UK theme parks from another point of view!

towers freak

Re: Quick Questions 2010

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:32 am

I found an FAQ on the alton towers website and the info you told me i belive isn't exact
"Annual pass FAQ" wrote:
You can renew up until 8 weeks after your pass has expired. However, if your pass expired more than 8 weeks ago, you will need to sign up as a new passholder and will not be entitled to the renewal discounts, sorry!

I understand the above as saying i can renew it between the date it expired which was yesterday and the 15th of april which will be exactly 8 weeks after my expiry date. Does anyone else read it the same way as i have or have i miss understood what it says.

The Crunchy Nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:35 am

Thats how I understand it, although the FAQ is worded better than my reply!

towers freak

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 am

I understand it now and atleast im not the only who read it the same way, thanks

fatpete
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Does yourday seem to exist this year, and is it open for half term?

AstroDan

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Yourday is shut for halfterm. Whether it returns for main season remains to be seen!

jomo1993
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:16 am

"fatpete" wrote:
Does yourday seem to exist this year, and is it open for half term?

Your day is currently closed for half term but not sure if it will return later in the year.

Anyway, heres my question.
Does anyone know a way of overcoming motion sickness on the rides. I used to be able to go on all the rides without feeling sick or anything like that, but for the past 10 or so weeks ive visited (half term and last september and october), many of the rides have made me feel totally awful, except maurauders mayhem, which is a bit of a weird one lol. I even was nearly sick on the runaway mine train, which is completely weird for me, although we did go round 15 times :lol: .
Anyway, if anyone knows a way which can help me to overcome this cos i really wanna keep enjoying the rides for many years to come, and even so, i refuse to let a little nausea put me off :D

Many thanks
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:21 pm

I had a minor version of what you have, one thing is just try not to think about it AT AL. I'm not sure if that will help you though but it helped me. :D

My Question: Have Alton coped well with the snow?
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

kingcriplet
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Does anyone know if there is a renewal rate for the water park passess? Although it's hardly worth it with those new stupid bloody opening hours :roll:

Sam-urai
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:31 pm

"kingcriplet" wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a renewal rate for the water park passess? Although it's hardly worth it with those new stupid bloody opening hours :roll:

It is £44 pound for an adult renewal pass.
Please visit Merlin Mania - [url=http://www.merlinmania.com/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.merlinmania.com/[/url]

AWTSW90
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:58 pm

I've had my new MAP for three days, and it has split in half while in my wallet really bizarrely :?
Will I be charged for a replacement? And if so, do you think it is worth making a complaint first as it has been in no way mistreated and it would be quite unfair for me to pay when I must have been given a weak pass. Never had this happen before!

jomo1993
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 pm

I think you probrably will get charged to have it replaced, my friend did when his got lost, and its the same situation (with it being the owners fault - getting snapped or lost) and i highly doubt complaining will do anything, cos they wil just say to you, its not our fault it got snappped. But i suppose its worth a try :D
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS

AWTSW90
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks,
I'll probably try complaining as it really must have been a weak card, certainly never had it happen with previous annual passes. But I'll prepare to be charged and accept it if there is nothing they can do. How much do they charge for a replacement?

jomo1993
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 pm

"AWTSW90" wrote:
Thanks,
I'll probably try complaining as it really must have been a weak card, certainly never had it happen with previous annual passes. But I'll prepare to be charged and accept it if there is nothing they can do. How much do they charge for a replacement?

I thought it was a fiver, although ive got in in my head my mate got charged a tenner, so i aint sure. Sorry.
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS

Mike
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Yup definitely £10 :-( - I've got to do the same thing. One word of warning - you have to get it replaced at the original issuing attraction - caught me out at Towers last weekend when mine was issued at the London Eye!

Thanks to Ian for the sig!

dmmosh1
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:16 pm

can i use disposeable BBQs at AT, if i cant do you think they would find me using one there in the gardens or some where secluded like the toilets or monorail station x

jomo1993
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:17 pm

"dmmosh1" wrote:
can i use disposeable BBQs at AT, if i cant do you think they would find me using one there in the gardens or some where secluded like the toilets or monorail station x

Having a bbq in the toilets, hmmmm. :shock:

At a guess they arent allowed, but thats not for defo as ive never seen anything about this, and im guessing if you were caught with one and you werent allowed, i doubt they would really care an awful lot. Wouldnt even bother trying to hide it, as long as you dispose of it correctly and use it responsibly, i dont think theyd mind :D
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS

Ontopia
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Does anyone know any companies that do some arranged coach trips to Alton Towers from around the Birmingham area?

I know one, but they don't start until July

Thanks

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:03 pm

"dmmosh1" wrote:

I'm not sure, although I would definately say you wouldn't be allowed to use them in the toilets or monorail station. Perhaps the car park? Although if you do go into the garden's remove the cardboard packaging. Last year at Silverstone we didn't, and nearly burned the place down! :)

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:21 pm

You've got more of a chance if your open about it and don't try to hide it. I'd use it in the Car Park if I were you.

Are you thirsty?

dmmosh1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:07 pm

thanks for the advice, my girlfriends thinks that im an idiot for wanting 1 in the toilet but each to there own will prob use in gardens or car park x