UK theme parks from another point of view!

DiogoJ42

Re: Scarefest: 16-31 October 2010

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Something tells me I will be spending a lot of time in Dark Forest.. I hope I don't neglect the other secret weapons. :P

cmpunk771
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Ohh i cant wait now, Now the question is avoid spoilers untill i go or not?

Im heading up on the 27th and doing the mazes 4x in one nite i just got my tickets!

I hope they are offering TOTT fast track again!

gazag

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:51 pm

"DiogoJ42" wrote:
I'm not sure I like the sound of this...
8-[

someone has the same thoughts i do, i think we are both royaly screwed :hlol:

i alsohope they do something more with oblivion, the skellingtons last year really added

MinteButtons

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:56 pm

I'd love to go to Scarefest this year, I've never been before, but all my money has gone towards a school trip to Barcelona in half term.
I'll just have to hope it'll be as good next year :hsmile:

Have a great time, if you're going! :hhappy:

Jakob
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:02 pm

I've got to say, looking at the latest updates they really have gone a lot further with it this year than I first thought. Did say they didn't seem to add anything this year, but they have certainly appeared to have pushed themselves with what they have. Will be eating my words of pessimism next week no doubt!

Really excited now, yet looking at the effort they have put into the park, slightly nervous about how intense the mazes will be :hlol: Which is always good.

boothy64
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:20 pm

I am travelling down tomorrow. Even travelling is exciting when there is this much going on. The dark forest is looking jam packed with spokky stuff which means so much creepiness that it may be better than 2007. Also I hope tott lives up to the 2007 version this year. the past tott have been not as great as that one :hgrin: :hgrin: :hgrin:
THE CAKE IS A LIE

AstroDan

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:24 pm

TOTT 2010 will be very similar to TOTT 2009. Personally I thought that last year's TOTT was the best since Scarefest started in 2007.

:)

Nerdsticks
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 am

Travelling down there today, 6 hour journey! :hwow:
Staying until Monday. I think the first thing im gonna do at the park as get to Th13teen as quick as I can and see if it's a good ride from a child's perspective. :hsmug:
Scarefest lunatic!

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:29 am

The parks looking great, best I've seen for any event for considerable years!

Everything looks so fresh and new, even if the themeing is what has been used in the past years, however how they have used it has maximised its appearance.

This is generally the first time I've been excited about an event at Towers since the first Scarefest, granted the attention and detail isn't comparable to what we see further afield but the jump/step up compared to last year is vast. The pictures from yesterday I got (yes, I was Stu's little b*tch 'get me MORE pics' haha) show very little in the way they have added to the park, lots of fog/smoke machines are around, especially in the Dark Forest area and around Nemesis pits. The lighting on Nemesis looks immense with endless red filters on flood lights. Here's to hoping the atmosphere is incredible :hsmile:

Oh - and the hotels look lovely, rather Christmasy dare I say but on a darker level. Lovely!

stretchy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:55 am

At last they have gotten the idea that some coloured lights will make the place look excellent in the dark. Only 1 more day till I experience it :)

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 am

The lighting upgrade looks fantastic. I'm really excited for Sunday after-dark-time now. They've really put some effort into the general ambience which is so important. As Dan said they really could do with speakers at the front of the towers, even permanent playing themes and prominent more during scarefest.

I really hope we'll see the park literally transform like it deserves. :)

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:22 am

Music’s played around the front of the towers anyway within the TOTT que isn't it? And surely from hitting bottom of Towers St that normally play's Halloween music rather loud, then walking through Mutiny Bay that has its music, there’s only a relatively small path after that, that will have little music following up to the towers themselves? If there was music from every direction and path you travelled through it'd become overwhelming and mish-mashed.

If so like previous years also, because of the winds at night music seems to 'float' towards other areas, I remember last year hearing Nemesis music all the way in the gardens and over to the then Ug Land. Now that's magic! :hhappy:

If they where to enhance the sound around the front of the towers, something simple such as using Hex's audio would be rather chilling and add to the ambience.

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:26 am

No music plays in the front part of the towers on the path from main drive to X-sector. I understand what you mean regarding mish-mash. :)

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

tori_swift
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Just wondering what queue times would be like for Terror of the Towers? Im going on the first wednesday and would also love to know when TOTT is generally at it's busiest during the day?

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 pm

It pretty much got at least a 45min Q from when it opened, mainly coz most people started to pre Q outiside the Q line when it opens at 12pm. In the week it maybe slightly less at around 30 mins, but soemtimes reached 60 - 90 minutes. but this year, alot of Q times and busy/none busy days facts/records have been smashed due to the park seeming to be busier this year, even on days normally quiet. So it can be anyones guess.

gosling
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Gah! Absolutely loving the look so far. Cheers for all the pics and info guys! :hwow:

I'm another one who's glad to see some extra lighting going up, it will add that extra kick to the atmosphere I hope!

I'm there on Tuesday with the usual gang, starting to get a little more excited and nervous as the day draws closer. It's mainly COS that is making me twitch, as it is new and I'm not a fan of carnival themed things as it is, it's the only one that might require a bit of a push from my group to have a go.

I'm interested to see what they'll do with Boiler House this year. Last year we did two runs. The first was very intense as it was quite late into the night and the actors seemed to be on top form. The second run was the following day right after they'd opened (just after 5pm) and it wasn't anywhere near as effective. So *fingers crossed* it'll be more like our first experience.

Did I read somewhere that it's a bit longer this year too?
~ Good try but not this time ~

DiogoJ42

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Can I just be the anal nerd for one second and point out that "filters" go on cameras. On a light they are "Gels". ;)
(Unless we are talking about dichroic filters, but I won't confuse you with that...)

Roll on tomorrow! :mrgreen:

Scott
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:17 pm

I've just had a look through Mr Stu's photos and the photos on TN, and I am now really looking forward to getting to towers. I was considering going tommorow anyway(aswell as Sunday), but after seeing these photos, I see no reason why I should stop at home when towers appear to be putting on the best Scarefest yet!

If only my favourite park could be bothered to put this much effort into Halloween!

Looking forward to tommorow now!
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Can't wait till tommorow, I remeber last Scarefest when I could hear Ride Soundtrack's across the park, but that just added to the atmosphere.

Anyone got any new info from the park today? How COS & TBH look from the outside this year?

Blaze

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Actually last year they played the Twis**te Soundtrack park wide. And it was mostly crap. You're thinking of the year before, when it was indeed incredible.

There's no sponsorship this time, so it should be like 2008, with the ride music. All the ride music is even better at night, for some reason. 8)