UK theme parks from another point of view!

TheWraithWithNoFace
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

^ My dream is to be evacuated off a ride :P

But no, they went down the steps intsead of into the crypt :lol:
Top 5 Nemesis|The Flume...Obviously.|Oblivion|Duel|Rita

Chuck120
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Sorry if it has already been posted, not followed the forums for a while.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPdFB-R0yo&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPdFB-R ... re=related[/url]

TheMagicIsBack
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:08 am

Sorry if this has been posted before but did anyone else notice the deep chuckling as you enter the crypt :?:

My friend said he didn't hear anything - probably my imagination :oops:

Oh and btw the air cannons were very powerful today. 8-[

Calum x :roll:

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:17 am

Does this mean they've added some new effects? Although I don't really know who could be chuckling - I personally can't imagine it being a wraith!

DaNnyToWeRs
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:18 am

Definitions of Ultimate: -
Being last in a series, process, or progression: (could this be the last SW?)
Representing or exhibiting the greatest possible development or sophistication (the development of the free-fall idea into a rollercoaster?)
The final point; the conclusion (again is this the end for SW's?)
Being most distant or remote (going into the forest)

I would say this IS the ultimate coaster, especially compared to the other SW's. Nemesis had its first inverted in Europe, Oblivion with its vertical drop, and Air with its first flying coaster. Apart from their secret element, it was just a coaster that went round a track. With Thirteen, you don't only just go round a track, you go around it, inside a crypt, you drop, go backwards, forwards, in, out and you shake it all about! lol it combines so many different elements that it catches you out on your first few rides and never ceases to amaze the general public! The backwards section in the dark Helix does a great job of disorientating you and the theming is immersive!
Watching the midlands news and sky news reports after riding it is different because you can feel it all over again :)
Last edited by DaNnyToWeRs on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danny

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:28 am

Nemesis wasn't the first inversion in Europe. I'm pretty sure that was good ol' Corcky! Oblivion was the WORLD'S FIRST vertical drop, not just some drop. Air was indeed the world's first flying coaster and Th13teen is the world's first freefall drop coaster. Just prooving some points there :)

DaNnyToWeRs
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:49 am

"Danny" wrote:
Nemesis wasn't the first inversion in Europe. I'm pretty sure that was good ol' Corcky! Oblivion was the WORLD'S FIRST vertical drop, not just some drop. Air was indeed the world's first flying coaster and Th13teen is the world's first freefall drop coaster. Just prooving some points there :)

Apologies, I typed inversion instead of inverted :p lol
That was the only point you corrected me on there, most people reading this will know that oblivion was the worlds first vertical drop, I never said it wasn't. If you had read my post properly you would have noticed the sentence was written in regards to the worlds first elements of Nemesis, Oblivion and Air, although looking back, Nemesis was Europe's first and not a Worlds First.

davidaiow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 am

^I believe Nemesis was Europe's first inverted rollercoater (as in trains are under the tracks). Also air is really a manufacture's world first I believe but don't quote me on that.

I went yesterday for the first time is 2007. My word a lot has changed for the better. Dark Forest was brilliant. Oblivion, needs a lick of paint still and the cars need to hold on the edge again, but there was smoke! Mutiny Bay- excellent. Skyride- so so much better! Nemesis and Air are still the same (get those tunnels sorted!) Ripsaw with the 'red water' was great. Ride was a little too short (especially given the small queue). Woodcutters- fantastic addition. Great food with reasonable price and service!

Thirteen. Was broken down when we ran to the from the entrance at 10am. There was a massive queue for it though (so we went on Rita). Came back later in the day and queued for an hour. Was quick moving and completely worth it. Up until that points my friends (AT newbies) thought Air and Nemesis would take a lot of beating but it became their favourite ride. Interestingly though, they didn't really rate it as a rollercoaster. But they did love the ride. I have some pictures of the 'new themeing' so I'll pop those up when I get the chance. Loved the drop. I though the outdoor part was quite fast considering how much people here are slamming it and the curves and hills were great fun! IT really was the inside that made the ride spectacular though- loved the surprise backwards drop bit.

Well done Merlin for turning the park around. Easily the best all-round day out in the country and Thirteen is worth 2 corkscrew replacements.

Danny

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 am

Nemesis is Euorpe's first inverted coaster but I think he meant Euorpe's first inversion.

Elliot
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:15 am

On the subject of worlds' firsts...

Oblivion was the first ride to be advertised as a vertical drop coaster, but as most know 90 degrees is vertical not 87 or what ever the number is.

Air was the first ride to be advertised as a 'flying' coaster where as David said above, 'it's a manufactures first' but it wasn't even the countries first ride in that position, Skytrak at Granada Studios was the first in the flying position and Granada Studios was situated in Manchester... [url=http://www.rcdb.com/2380.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rcdb.com/2380.htm[/url]

Where as Nemesis as far as I know was never advertised as a worlds first, Europe's first, yes but not Worlds First.

Also I was informed last night that Th13teen doesn't even have the first freefall drop on a coaster, Winjas @ Phantasialand. The drop is clearly shown in this plan, also it may only be small on Winjas but it's still there.

spinwhizzer
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:23 am

"RR Elliot" wrote:
On the subject of worlds' firsts...

Oblivion was the first ride to be advertised as a vertical drop coaster, but as most know 90 degrees is vertical not 87 or what ever the number is.

Air was the first ride to be advertised as a 'flying' coaster where as David said above, 'it's a manufactures first' but it wasn't even the countries first ride in that position, Skytrak at Granada Studios was the first in the flying position and Granada Studios was situated in Manchester... [url=http://www.rcdb.com/2380.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rcdb.com/2380.htm[/url]

Where as Nemesis as far as I know was never advertised as a worlds first, Europe's first, yes but not Worlds First.

Also I was informed last night that Th13teen doesn't even have the first freefall drop on a coaster, Winjas @ Phantasialand. The drop is clearly shown in this plan, also it may only be small on Winjas but it's still there.

I think that is just the lift into the station, look here [url=http://www.rcdb.com/1235.htm?p=3368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rcdb.com/1235.htm?p=3368[/url]

fredward

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:27 am

just to be a bit irritating!

Saying nemesis is the first inverted coaster (as in trains under the tracks) in Europe is actually not true. Its the first multi-inversion inverted rollercoaster. I don't know wether Vampire is a worlds first, but It came before Nemesis! I know Vampire didn't originally have seats like it has today, but it was hanging below the track!

Elliot
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 am

It's classed as a suspended coaster [url=http://www.rcdb.com/784.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rcdb.com/784.htm[/url] as it swings where as Nemesis or Inferno don't ;)

Danny

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Wow I live near Grannada and I never knew about that. Cheers for the heads up. Might look into that

cmpunk771
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Well they called TH13TEEN "The worlds first Virtical freefall drop"

Winjas is not vertical or freefall

SIMR
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:52 pm

So I'm going to the park on tuesday and can't wait to get on Th13teen. If the breakdowns are true, do you think it's best if I leave it until the end of the day, maybe get on Rita first? I'm really hoping to get on it, want to see what I make of it. I shall look out for the tesla coil :D

p.s. If the queue is outside of the entrance sign, how long roughly is it? I want to know how long I'll be queueing :P

jordanc14
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:08 pm

"bennyboy-92" wrote:
So I'm going to the park on tuesday and can't wait to get on Th13teen. If the breakdowns are true, do you think it's best if I leave it until the end of the day, maybe get on Rita first? I'm really hoping to get on it, want to see what I make of it. I shall look out for the tesla coil :D

p.s. If the queue is outside of the entrance sign, how long roughly is it? I want to know how long I'll be queueing :P

No, personally i think it is better to queue from morning(if you want to be one of the first queue through ert) But even at 10 you should be fine. If the queue is out of the entrance it should be around 50 mins- 80 mins depending if there is 2 or 3 trains on. Hope this helps :D

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Thirteen opened early this morning and was running well for the first hour or so but it has been closed for the last couple of hours.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Elliot
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:13 pm

I would say the queue would be about 45-50 minutes with 3 cars, maybe slightly more or less depending on how quickly the staff are loading it. Because during the opening weekend they were getting a car in then the same car out within 40 seconds, and 20 per car each car comes to the station once every 2 mins 1,800 an hour and that would probably be out the entrance past the Rita wheel and probably back near the Rita photos point.

TheWraithWithNoFace
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:16 pm

"Vik" wrote:
Thirteen opened early this morning and was running well for the first hour or so but it has been closed for the last couple of hours.

Its doing it for variety, everyones bored with it breaking down at the beginning
Top 5 Nemesis|The Flume...Obviously.|Oblivion|Duel|Rita