UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:50 am

It's true, they really do like to screw every penny out of you!
The VIP area will probably be infront of the restaurant at the bottom of Towers Street.
It was there for Electric Towers event.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:24 am

I have a good idea. Fit one of the rooms in the towers out with some chairs and an electric heater and give the VIP's some sweets and crisps and a goody bag each! :lol:

JoshM

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:05 am

"BigAl" wrote:
I have a good idea. Fit one of the rooms in the towers out with some chairs and an electric heater and give the VIP's some sweets and crisps and a goody bag each! :lol:

Amen :D

I've never been to a AT fireworks display but I plan to go this year. From what you guys have been saying I sounds like it is going to be epic. Does anyone know what will happen with AP?

Big Dave

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 pm

They use to ha disabled viewing area anyway. There is a good chance that all they are gonig to do is extended this a bit and let VIPs pay to sit there.

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Well I just rang Alton to find out how much a VIP viewing area pass would be for Annual Pass holders and they said they had no information on this.
I also asked if Merlin Annual Pass holders were to be charged extra to enter the park on these dates and after being put on hold for a while was told this was definately not the case!
I wish I'd recorded this phone call as I have a feeling this is incorrect.
I find it quite funny that most people on this forum know more about the park than the people who are paid to know!

AstroDan

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Since when have we thought there was likely to be a surcharge for AP Holders for Fireworks? The park is very unlikely to reach capacity.

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:31 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
Since when have we thought there was likely to be a surcharge for AP Holders for Fireworks? The park is very unlikely to reach capacity.

Well you said you thought it was likely!
"AstroDan" wrote:
I expect an admin charge of £5.00. On this occasion, I will 100% purchase as these events are popular! .

I don't really object to paying £5 extra as it will probably be awesome, was more interested in how much it will be for VIP area with Annual pass.

AstroDan

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:01 pm

*feels stupid*.

As you can tell however from my post just now, I have changed my tune and reckon it's unlikely. The park simply won't sell out to 30 od thousand.

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:22 pm

That's cool! :wink:
All the more room for me!
I reckon Alton will pull out all the stops for this years fireworks, gonna be a belter!

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:23 pm

VIP viewing area... for fireworks? Am I reading this right? Fireworks go up in the air, surely looking up is the best viewing point? :lol:

Despite this, I'm looking forward to this event. :) I've missed the fireworks at Towers!

JoshM

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm really looking forward to this. Lets hope that they are "The Ultimate Fireworks" because if they think TH13TEEN is "Ultimate" I wonder what the fireworks would be like. 8)

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:16 pm

"Kelly" wrote:
VIP viewing area... for fireworks? Am I reading this right? Fireworks go up in the air, surely looking up is the best viewing point? :lol:

That is true but if you get a good spot you can see the towers with lazers, lightning, fountains, projectors etc infront.
It is a great backdrop to the show!
Last edited by Stern John on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onair
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:14 am

"Stern John" wrote:
Well I just rang Alton to find out how much a VIP viewing area pass would be for Annual Pass holders and they said they had no information on this.

Sorry confused. So did they say VIP viewing is available for general public still minus the annual pass ? As the link to it on the main site seems to have gone.

I dont normally agree with paying extra but if its saves hanging around and offers a good overview of the area i may consider it.

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 am

It's still on the website, here:
[url=http://www.altontowers.com/default.aspx?id=1284&terms=fireworks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/default.aspx ... =fireworks[/url]
It's £49 for VIP with park ticket and ERT.
I was hoping that it would be maybe £11/£12 for annual pass holders but they didn't seem to have any information on this when I rang yesterday. Hopefully they'll release some details closer to the event.

AstroDan

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:26 pm

They have still, stupidly, got the park closing on November 6th both on the Theme Park main page and on the Opening Hours page.

And they want masses of guests? Hardly the best way to make sure the park is packed, if it's closed on the website.

#-o

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
They have still, stupidly, got the park closing on November 6th both on the Theme Park main page and on the Opening Hours page.

And they want masses of guests? Hardly the best way to make sure the park is packed, if it's closed on the website.

#-o

That's quality publicity! I probably wont need VIP then if it's just gonna be you, me and a few others from TTF!

Dylan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:36 pm

"Stern John""][quote=""AstroDan" wrote:

Well you said you thought it was likely!
"AstroDan" wrote:
I expect an admin charge of £5.00. On this occasion, I will 100% purchase as these events are popular! .

I don't really object to paying £5 extra as it will probably be awesome, was more interested in how much it will be for VIP area with Annual pass.[/quote]

This ^ made me chuckle! Well done Dan! #-o

AT seem to be rubbish at updating the website this year. Considering this is the first point of contact for anyone wanting up to date information about the park, you would think they would keep the opening dates and times up to date, at least!

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:44 am

Looking forward to this, I didn't see enough fireworks in 2009, so I am aiming to go into a Firework overload this year, I'm sensing three visits in three days to be fair!

onair
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 am

"Stern John" wrote:
It's still on the website, here:
[url=http://www.altontowers.com/default.aspx?id=1284&terms=fireworks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/default.aspx ... =fireworks[/url]
It's £49 for VIP with park ticket and ERT.
I was hoping that it would be maybe £11/£12 for annual pass holders but they didn't seem to have any information on this when I rang yesterday. Hopefully they'll release some details closer to the event.

Thanks for info. I hope to be there all 3 nights too, maybe one in the vip section if there is an annual pass offer. I have already booked my accomodation for it. I really do like the whole build up and experience of firework nights at the park.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:10 am

The website is very confusing and difficult to find the specific stuff you want if i'm honest. Unless it's advertised on the homepage it's difficult to find info about upcoming events such as the fireworks (or maybe I didn't look properly).

Plus the website has some really bad formatting issues; and it's a damn cheek they expect people to pay £200 quid a night at a hotel which, on their website really looks poor. To be honest, if you've never been before or know nothing about the hotels and you base them on what you see on the official site, you wouldn't even bother checking the prices let alone making a booking IMO.

:)