UK theme parks from another point of view!

moog666
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Would some vine covered manaquins hanging in the trees either from their neck or upside down be going too far? I personally like the idea. Especially as you would only really notice them when you looked up.

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.

Elliot
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 pm

I reckon a nice touch to the crypt would be if they had robotic tree vines coming up through the floor so it looked like they were going abnormally fast.

moog666
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Possible. But a bit expensive maybee. Think any future additions to themeing need to be cheap but effective

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.

Elliot
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah, I suppose and also it's just another thing that could go wrong.

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:43 pm

I think that the main wraith in the crypt should light up in some way, possibly with green eyes, before it lurches towards the train in an attempt to remove you from it's lair. :)

cmpunk771
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:59 pm

"TittersTowers" wrote:
I think that the main wraith in the crypt should light up in some way, possibly with green eyes, before it lurches towards the train in an attempt to remove you from it's lair. :)

They can barely be bothered to fix the lights in Duel let alone get new ones in TH13TEEN :p

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:46 am

Yeah that's a good point. But the crypt really needs something to heighten the experience. I know that John Wardley has said there'll be no more effects but come on Alton Towers - it really isn't that amazing at the moment. :)

joshc807
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:06 am

Does anyone belive this because i dont think i do? :?

[url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Thirteen-Alton-Towers/352186960224" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf# ... 2186960224[/url]

bradpeet
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:14 am

"joshc807" wrote:

[url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Thirteen-Alton-Towers/352186960224" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf# ... 2186960224[/url]

I think that it is extremely unlikely. I'd go a stage further, I think it would require completely new trains. And I can't see any reason for it being done - not even if the outdoor section was able to run faster.

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:28 am

*Now, as I cannot look at the link above yet, I'm going to make a statement from my own opinion..[spoiler:2pt3446c]IT DOESN'T NEED IMPROVING![/spoiler:2pt3446c]As that's my own opinion, you don't even have to think about it, but to me this WAS the 'Ultimate Coaster' and I think that when you come off the ride, it's your next big thing, but after a while, it can seem just too boring, but whennyou get back to going on it for me that's when the magic returns.

*All of that easy to read diary entry was my own opinion, and therefore should not offend you, if it does please ring free-phone 080.. or just pm me, please don't boo

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:45 am

"joshc807" wrote:

I smell total BS! We've got more chance of seeing overhead restraints on Squirrel Nutty.

Its probably marketing crap again to make it sound more scary!

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:45 am

Why, Why, Why would they want to add OTSR to Th13teen? That seems completely pointless and a waste of money which could be spent on theming. The ride doesn't even need them. ](*,)

EDIT:

I just commented on the post on Facebook asking who told them it was happening. I hope they reply. :)
Last edited by Titters on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dormiens-Dave

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:47 am

I think its very unlikely, it would basically require new trains, though one of the reasons given for the rollercoaster bit been too slow is that the dummy's were falling out at full speed, this is one of "those" rumours so take it with a pinch of salt

iloveshauni
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Has anyone been to the Towers since Thirteen reopened?
Has Thirteen been running at full capacity since it reopened, any breakdowns?

Blaze

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Guys, please, why are we discussing this claptrap? We're enthusiasts, we know better :lol: we know it won't have OTSRs. If it did need them, (and three months of opperation shows it doesn't) they would do it immediately, because the only reason they would do it would be for safety. Don't bother with these things and they'll soon stop...

MrDagger1
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:50 pm

and in response to whether it is has been fully operational since the breakdown, i was there on friday and the ride ran three trains all day and had only a little down time :)

danny13
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:17 pm

^ I was there too on Friday and it was definitely on 3 trains at full capacity. Dispatch times were slow at times and it broke down twice in the last hour or so and a couple of other times during the day but only for 5-10 mins a time and technical services were there during the last hour. I expected that and wasn't too bothered

I rode front row for the first time and definitely noticed the trims but I still loved it, especially in the crypt.

henry96
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:21 am

I'm definitely a fan of Th13teen. :)
First half of the outdoor section is fun but the second half is slow and dull at best.
The crypt however is amazing :D
The drop was great and I wasn't expecting the backwards section to be so good :)

The Alton Towers facebook page annoys me no end :|
Before opening it was 'Oh no, I'm not old enough'
Now it's 'It's obviously rubbish, there isn't even shoulder bars'
Have they SEEN Top Thrill Dragster?

Anyway, it's great for the park, if not for queues. Went in midweek and there was 45 minute queues in the middle of the day in the middle of term time! Guess it brings in more money though, which is great :)

Me and my girlfriend loved it along with seemingly most people on our train. I came off shaking :D
Proving that not only children enjoy it and everyone hates it, like somebody said above.
Nice one Alton Towers :)

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:40 am

"henry96" wrote:
Have they SEEN Top Thrill Dragster?

Of course not, half of the people on the AT Facebook page don't even know there's a rollercoaster higher than 400ft, let alone the concept of naming it.

And if you even try mention to them what Intamin is...

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Th13teen - Ride discussion [SPOILERS TOPIC]

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:53 am

Are the wraiths and bushmen still around? It'll be a real shame if that's over already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk