UK theme parks from another point of view!

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:10 pm

Thats another thing! TH13TEEN doesn't have the clicker lock on the lift hill :o :censored:

DiogoJ42

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Am I right in thinking Th13teen has no anti-rollbacks on the lift? The only other tyer drive lifts I can think of are on Zierer Tivoli coasters, and they don't have any. I know that a full train of adults can cause them to really struggle up the lift.

jomo1993
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Ive noticed theres no anti rollbacks aswell, surely thats also gonna be a problem when the tyres loose grip after a lot of use aswell.
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS

Big Dave

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 pm

The feeder wheels cannot turn backwards as they will simply just lock. Also in the vent of a power cut the wheels also lock. This can be heard in the station as a train enters or leaves the station. The only way to get a rollback is if the friction wheels do not press tightly enough against the train and it simply slides through them. This will only happen if the technical team fail to check them, which I certain is one of their main daily checks.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand has tyre driven lifts as well. They're almost useless in the rain and they only run the trains 1/2 full in wet weather.

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 pm

"Big Dave" wrote:
I want one of these in the station please. K thnx

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-AS13fl30&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-AS13f ... re=related[/url]

As much as I'd like to see this working in the station, it has just dawned on me that they are rather noisy. I realise that the one in the video is much much bigger, but wouldn't a smaller one make a similar noise?

There is such great ambiance in the station now with the sound of the whispers and screams, I just hope that this won't drown them out with annoying buzzing.

BIan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:17 pm

The scaffolding and the ladder as you walk into the building add to the ride, and the theme of it being unlucky, as it is unlucky to walk under a ladder, and unlucky to walk under scaffolding.

Ian

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:18 pm

I know this may sound silly :lol: , but how does a tesla coil fit in with Th13rteen. :? :D
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

DiogoJ42

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:19 pm

"Big Dave" wrote:
The feeder wheels cannot turn backwards as they will simply just lock.

Sorry to be picky, but surely the ones on the crypt and switchback have to turn in both directions?

jomo1993
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 pm

"DiogoJ42""][quote=""Big Dave" wrote:
The feeder wheels cannot turn backwards as they will simply just lock.

Sorry to be picky, but surely the ones on the crypt and switchback have to turn in both directions?[/quote]

Well thats a very good point!

My thoughts are though, that it wouldnt matter so much if the wheels didnt grip in the crypt, whereas if it failed to grip on the lift hill, the consequences could be disasterous.
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Good point Diogo, and whether they lock or not, surely the rain will still make them possible to slip, this new kicker idea, hasn't turned out to be the greatest, and besides, if noise was an issue, surely that means Rita's days are sadly numbered :sadblink:

DiogoJ42

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 pm

It could be that there are two types of motor, I guess. Let's just hope they keep an eye on the tyer tread depth! :P

towers19
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Hey im new here and im just wondering if the girl from the tv adverts has yet been incoporated inti the ride yet

AstroDan

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Isn't she just someone who went and rode it? And I guess it's her voice on the queueline SFX?

towers19
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi astro dan nice to meet you, and it would be awesome if they did have her chase you around the ride. Im still yet to ride 13 but going during the easter holidays for the first time in 5 years i cant wait. Just one question, where do you all keep ypur loose items wallet,phone excetra when riding rides?

Dean

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:14 pm

"towers19" wrote:
Hey im new here and im just wondering if the girl from the tv adverts has yet been incoporated inti the ride yet

No they haven't but they have added the boarding station announcements on the lift hill speakers, why i'm not sure?

jordanc14
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm

"towers19" wrote:
Hi astro dan nice to meet you, and it would be awesome if they did have her chase you around the ride. Im still yet to ride 13 but going during the easter holidays for the first time in 5 years i cant wait. Just one question, where do you all keep ypur loose items wallet,phone excetra when riding rides?

Well there is a baggage area that you give your items into and collect on the exit, i believe they give you a wristband (just like on Saw).

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 pm

just before entering the inside queue line, you will hand your belongings into a small kiosk, and they will give you a band for referance on which item(s) are yours :W

--EDIT--
beaten to it :P :(

Dormiens-Dave

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Apparently the reason these lift hill wheels work as anti rollback is that if there is an e-stop the motor is automatically shorted causing a stable magnetic field in the motor rather than an oscillating one causing the wheel to jam.

I would have thought that simply putting a physical locking mechanism on these wheels if they went backwardswould have worked just as well on the lift hill wheels, the crypt wheels and transfere track dont need this as even if the wheels fail they are on level track so the train will not roll
Last edited by Dormiens-Dave on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nemesisfan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Just want to go back to the tesla coil for a second, i dont no if anyone has been on g-force at Drayton Manor ?,but inside the building above you in the que line theres a tesla coil, and may i add its extremley loud when it goes off and makes everyone jump, or at least it did as its a rare occasion that it works :cry: . Now baring in mind the tesla on g-force is a good few feet above you and really does give you quite a fright and makes a fair amount of noise, i think the one right next to you in TH13EEN's building is going to be incredible when it goes off, it will be madness :D :D