UK theme parks from another point of view!

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 pm

There was extras!?!? :o [-o<

--EDIT--
~ ooh first post on page 100! (do I get a medal :D ) :P
Last edited by SheikhSam on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dormiens-Dave

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 pm

Spoke to a chap from Sales and Information and he said the ride was getting good guest satisfaction scores, i think those who would pay attention to hype have now been and ridden it so the next few weeks will hopefully be an audience that havn't been contaminated by it and will go with open Minds.

Also i think the question is dasbudd, did you see the added extra's today and do you care to share

EDIT: according to facebook it was down all day so hmm

jordanc14
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:06 pm

Visiting on Saturday, hoping the tesla will be in action. [-o< But just to confirm, it is on the stairs on the indoor queue section? :D

Dormiens-Dave

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

It is just after the stairs where the two parallel queues split up then rejoin to decend into the station

mattgolfgti
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

hey dont know if this has been posted previously but i found this on youtube
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHA9grAKeE&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHA9grA ... re=related[/url]

thought its the closest i will get till friday, as i still havnt been on it due to it breaking down :evil:

buffaloBen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Many people have been saying it has been closed for some of today for quite a long period of time. (On Facebook)
Maybe becuase of the terrible weather?

Just hope it survives the next few weeks of the Easter holidays when it tends to get a lot buisyer.

[-o<

Dormiens-Dave

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Should do, for a new rollercoaster its doing very well for downtime, certainly better than Air or Saw did

Dean

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Well i'm going to pop up tomorrow so i'm hoping to be suprised that the tesla will be working...

So i'll let you know, if there's anything worth mentioning... :)

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:20 pm

New themeing has been added to the queueline over night. There's a Wraith covered in vines, a man by the van covered in vines reaching upwards and a woman covered in vines but facing the other way towards the trees so all you can see is long dark hair.

Not much but a step forward. :)

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

TheWraithWithNoFace
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 pm

^ This is true it's great :D as it shows the park actually do care.

I think Th13teen is one amazing experience, as a rollercoaster it is fun and entertaining, but as a whole, it is a great ride!. I think upon entering the crypt, those who have ridden, know the small straight bit before you enter, there should be a live wraith standing there and giving you a creepy wave before you enter :P
Top 5 Nemesis|The Flume...Obviously.|Oblivion|Duel|Rita

Bloo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 pm

"Mattia" wrote:
New themeing has been added to the queueline over night. There's a Wraith covered in vines, a man by the van covered in vines reaching upwards and a woman covered in vines but facing the other way towards the trees so all you can see is long dark hair.

Awesomeeeeee :D

Don't suppose there are any pics yet?

Benedique
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:22 pm

"Mattia" wrote:

I can see it now they are going to take out those men and woman and replace them with live actors that move every now and again for scarefest

Love that they are still adding in the theming :)

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 pm

It might sound strange but I’m actually hoping that the Tesla coil remains dormant for a while longer. It is the only piece of evidence to suggest there is more theme to come and I just get the feeling that the first sparks will signal the rides completion (for this year at least).

Glad to hear though that more has been added to the queue line. Sounds great but I can't help but wonder how realistic the people look :?

Fantasmic
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:32 pm

My Boyfriend and I were both very impressed with the themeing, and overall good upkeep of the park. Last time he went was 2007 and for me was 2008, I think Merlin took it over after 2007 season?

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 pm

"Kelly" wrote:
My brothers at Towers today, Th13teen is currently down...again!

Has he said how long it has been down for? When we went on Monday they shut the ride for around 5 mins to add a 3rd cart. Hopefully its nothing serious. [-o<

He said it reopened early afternoon, and when he asked staff at the ride entrance what was wrong, they mentioned something about the hydraulics.

Blaze

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:43 pm

"Fantasmic" wrote:
My Boyfriend and I were both very impressed with the themeing, and overall good upkeep of the park. Last time he went was 2007 and for me was 2008, I think Merlin took it over after 2007 season?

March 2007 to be exact. They have improved the park brilliantly in such a short time.

tha fish
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:39 pm

"Kelly"&quot;][quote][quote=&quot;"Kelly" wrote:
My brothers at Towers today, Th13teen is currently down...again!

Has he said how long it has been down for? When we went on Monday they shut the ride for around 5 mins to add a 3rd cart. Hopefully its nothing serious. [-o<[/quote]

He said it reopened early afternoon, and when he asked staff at the ride entrance what was wrong, they mentioned something about the hydraulics.[/quote]
AGAIN ?!?! let's hope they aren't a persisting problem in the future :)

[size=150]ReMeMBeR ThE NaMe !!

Khalichanan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 pm

Sorry to sound a pain, but if anyone's going up in the next few days could they get some pictures of the new theming?

Where they like the bushmen? Because when I was there the bushman was lying on top of the van too...

Cheers if anyone can, don't worry if not :)

davidaiow
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:33 am

"bradpeet"&quot;][quote=&quot;"davidaiow" wrote:
We are all over 16 too, which means we all get to ride! :D ( ;) )

I hope you are trying to wind us up with that remark. There is no age limit on Th13teen. Just the height limits.

It's a family coaster with a few tricks, so there is no reason for any age limits. If you expect any more, you might be as disappointed as I was on my first ride.[/quote]

I've been here for quite a few years and reading long before that. Trust me it was a joke.

Good news about the extra theme items, bad news about the downtime. Hope it's okay for Saturday! Will try to take many pictures!

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:28 am

Don't know if this means anything but I was in the queue for Rita, and seen the 13 train move out of the station, as it slighty went down the small drop it stopped. The car was there for at least 20 or so minutes with the people on it, looking confused. I could see into the station, and there was a car sat there, with another behind it outside the station with people in it also.

As i got closer to the Rita queue steps I could see people with walkie talkies (engineers/maintenance) walking in and out of the Crypt and around the lift hill.

Finished riding Rita (30 or 40 mins after it stopped) and the first car had been allowed to travel round to the lift hill and was static at the bottom of it, but with only about 4 people in it - my guess was that they had have to let the people out of it.

So it was down for a good 2 hours or so, but they did get it up and running.

we can expect many short breakdowns or so, and for a ride like this within the first season it's bound to happen.