UK theme parks from another point of view!

Groovee
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Where do you head for first?

Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Having done Disney on a plan on how to get to the best rides, then doing Port Adventura in Salou with friends who go often and visiting Louden Castle in Ayr last year, we found ourselves last year standing in Alton Towers looking at the Map and getting completely lost and wandering about looking for rides that we could see but couldn't work out how to get in there.

On our second day Hubs got the fasttrack passes for the big rides like Air and Nemisis and Rita as I couldn't ride due to my neck injury and the kids were too wee so I headed for Old McDonald's Farm with them and then we met up again.

Where do you head first? The kids want to head for the Mine Train as they love that ride.
Louise

Big C
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Where do you head for first?

Tue May 04, 2010 6:29 pm

I thought there was already a topic on this? :? :?

Anyway, i usually go to Oblivion and then Anti - Clockwise from there.
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!

teaves17
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Usually straight to Nemesis and then over to Air then Rita.

However last time me and the other half went, we went straight to Th13teen and then onto Rita.

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Usually Nemesis for a few rides during ERT and then Air before the queue's grow and then usually a bit random :P

But this year, like others it has changed because of Thirteen where it's been Dark Forest first, and then everywhere else.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P

cmpunk771
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Well with ERT thsi year i go to Oblivion and get a few cheeky rides on that then over to nemmy for about 5 or 6 rides until Air opens then i go into the que of that, I do that because the line for Air gets crazy later on in the day same with Nemesis.

I useually go over to the Dark forest to do TH13TEEN (If its open) then Rita.

Then ive done all the big rides, so then i usually go on Duel, Hex, Flume, Rapids etc

Then back to the big rides in the last few hours or during lunch when they are most quiet, as you can tell i hate Ques :P

Kendalgal
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Hiya Louise :D :D

We usually do Old Mcdonalds to get the littlies done so the kids don't mind waiting later on plus the smaller ones nap so yeah...litle rides 1st then we head for Blivvy then go anti clockwise...4 weeks and counting woop! x
Mum to Hollie (9) & Madison (5)

.Will

Tue May 04, 2010 8:16 pm

"Kendalgal" wrote:

We usually do Old Mcdonalds to get the littlies done so the kids don't mind waiting later on plus the smaller ones nap so yeah...litle rides 1st then we head for Blivvy then go anti clockwise...4 weeks and counting woop! x

Owd Mc's is great I know one person in particular who just loves it, I’m not naming any names ... *Cough* Chip

:sus:

Anyway somehow we manage to squeeze four in one tractor, that’s uncomfortable and nearly sink the River Bank Eye Spy boats, but we are still not allowed in Berry Bish Bash. It makes no sense! Who ever heard of death by a foam ball. Whoops off topic, but normally its a nice walk to Ug Land #-o ... uh ... I mean The Dark Forest for a nice work out on Th13teen :pelvic:

Groovee
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 04, 2010 9:23 pm

"Kendalgal" wrote:

4 weeks and counting woop! x

12 days for us now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: H x
Louise

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Nemesis with ERT, then Air when it opens, then skyride to 13 a few times.

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 05, 2010 9:23 am

Nemesis everytime. After a 4hour drive, a quick spin on Nemesis gets me awake again. :mrgreen:
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Blaze

Wed May 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Depends. Spinball or Oblivion are the rides I normally go for, as they are the closest to the entrance. When I go during Scarefest I head to the Flume first because it closes early and normally follow it up by going on the Rapids. Queue times and ride availability play a major factor, as I would probably start ERT with Nemesis if the Skyride was open.

joshc807
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Straight to Nemesis on monday i got straight on the train no queue! :shock: and then to Air, however i think im going to head to the dark forest first now :D

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Having ERT my plan last year was to always start with Rita. It’s not a ride I would queue for and it was always deserted first thing. I also liked having a good look at the SW6 construction site. Then loop round to Oblivion and Spinball hopefully being able to head for forbidden valley before the early morning charge. As the sky rider was closed it meant I had done all the roller coasters while the queues were short and didn't have to spend the rest of the time going from one side of the park to the other.

This year I have ERT again but Thirteen has to be timed to avoid the queues. On my trip this year I started with Spinball and Oblivion, joined the already growing queue for Thirteen and waited for normal opening. Being one of the first on left the rest of the park clear so a quick sky rider to forbidden valley and short queues all the way round Gloomy wood, Katanga canyon and mutiny bay. :o

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 06, 2010 1:55 am

I always want to go to Nemesis, but every time I go everyone wants to go to Rita.

danny13
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 06, 2010 3:40 pm

I usually use ERT and do: Spinball > Oblivion > Nemesis. Then once Air opens I do that. Then Duel > RMT > Rapids > Flume and then its around 12 so the queues are at their peak and so normally go to Dark Forest and finish back at X-Sector

henry96
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Usually something along the lines of..
Thirteen
Rita
Air
Nemesis
Ripsaw
Oblivion
Spinball
Mutiny Bay & Kantanga Canyon
Then blag the rest :)

Alton Freak
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 pm

I usually start off at the Flume, then head for the Rapids, Runaway Mine Train, Duel (Bring back HH, Duel is so cheap looking), Nemesis, Blade, Air, Ripsaw, Gardens to let my clothes dry off after Ripsaw, Corkscrew (RIP), Rita, Oblivion, Spinball Whizzer and finally Squirrell Nutty ride :roll:

But due to Th13teen this year, my pattern will change

AmayaAiYutaka
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Usually I go to Th13teen just to see if it's open then it's straight to Oblivion the hex :)
After that it's water rides then whatever has a shortish waiting time :)
From 3rd May 2010

Next Trip- 21st June 2015

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Always used to head towards Rita with my friends, as it's the one they always wanted to go, and if you got their early you missed the big queue that you'd be stood in for it come later in the day. We sometimes went to Spinball first, if you cut through Storybook Land, you beat the entire train of people going towards it!

However as expect, so far this season as see a return to norm as we head over to the Rita part of the park first, but this time for Thirteen.