UK theme parks from another point of view!

DiogoJ42

Re: Quick Questions 2010

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:41 pm

So hang on, are you saying there is a number I can ring right now and get straight through to Nemesis' control booth? :P

Makes sense I guess. It's no different from calling one of the phones in the gallery of a TV studio.

McFlurry

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:44 pm

My phone call once got transfered to Air once by mistake - that was rather lol.

However don't lett Brett kid you all. The real reason that ride ops are always on the phone is part of a company wide cost reduction campaign. Ticket Sales & Hotel Reservations are carried out by Ride Ops to utilise their time and to prevent the need for call centre staff. Simples. :lol: :^o

SAW_gameover
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:54 pm

"Aly" wrote:
However don't lett Brett kid you all. The real reason that ride ops are always on the phone is part of a company wide cost reduction campaign. Ticket Sales & Hotel Reservations are carried out by Ride Ops to utilise their time and to prevent the need for call centre staff. Simples. :lol: :^o

Made me Laugh very muchly :P
[size=125]http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

Anonymous

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:19 pm

"DiogoJ42" wrote:
So hang on, are you saying there is a number I can ring right now and get straight through to Nemesis' control booth? :P

Yep, although if you're ringing from an external phone it has a different ring tone.

I use to ring nemmy all the time on weekends to check to see what i was on when i was back in, as i didnt work weekends and the new rota always went up at the weekend!

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:30 pm

"DiogoJ42" wrote:

Makes sense I guess. It's no different from calling one of the phones in the gallery of a TV studio.

When I was working at John Lewis we once had a phone call in the department office. It was a double glazing cold caller asking if we could do with any double glazing. #-o

DiogoJ42

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Yeah, we often get that at work. One time they went through every phone in the studio. The numbers are only one digit apart, and they were clearly just phoning every number on earth! :lol:

Anyway, back on topic... ;)

MPDarby
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:27 am

Hi everyone.

I am due to visit the park on Sunday for the fireworks and I am so excited. :D I am visiting with my friend who is currently on crutches and I need a contact e-mail address for the park so I can inform them of this and ask if I can hire a wheelchair for the day. Does anyone know what e-mail address it is best to contact AT on?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!

tori_swift
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:24 pm

"Alton Towers FAQ" wrote:
Can I hire a wheelchair?
A limited number of wheelchairs are available for hire at guest services (located on the right-hand side of Towers Street) on a first come first serve basis. A £20 refundable deposit is required. We would suggest that guests who need a wheelchair to travel around the Park bring their own for ease of use. An additional rental charge of £10 applies to persons who are not registered as disabled. Please note, wheelchairs cannot be taken beyond the turnstiles when exiting the Park.

Hope that helps :)

Big C
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Ok, may seem like a stupid question however i am confused. :?

Regarding the Alton Towers monoply do you get your MAP discount when you purchase it?

People saying yes, others saying no, very confusing... :(

Answer appreciated. :D
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Yes.

MPDarby
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:12 pm

"tori_swift""][quote=""Alton Towers FAQ" wrote:
Can I hire a wheelchair?
A limited number of wheelchairs are available for hire at guest services (located on the right-hand side of Towers Street) on a first come first serve basis. A £20 refundable deposit is required. We would suggest that guests who need a wheelchair to travel around the Park bring their own for ease of use. An additional rental charge of £10 applies to persons who are not registered as disabled. Please note, wheelchairs cannot be taken beyond the turnstiles when exiting the Park.

Hope that helps :)[/quote]

Thanks for that.

I would however still like an e-mail address of someone at the park who can help me with this or put me in contact with the appropriate people. I'd rather not ring the resort as I am useless on teh telephone and bound to leave something out so would find it much easier to e-mail them.

Thank you to anyone who can help.
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:27 am

How much does the Waterpark cost in December, and what are the opening times?

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows why there was a band rehearsing in the Swiss Cottage yesterday 06/11/2010. Was abit weird as I thought it was derelict.
Also I need to know when the park opens in March, big fat rep point to anyone who can tell me! :D

JoshM

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:23 pm

The season starts Saturday 26th March 2011. I'm not too sure about the cottage question but i'm sure someone who was their that day may be able to help

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 am

Thanks for your help but I really hope that's not the case! I know the website says that but I'm hoping it is open before the 23rd as that's when my pass runs out! The park opened on the second weekend in March this year so I'm hoping they do the same for 2011.

wantonnoodle
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 am

"Stern John" wrote:
Thanks for your help but I really hope that's not the case! I know the website says that but I'm hoping it is open before the 23rd as that's when my pass runs out! The park opened on the second weekend in March this year so I'm hoping they do the same for 2011.

Not sure if you've a MAP or an AT pass, but we have MAP. Our passes ran out the 31st Oct this year, but we weren't going til this weekend (we normally do scarefest but did the fireworks instead this year, couldn't do both unfortunately). We renewed our MAP online the week before they ran out, and collected it on Sat, our new ones run out 6th Nov 2011, so we gain a few days. You can get the renewal rate for up to 8 weeks after your pass runs out on MAP (don't know about AT though).

If you order online its really easy - you just go to one of the ordinary ticket desks when you get there with your email receipt and some ID - they check the ID, take your email from you, and give you a till receipt with a barcode on. You then take this to the disabled gate to get in, they use a hand scanner to scan it and let you in, then you just go to the AP desk inside and exchange the receipt for your new pass. If you have the old pass as well, even if its run out, it makes it quicker for them as they can pull the details off it for the new one.

In summary though, if you've a MAP, you don't need to worry about the pass running out before you go, as long as you go/order the renewal within the 8 week window.

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks for the help but I'm not going to bother renewing my MAP next year. Going to do a few parks I've never done before in the UK and abroad. May get one in 2012/13 depending on what new rides are built. Shame I wont get to the Towers next year before it runs out. Might have to try in February.

Mingy
TT Member
TT Member

Help! can adults sleep in the themed room bunkbeds?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:57 am

Hi everyone, so me and a load of girlies we are all in our 20's + are going up to Alton Towers for my Hen night we are staying over for one night and thought it would be good fun to book some of the themed rooms :D
has anyone ever stayed in them? we rang and asked how many adults could stay in them and were told 6 but of course 2 of those are bunkbeds, can anyone confirm that the bunkbeds are actually big enough for adults to sleeps in as from the photos tey look small.

Have any adults ever done this?
any help appreciated as i need to get booking asap! :D

Dave

Re: Help! can adults sleep in the themed room bunkbeds?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:52 pm

a lot of us have slept in bunk beds at the resort many many times. they arent exactly spatiouse but you can fit an adult in them

Mingy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm

thank you this is worth knowing!