UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
DiogoJ42

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:31 pm

The main topic of comments on the AT failbook page has now changed from "that looks pants", to "I'm only 13, why can't I ride Th13teen?"
](*,)
 
User avatar
hell lepard
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 106
Joined: May 2009

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:33 pm

after watching the video 3 times i can say there is something missing there.
they wouldn't have given everything away.
i think the drop is random and the drop was set to look weak until launch day when the test settings are finally turned to ride settings you can tell me with that kind of calibration that that ride cannot be ajusted.
i believe the ride changes daily the effects the same but the sequence different and the time altered by 2 to 5 seconds think about it they hid it for this long, anyone checking these forums would have realised that the drop was worked out so why not show the test drop.
many ideas like the chasing wraiths could now be real as could the interactivity with the ride in the crypt everything has a on off switch to keep the ride running h and would insist on this.
notice that the video in the crypt is night vision so the fear could be the quick night to day or something along the lines of a visual trick there are plenty of games where there are certain visuals that create fear such as colours or shapes i think it will confuse you then drop you although there are possibilities of a bounce or a mid stall lift then full drop look at this as one of many sequences.
 
User avatar
Benedique
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 608
Joined: November 2009
Location: Somewhere in the Manchester area

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Just found out from one of the bootcampers that they had to ride it 9 times to get all the shots in, there goes Morwenna's 'one ride per day' marketing nonsense!

I'm excited for the ride just gutted I can't go this weekend...ahh my fast pass will have to stay in guest services gathering a bit of dust before it can be used!

At first I could relate to people feeling let down, but i've come to realise that the vertical drop must really get your stomach. After going on the Winja's @ Phantasialand I know that they have a similar system in place but instead of dropping vertically you rise up vertically and that got my stomach and shocked me when it happened without warning so I can't help but think that TH13TEEN will actually be quite good especially as your stationary before the drop occurs which in my experience means your stomach will still be up at the top whilst your at the bottom... good old drop tower style :mrgreen:
Image
 
AstroDan

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:35 pm

I think it's important to remember, once more - that many of the best coasters look poor on a POV.

Colorado Adventure is an amazing coaster, but watch a POV and it doesn't look much cop. Has anyone seen Eurosat POV with the lights on? *Yawn* - yet it's an amazing coaster. The same can be said for many others!

This coaster looks set to be very well themed and has a bucket load of SFX that will be working when it opens that did not work on the video.

Although I doubt this will be the scariest ride in the park, I do remain sure that it'll be the best "experience". For years, we've called out for themed experiences - and this looks like it's it! It looks smooth, has exciting moments and has lovely theming as well as a unique touch. Sure, the video wasn't very good - but I am re-finding my hope for the ride as a quality experience to add to the AT armoury of coasters.

Bring on Saturday. I can't wait to hear the audio!

:)
 
thorpeparkjunkie
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 75
Joined: February 2009
Location: Ipswich

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:41 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
I think it's important to remember, once more - that many of the best coasters look poor on a POV.

Colorado Adventure is an amazing coaster, but watch a POV and it doesn't look much cop. Has anyone seen Eurosat POV with the lights on? *Yawn* - yet it's an amazing coaster. The same can be said for many others!

This coaster looks set to be very well themed and has a bucket load of SFX that will be working when it opens that did not work on the video.

Although I doubt this will be the scariest ride in the park, I do remain sure that it'll be the best "experience". For years, we've called out for themed experiences - and this looks like it's it! It looks smooth, has exciting moments and has lovely theming as well as a unique touch. Sure, the video wasn't very good - but I am re-finding my hope for the ride as a quality experience to add to the AT armoury of coasters.

Bring on Saturday. I can't wait to hear the audio!

:)


I agree!

I think it actually looks really good! We all deep down knew it would NOT be the worlds most scariest coaster but it still looks fun and effects can change a ride experience by a mile!

People are judging a book by its cover until you have ridden it you cannot say its rubbish...

Before I ever visited THORPE PARK I thought Colossus looked crap and it turned out to be my favorite coaster in the park :D
 
Anonymous

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm

GMTV video: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-4G6Apz9Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-4G6Apz9Y[/url]
 
DiogoJ42

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Could the youtube link be stickied at the top of this topic or something? It's been posted about three or four times now. (I can understand why, as this thread is moving at such a pace.) :)
 
Anonymous

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Just got back from Alton Towers after winning Bootcamp! TH13TEEN was amazing, 9 times on it! I don't know what people ar thinking from GMTV but don't judge until you have been on it. Its great!
 
Crofty

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:06 pm

My first impressions.

Firstly the segment as a whole, I thought it was very very shoddy. PLEASE don't pretend to be live when it clearly isn't, I hate it when broadcaster try and play the viewers as fools.
The quality of the filming was poor and tried to show too much of the coaster, dodgy cutting shots, the sort of thing us amateur video makers would have to resort to to make it look like we had more than one camera. They had two days of filming, they could of got it spot on! I'd have much preferred to see just the coaster cameras than what looks like a badly mocked up advert.
The people on the ride didn't sell it at all. The coaster guy was smug, he's done it all before, a million foot drop would be water of his back after all. The lift hill chat was awful, It would have been a lot better to have one of the Towers staff at the front giving us information about what makes this ride special, we didn't need a coaster geek who was just free loading an exclusive ride. :lol:
I think the coaster itself looks impressive. Sure, it's not Nemesis and I agree with those who suggest it shouldn't have been given and SW6 tag, it did seem to stick out a bit in the bare woods, just like the flume does.
I think as a ride it seemed plenty fast enough, the in door helix seemed to generate a few gasps from the riders as did the drop. One thing I did dislike though was the last switch track, it was really crappy to watch, it reminded me of Thomas the Tank in Drayton Manor! :lol: I think it should also have been enclosed.
The Dark Forest area does look a tip! TBH I think I'd rather have a summer opening than have to venture into that bomb-site.
One thing is for sure though, My 9 year old is going to absolutely love this coaster.
Last edited by Crofty on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Wes
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 5260
Joined: April 2005
Location: Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:09 pm

:shock: Are you the actual Chis 'RCT' Sawyer? :D
 
SamB09
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 14
Joined: February 2010

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Will certainly be interesting to see what its like with full effects.
Last edited by SamB09 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
samster31324
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 29
Joined: October 2009
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:11 pm

"Tycoon Sawyer" wrote:
Just got back from Alton Towers after winning Bootcamp! TH13TEEN was amazing, 9 times on it! I don't know what people ar thinking from GMTV but don't judge until you have been on it. Its great!


thx you how was the ride was there any effects switched on when you rode!
I can't wait to see the doctor......
 
User avatar
Benedique
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 608
Joined: November 2009
Location: Somewhere in the Manchester area

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:12 pm

"Wes" wrote:
:shock: Are you the actual Chis 'RCT' Sawyer? :D


:shock: Please let him say no, I might just freak out if it is the Chris Sawyer, he's up there in my world of gods along with John Wardley of course
Image
 
User avatar
Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4287
Joined: March 2007
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:17 pm

I couldn't not look :( I came over to the dark side (pun intended) :lol:

I hope the effects are REALLY atmospheric. Vertical drop is WIN though. :mrgreen:
Image
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
 
Crofty

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:18 pm

*Cough...Splutter..Th13teen - Ride discussion..Cough* :P :P
 
User avatar
Towersfan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 132
Joined: November 2005
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Can't quite believe this reaction. People, and by people I mean the general public AND enthusiasts, have been screaming out for Alton Towers to build a heavily themed rollercoaster for years.

They go ahead and do that and, it seems, they still cant win.

Don't forget that the UK had the worst winter on record this year and clearly it's put them very heavily behind schedule, not just in terms of handing over the ride but completing theming.

What was saw today was a pre-recorded mess from GMTV. I'd imagine Alton Towers are as disappointed with the footage as we are to be honest. It's badly edited, badly presented and frankly any lay person would've been more enthusiastic than the so called coaster expert.

I'm obviously missing something here as Alton Towers promised a "world first experience" and they've delivered a rollercoaster that has a freefalling track, in the dark, half way through. A WORLD'S FIRST!

I'm utterly utterly excited to ride this next Tuesday.
 
Anonymous

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:19 pm

"Wes" wrote:
:shock: Are you the actual Chis 'RCT' Sawyer? :D

no, just a nakesake.

Lison everyone, do not judge it by that gmtv video it does not do it justise. Its quick, loads of airtime and its really REALLY great. Don't knock it until you ride it cause, kinda foolish.
 
User avatar
samster31324
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 29
Joined: October 2009
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 pm

"Towersfan" wrote:
Can't quite believe this reaction. People, and by people I mean the general public AND enthusiasts, have been screaming out for Alton Towers to build a heavily themed rollercoaster for years.

They go ahead and do that and, it seems, they still cant win.

Don't forget that the UK had the worst winter on record this year and clearly it's put them very heavily behind schedule, not just in terms of handing over the ride but completing theming.

What was saw today was a pre-recorded mess from GMTV. I'd imagine Alton Towers are as disappointed with the footage as we are to be honest. It's badly edited, badly presented and frankly any lay person would've been more enthusiastic than the so called coaster expert.

I'm obviously missing something here as Alton Towers promised a "world first experience" and they've delivered a rollercoaster that has a freefalling track, in the dark, half way through. A WORLD'S FIRST!

I'm utterly utterly excited to ride this next Tuesday.


the worlds frist is that its the worlds frist roller coaster when you drop verticaly
I can't wait to see the doctor......
 
User avatar
Rollercoaster 4 Life
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 203
Joined: August 2005
Location: Cheshire

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm

As I mentioned earlier, the train has the number 5 on it. I have the actual native file that I uploaded for all to see early this morning and it is a number 5. Look at the video at 2:43 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZn6u9MmoaM

Thanks for the rep off the people for the video that I uploaded at 7:20AM this morning. :roll:

:P
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID][color=#000000]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
 
User avatar
samster31324
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 29
Joined: October 2009
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:28 pm

"Tycoon Sawyer""][quote=""Wes" wrote:
:shock: Are you the actual Chis 'RCT' Sawyer? :D

no, just a nakesake.

Lison everyone, do not judge it by that gmtv video it does not do it justise. Its quick, loads of airtime and its really REALLY great. Don't knock it until you ride it cause, kinda foolish.[/quote]

please can you explain indepth the ride im so intreged!
I can't wait to see the doctor......

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 231 guests