UK theme parks from another point of view!

AstroDan

Dark Forest & RITA - General Discussion

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Please discuss anything to do with the new-for-2010 Dark Forest area along with RITA. No major Spoilers regarding Th13teen should be given away here, please see the spoiler topic for anything which is highly credible or confirmed regarding Th13teen.

gmonsta
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dark Forest & RITA - General Discussion

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 am

Im no spoiler but im getting very excited to see the dark forest theming :D

Elliot
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:10 am

We can now confirm Rita has not been re-painted at all.

Blaze

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Good, it keeps with the continuity of Dark Forest and I tthink the dark red and brown will work well in Dark Forest.

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Good, it keeps with the continuity of Dark Forest and I tthink the dark red and brown will work well in Dark Forest.

How does red fit in with an area that's supposed to be a Dark Forest!?...

:?

James
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:20 pm

I hope that Alton decide to keep the Wraiths in the Dark Forest area. They worked so well last season scaring visitors, since they are the protectors of the Dark Forest it only makes sense to keep them roaming around the area.

I don’t think Rita will look that bad with the same colour track although it would be nice if Alton gave the track a nice coat of green paint next season.

:)

Blaze

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:24 pm

"Chrïs" wrote:

It is dark and intimidating. Could also subliminally mean blood or danger. Plus, it will just look good :D

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:58 pm

"Chrïs" wrote:

Because Rita is ment to have been overtaken by the forest. Keeping it the same color enhances that theme. It isn't ment to be a simple re-theme, it's supposed to be cursed by the forest!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:02 pm

All fair comments reguarding my colour question... :)

Hopefully we'll see plent of vines all over Ritas supports and plenty of theming to suggest that the Forest has taken over everything...

Blaze

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Agreed, it would really enhance the theme. One thing I would like to see is evidence of the park trying to stop the forest from taking over. They could leave things like chain saws about(obviously out of reach and not working!) or have boards and things with vines creeping around to look like they have tried to stop the forest growing but are fighting a loosing battle.

Like this:

buffaloBen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 pm

I noticed in the video earlyer that rita's trains looked darker at the front (green). They could of had vines on them to, but im not 100% but i looked different.

Jakob
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Rita, to me, has always needed something like the Dark Forest to come along and sort of "ground" it into an area. When the new coaster was announced, I was certain of a re-theme of the ride. Yet now I think keeping the Rita as Rita would be a good move.

To the every day person it will look very imposing when they see a ride they can relate to/have ridden before being changed by this other ride. If they changed Rita the whole area would be alien, and the theme of "the forest taking over" would be rather pointless... as its got nothing to take over.
She does not need a new storyline or theme to fit in with the Dark Forest, Rita can be used in a very cunning way instead, it is essentially a massive piece of theming for Thirteen to play off of. Better yet, it's a massive piece of theming thats ridable :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Perhaps Rita could be repainted for 2011 season as to say the dark forest has taken over :)

2011 Ad
"Visit Alton Towers Resort in 2011 and ride (insert flat ride name) where the dark forest has taken over visit our website at AltonTowers.com today"
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek

MattH

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:39 am

tbh, the non-retheming is great, as it makes it seem to the GP that nothing has changed, and they can still feel safe, and putting a decent flat in the area would make it that much better, but it needs to be something extra special because lets face it, most flats have been done, so the flat itself needs to be a prototype imo.

Other than that, i would love to see the whole area grow to something extra special.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:11 pm

I think when Rita was built many people didn't like the theme as it didn't suit the ug land theme. But I reckon back then there was plans to change ug land anyway thats why just the control room was themed to fit into the area. I reckon they will still play music in the queue line as well as there still got the fake speakers on top of the building in the picture above.

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Im hoping ritas sound effects get changed or they will make the ride look out of place imo. They should use some type of ghostly style voice like on the ads or something.

Rollercoaster 4 Life
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 pm

A few questions for bootcampers:

Did any of the bootcampers get to see Rita's trains? What are they like, have they changed much?

One thing that has always annoyed me is how Rita's photo shop is across the way from the exit. Why not put it next door where the dinousaur racing used to be? It causes problems on busy days when people came into Ugland and people cross straight across to get to the photo shop. I'm guessing this is still the same?
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID][color=#000000]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!

Tommy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 pm

I don't think that the people from bootcamp are actually permitted to give anything away just yet, I imagine the disclaimer they signed would have been stretched to cover information on the park as a whole or at least Dark Forest. They wouldn't want anything giving away that they don't need to.

SEALIFE
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:18 pm

If you look closley I think its on the GMTV clip you saw Rita going into the break run, but you couldent quite work out what the trains looked like.. #-o

Blaze

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:21 pm

They can only talk about what they thought of the ride and can not go into detail about it. They can talk about what the ride does and things like that but are not permited to upload media to the internet and there is a level of detail they must not go into.

From what one boot camper has said, Dark Forest looks great. A very happy camper :lol:

This new area pulls so many similarities with Forbiden Valley. The whole idea of finding something evil which has caused great harm to the area. This has the pottential to be even better becuase the theme seems to be living and breathing. In FV, Nemesis is tied down and can not move, reduced to having people ride over it, but here, the forest is taking over and is unstoppable, taking down all in it's path. Having two tall rides and the large crypt building will enhance the area even more.