UK theme parks from another point of view!

moog666
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Th13teen - Ride discussion

Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:48 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
That's a good point, because there is always a staff member directing people to a row, a lot of people are unaware you can tell them you go front row, and they will in most cases let you through.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Stop telling everyone :P

When queing for Th13teen yesterday my missus noticed that all the trees in the queline have tags with numbers on them, At first I thought these must be protected trees but then I realised nearly all of them including some very young looking trees are also marked.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Every tree gets marked for site surveys etc.

Allows the planning official to easily make sure that Alton aren't destroying a load of trees etc.

bobblebob
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Whats the reliability been like recently. It was late to open on Thurs and was down for 45 mins this morning while i was near the front. Tech guys were fixing or replacing something as they were covered in oil when they left

spark
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:59 am

Does anyone have any pictures of the shop for Th13teen?

SEALIFE
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:18 am

"spark" wrote:
Does anyone have any pictures of the shop for Th13teen?

Its just like a container really think along the lines of Saw's shop and its near enough the same but diffrent colour scheme and logo of course :D

James
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:38 am

This is about the best picture I can find on the internet. Not my own picture, but taken off Facebook.

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 am

Went to Alton on Saturday (it was a tad busy and cold!) but this was my first ride on Thirteen, queued with my 8 year old son for around 90 minutes (despite the sign suggesting it was 45!), anyway I thought the themeing around and in the building to be quite good but the ride itself is poor, it's little more than a kiddie coaster, the outdoor section gave no thrills and the drop was short so didn't even create a thrill, I was so disappointed despite reading poor reviews before I went so my expectations were already low. Alton really need to get some new thrill rides ASAP, the park is becoming a bit boring especially when busy, think this my first visit when I didn't get on many rides.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Does Thirteen mean that X: No Way Out is no longer the world's only 'backwards roller coaster in the dark'?

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:32 pm

"Tom Green" wrote:
Does Thirteen mean that X: No Way Out is no longer the world's only 'backwards roller coaster in the dark'?

Expedition Everest @ AK also goes backwards in the dark and is far superior to both these coasters, the US know how to do it right !

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:59 pm

They also have more money. If America spent the same amount by proportion of its national wealth and population/park visitors as the UK does on rides, then they'd be even better...

SAW_gameover
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:04 pm

"Tom Green" wrote:

[s:1ducrj39]Well... apart from the fact that X: is no longer in the dark[/s:1ducrj39]

Edit: Have just read... not sure how reliable it is, but apparently the lights have now been turned back off.

Edit: Have just heard from another source who was at Thorpe on Saturday, that the lights are infact still on!

But no, I think X:'s title was because it was completely in the dark, not just a section of track.
Last edited by SAW_gameover on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=125]http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Perhaps the lights were broken! :mrgreen:

If it's true that it is run with the lights on because people are being sick a lot, then do you expect this could become the case with Thirteen?

SAW_gameover
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:27 pm

"Tom Green" wrote:
Perhaps the lights were broken! :mrgreen:

If it's true that it is run with the lights on because people are being sick a lot, then do you expect this could become the case with Thirteen?

I reckon the lights must have been 'broken' or something, doubt they'd turn em back off before the season ends :D

As for Thirteen, doubt they'd do the same, though again, I'd love them to, so I can see everything! But no, 13 doesn't exactly make you feel even the slightest bit faint, plus it's freezing cold in the tunnel, so that'll help with sickness I guess.
[size=125]http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

ciaran
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:11 pm

I dont think th13teen could be classed as a backwards coaster because it only goes backwards for about 25% and its not its main function to go backwards plus its never been classed as a backwards coaster so at the moment no I dont think so but I could be wrong we will all have to go back in 4 years to the next SW7 meeting with John and ask him then! :)

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:32 pm

When people refer to a ride as a backwards coaster, it doesn't mean the whole ride goes backwards, just a segment. The ride usually starts off forward.

Blaze

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 pm

A backwards coaster is a coaster that runs backwards :P If it's only backwards part of the time, it isn't a backwards coaster, just one with a backwards bit :P

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm

"Voke" wrote:
When people refer to a ride as a backwards coaster, it doesn't mean the whole ride goes backwards, just a segment. The ride usually starts off forward.

^What Blaze said. X is a backwards coaster, as it goes backwards the entire time. Thirteen is not a backwards coaster (and has never been considered one), 'cause it doesn't.

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Th13teen Front Row

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:11 pm

The other day, i asked the operator on Th13teen if me and my friend could sit at the front, surprizingly, i got a very rude NO, does anyone know why they dont open the front row queue because there is one :!:

PS: LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SCAREFEST :hsmug: What are you going as?

Blaze

Re: Th13teen Front Row

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Strange, they normally let you, maybe they had too many peope in the queue for it, or had been told not to let people choose for some reason or other.

moog666
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:38 am

Think I would of had words with the op about that. If there is a reason then fair dues, but this should be politely explained to you, certainly not abruptly or in a rude way.

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.