UK theme parks from another point of view!

danny13
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Quick Questions 2010

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:14 pm

"NickReid" wrote:
Hi there I was just wondering, What rides are on ERT? Do you think its much point running to Thirteen and waiting till 10 or not? And finally with the annual passes do you have your picture taken? Nick x :)

ERT 2010 is from 9-10 and the rides included are:
Oblivion
Nemesis
Marauder's Mayhem
Heave Ho!
Runaway Mine Train
Hex
Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

I would say use your ERT and then maybe when there is 5 or 10 minutes until the park opens, head over to the Dark Forest. Th13teen goes through its queue pretty quick but from what I have seen, thebest times to ride it are first or last thing in the day.

You do have your picture taken for the annual pass. The staff check it when you enter and also when you go for your ERT.

Hope that helps, Danny

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm

I wouldn't bother running to th13teen and waiting an hour for it to open. Instead I'd work round the park towards Forbidden Valley, then get on Air as soon as it opens. At the moment the queue for th13teen is usually long in the morning and decreases throughout the day, so until everyone else starts to realise this its better to do the other rides first.

Air has been getting longer queues than thirteen, but as the two rides are at their busiest at different times you can avoid the worst of the queues if you plan carefully

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:58 pm

How long were Nemesis's and Oblivion's queues on each of their opening dates? :)
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Fantasmic
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Not sure about opening dates, but I remember hearing about 4 hr queues when Nemesis first opened!

Incidently, does anyone remember the "Nemesis" Drinks? Blackcurrent & Liquorice flavor? They were luuuurvly! :clap:

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:25 am

Yep
[url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15264[/url]

Does anyone know if national travel cards / gold cards can be used on Alton Towers Transport?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek

ozzy-118
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:19 pm

hey guys

im going to alton towers this weekend what time is the park open till

thanks

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:31 pm

This Weekend - Park opens for ERT @9:00 AM, rides at 10:00 AM and rides close is 5:30 PM. Weekends tend to have an extra half hour than the main week, but if you're after a bit longer try when the better weather comes in and it can be extended to 6 or 7, or as far as 9:00 for Haloween Scarefest :D

So yeah, 5:30 this weekend!

ozzy-118
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:33 pm

"NF2" wrote:
This Weekend - Park opens for ERT @9:00 AM, rides at 10:00 AM and rides close is 5:30 PM. Weekends tend to have an extra half hour than the main week, but if you're after a bit longer try when the better weather comes in and it can be extended to 6 or 7, or as far as 9:00 for Haloween Scarefest :D

So yeah, 5:30 this weekend!

thanks alot mate

Oz

Mr P

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Who is the guy who does the voice on Hex? I've heard him on the Ambi-pur National Geographic fragrences adverts too.

MintAlton
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 pm

How busy is the park normally in the week during term time?

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 pm

"Mr P" wrote:
Who is the guy who does the voice on Hex? I've heard him on the Ambi-pur National Geographic fragrences adverts too.

I seem to recall the Hex voiceover is none other than Peter "Voiceover Man" Dickson, doing a more serious voice of course, just to consult his website says...

"Peterdickson.com" wrote:
Voiceover Man is also the scary voice of "Hex" - The Legend of the Towers, the theme ride at Britain's premier theme park Alton Towers

:D

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 pm

"MintAlton" wrote:
How busy is the park normally in the week during term time?

Having been before at times like this. I've found it to be exceptionally quiet during the early months of the season and the last few months of the season.

However, having been there during the Summer Term, it is often packed full of school trippers and it can get rather busy and obviously with school trips you tend to get a higher increase of 'anti social behavior' in the park unfortunately. :roll:

So, if your going in Spring or Autumn during the school term it is often a great day out due to the quiet nature of those times of the year.

:)

towers19
TT Member
TT Member

8 pound fast pass ticket

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi im going to At throughout the easter weekend, and was just wondering if anyone could tell me any info on the 8 pound fastpass for air, oblivion and nemesis.
Where can you buy these from, and how exactly do they work. And in the end of the day are thye worth 8 pound

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey! im going to altontowers tomorrow with college i know it will proberly rain and be really cold! but does anyone have any idea how busy it will be!? i hope not very :? x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 8 pound fast pass ticket

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:33 pm

"towers19" wrote:
Hi im going to At throughout the easter weekend, and was just wondering if anyone could tell me any info on the 8 pound fastpass for air, oblivion and nemesis.
Where can you buy these from, and how exactly do they work. And in the end of the day are thye worth 8 pound

You can either book them online before you go at AltonTowers.com. Or you can buy some at the Sales and Information desk at the park entrance.

I find on busy days when you want to get on all the rides a fast track ticket very useful. :D

Basically, a ticket (for example a Scream!) will get you on once on all the rides included on the ticket. You simply go to the fast track entrance of the ride. :D

By the looks of things you want to go for a Fast track Scream! :)

"altontowers1" wrote:
Hey! im going to altontowers tomorrow with college i know it will proberly rain and be really cold! but does anyone have any idea how busy it will be!? i hope not very :? x

Tomorrow I would expect it to be fairly quiet, even though some schools are off... we aren't into the main Easter Holiday yet, so I expect it will be fairly quiet. :)

Raz664
TT Member
TT Member

Fast Track

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Just wondering if any one knows if the Fast Track Ultimate (£80 one) can be used with thirteen or not. It will help me make a plan for the day.

Thanks guys

Scorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Fast Track

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 pm

This question should be in the quick questions part of the forum really but i can answer it for you.

Yes basically... Saturday on park i asked for a Thirteen fast track and she said...
"none are available for a few months until the ride is a little less newer"

she then followed by saying...
"the only way to get on thirteen through fast track at the moment is to purchase the Fast Track Ultimate".

Hope this helps =)

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 pm

A couple of questions reagarding the Hotel. Me and three friends are looking to stay over the Scarefest. I've looked at the terms and seen that all male groups have to write to the "Advance Sales Manager" does anyone have an address for this or do I just address it to the hotel and resort and hope it get's there?

I'm also planning to use the Sun code for 50% off, can I use this when booking in person? Also can you pay in cash to pay for your room and food etc? I don't have a debit card you see...

kingcriplet
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:01 am

What are the family rooms like in splash - can you get six adults in one?

ghostchoir
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 pm

"kingcriplet" wrote:
What are the family rooms like in splash - can you get six adults in one?

I stayed in a six person room last year with five adults - we found that the five of us only just fit in! They are a good size though and we may have just been being a bit dense.