UK theme parks from another point of view!

MintAlton
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Alton towers car journey songs

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:57 pm

We have a five hour trip to Alton so always put together a few cds for the trip.There has to be a few new songs, old and a few cheesy.

A few of our favourites-

Queen-Don't stop me now
Sweet home alabama
Killers-Mr Brightside
Reef-Put your hands up

We always have the song i have had the time of my life playing when we leave the park.

DiogoJ42

Re: Alton towers car journey songs

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:00 pm

The Top Gear Driving Songs Album. :yes:

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Haha, when I was much younger I downloaded all the nine or ten Alton Towers themes from TowersTimes that they had then and burned them onto a CD. I would make my family listen to it all the way there! :P

Now I just put them on my iPod 8-[

ghostchoir
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

I briefly thought I might know you haha, as the journey is five hours for us too and all of those songs are included on it as well!

This year we're doing it a bit differently and are going with the cheesiest songs we could find to keep us alive on the journey home!

DiogoJ42

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Well, obviously the AT playlist gets dug out as well. :lol:

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:11 pm

Depending on how I feel, it's either the iPod or Chris Moyles! On the way back it is always the iPod. The iPod gets hooked up for the journey there anyway as sometimes I play a little few cheeky Alton Towers ride themes just as we get into Denstone!

DiogoJ42

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:13 pm

It'll be interesting going there next week, as Kelpie now has an iPod as well (took her long enough! :P ), so we may be fighting over who plays what!

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:19 pm

"Diogoj42" wrote:
It'll be interesting going there next week, as Kelpie now has an iPod as well (took her long enough! :P ), so we may be fighting over who plays what!

Take your headphones - just in case!

MintAlton
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 pm

"ghostchoir" wrote:
I briefly thought I might know you haha, as the journey is five hours for us too and all of those songs are included on it as well!

This year we're doing it a bit differently and are going with the cheesiest songs we could find to keep us alive on the journey home!

Driving up from Cornwall the big sing along songs keep us awake.We must look mad driving along the m5/m6 singing away.

Last year for scarefest we went in fancy dress, we all wore our costumes in the car on the way up.No wonder we got a few funny looks sat in strafford services at 6am dressed as Elvis,Guy Fawkes and a knight.

Rowe

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm

I would have to say it's now obligatory to listen to the radio and popular music until about halfway, where a parent will put on a CD which I'll either dance/sing along to (i.e. Fleetwood Mac).

furie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:39 pm

This, obviously ;)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMM61Y5CEU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMM61Y5CEU[/url]

but anything by Shriekback is generally good :)

(BTW, I've had that song since 1990 or so - it's not a fanboy thing :) ).
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here

Blaze

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:05 pm

The Top Gear Driving Albums are great! Really great. Greatly recomended.

Also, you may want to check out Absolution by Muse, you may find some of it a bit heavy, but it is an excelent driving album with a lot of variety in song style, you will almost certainly find something you like, especially looking at the songs you have already. Time Is Running Out is a funky blend of pop and rock and is great to dance and sing along to, and is kind of like a dark Killers song from their first album, and Hysteria is a mental rock song perfect for the country roads round Alton and for eating motorway miles with it's incredible bass.

Infact, most Muse songs from that album onwards will be decent, a lot of their music can be compared to Queen, only a darker, rockier, modern version of Queen. Just avoid their earlier stuff, a lot of it is a bit dark and depressing for a journey to Alton Towers.

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Rollercoaster by B*Witched

Ride A White Swan by T Rex...sadly a bit out of date now!

But usually Chris Moyles all the way until the Village of Alton when I dig out Hall Of The Mountain King.

On the way home - iPod on shuffle for the win.

AWTSW90
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:23 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
Infact, most Muse songs from that album onwards will be decent, a lot of their music can be compared to Queen, only a darker, rockier, modern version of Queen. Just avoid their earlier stuff, a lot of it is a bit dark and depressing for a journey to Alton Towers.

You've got to be kidding me :?
In my opinion, Muse were awful from Absolution onwards :P
Then again, I find them a bit drab anyway.

Hmm, I tend to just go with whatever's on the radio, although for some reason, Pulp ALWAYS comes on at some point! Either Disco 2000 or Common People!

Blaze

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Disco 2000 is awesome and always seems to come on at really great times. It really has a nack for appearing at times when you just feel great.

But Absoultion is stunning. With the exception of Stockholm Syndrome and a couple others, it is one of the best albums of the last decade. Origin of Symetry was awesome too, but mostly very dark and depressing. Blackholes and Revelations was also brilliant and more accessible but some songs never hit the mark. When it was good it was amazing (Starlight, Supermassive Blackhole and Knights of Cydonia), but when it was not so good, it really wasn't that great. Resistance has some briliant songs but some bad ones and their worst song yet. So to say they have not been any good is parhaps a bit unfair, many of their album tracks and b-sides are better than their singles. Live they are just unbeatable.

Infact, I reccomend HAARP. It's a live album and then some!

richdirk123
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Quite random, but we always listen to The Monkees on the way to Alton Towers Resort!

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Hard-Fi: Living for The Weekend
Gorillaz: DARE
Lady GaGa: Bad Romance
Mint Royale: Singing In The Rain (Club Mix)

:shock:
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:28 pm

"smeg_head" wrote:
Rollercoaster by B*Witched

LOL :lol:

richdirk123
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 am

LOL! B*tchWitched - Roller Coaster! Or Red Hot Chilli Peppers! Clever idea!

DiogoJ42

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Well, our playlist for friday's journey was:
XFM until we lost signal,
The new Muse album (gets a bit pompous at the end)
The 'AT playlist': ITHOTMK, Nemesis, Gloomy Wood, Duel, Hex Octagon, Hex Theme, Katanga Canyon.
Journey: Don't Stop Believing,
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Freebird. (head banging through Alton village FT W :mrgreen: )