not celebs take to the stage in either humorous or heart felt ways. I for one think it's a brilliant show. The music that comes from the show may not be world class nor does it produce mega stars but the journey and experience is what makes the show a life long classic.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:41 pm

There is much to dislike about the X Factor. The music is terrible, what's shown on the telly is misleading (as if those vast queues of folk all get to sing to a packed arena), there is no hint of anyone being encouraged to create anything for themselves, the judges are all awful (I could sit there and make the same innocuous observations for far less. I mean, Cheryl and Danni, where do you start? And Simon Cowell is, as observed by Charlie Brooker, 'a man who knows everything about selling music and absolutely nothing about what makes it touch people. Ok, Louis I quite like.) However, it is very hard to disagree with this:

"Spike" wrote:
Regular people getting a shot at doing something they love and if I get sucked into the hole that is X factor then I'm sad I suppose. At least I'm not a heartless robot who genuinely doesn't like the idea of regular people getting what they want eh?

Here's the clip for anyone who missed it. I challenge you not to well up just a little bit.
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Meg
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:02 pm

I don't recognise Katy but I've seen Russell about, working on both Oblivion and Spinball and he seems very likeable. I'm not a massive fan of the X Factor, especially in its new format but I thought they did really well.

Jelka
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:46 pm

"Gloomy Dude" wrote:

Here's the clip for anyone who missed it. I challenge you not to well up just a little bit.

After watching it a second time, I failed the challenge. :( I am very pleased for them. :)
Don\'t just wish upon a star, reach for one...
Formerly known as \'towersmagic\'

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:07 pm

No amount of anything would make me watch X Factor!

MJT
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:10 am

I absolutely cannot stand X Factor, but watching that makes me understand why people do. Fair play to the both of them trying to achieve something they both really want. I felt sorry for that chap though as they were all complementing the lass and leaving the chap out. I admit she was better than he was but he was still decent in my eyes! :)

Crofty

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:01 am

"Gloomy Dude" wrote:
It's so surreal, to see him on telly having just seen him on Oblivion and Spinball this week.

I doubt they got through then as a guy who I work with lives next to one of the people who got through to the next stages and he's away at some boot camp or something. Lloydd I think that guys name is, I don't watch it really so haven't seen him.

EDIT: I watched the video above, I didn't think they were very good TBH reminded me of Club Singers :lol:
:D :D

Amadeus
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:31 pm

I saw the guy working on Spinball this Thursday, got to hand it to him he did a good job at not paying much notice to the large amount of people whispering, talking, and pointing at him. Two of my friends were going shout X-Factor and cross their arms as we left the station but both chickened out at the last moment.

Scorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Yeahh.. i also so him on Spinball on Thursday lol... kinda did that looked, then looked again thing as slowly moving forward in the spinball car lol... then before i knew it... "yonk" where off :p

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 am

I feel sorry for them with Scarefest/half term coming up. Well, more him because I don't think she's a visible prescence around the park.

It's very true what they say. Kids can be so cruel, and probably will be. Especially idiot kids on days out at theme parks. They should thank their lucky stars they don't work at Thorpe.

SEALIFE
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Well at least they can say they had the experience of going on X Factor. Its a very BIG oppertunity aswel as being on TV.

I thought they were both good myself :) And I would like to meet them on park and have my photo took with them anyday.

Good on you for going on there! :D