UK theme parks from another point of view!

EndlessWire
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

CBBC Filming 07/06/10

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Just thought you might be interested. Was at the park yesterday and saw a small film crew (sound guys, couple of cameras etc) filming three kids at various points in the park. I personally saw them around near Hex, the bridge over a path around the Hole-in-one/ride queue time section, outside Nemesis and at the entrance for Thirteen. I asked them what they were filming and they said it was something for CBBC. Might be worth keeping an eye out for. Seemed to involve three kids I saw wherever the crew was.

pfleety
TT Member
TT Member

Re: CBBC Filming 07/06/10

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Best of friends ?

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 pm

That normally involves 5 kids - but seems the most likely explanation. Although, last time the treat was at Alton Towers, they only filmed Spinball Whizzer (oops, sorry - Sonic Spinball :))

.Will

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:45 pm

"TittersTowers" wrote:
That normally involves 5 kids - but seems the most likely explanation. Although, last time the treat was at Alton Towers, they only filmed Spinball Whizzer (oops, sorry - Sonic Spinball :))

No not if a trip to Towers was the final prize and they lost so one person did the last trial but there bestest bestest buddy decided it wasnt fair and went to shovel horse poop with them and they fail leaving only three kids to go to AT ...

:D

... What? ... Thats what happens ... I have seen it ...

:sus:

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:14 pm

"bassboy""][quote=""TittersTowers" wrote:

No not if a trip to Towers was the final prize and they lost so one person did the last trial but there bestest bestest buddy decided it wasnt fair and went to shovel horse poop with them and they fail leaving only three kids to go to AT ...

:D

... What? ... Thats what happens ... I have seen it ...

:sus:[/quote]

I have seen it as well but the only way they could have 3 left is if they failed one of the other challenges. The contestants aren't allowed to help their friend out unless it's a 5 person task. They can't choose to play a task just to keep their mate company.

And I forgot that they could lose people from treats, I haven't seen it on a while. So yeah, it probably is best of friends.

pfleety
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:48 pm

They can if its the end task ;)

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 pm

"pfleety" wrote:
They can if its the end task ;)

since when?
Having said that, I haven't watched the show in years so the rules may have changed. :)

.Will

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:08 pm

"Wikipedia" wrote:
The Unlucky Dip
The unlucky dip contains three, two or one blue sweet(s) in a bag. The friends choose a sweet each (without looking) from the bag, and then suck it. The number of children to do the next task, and therefore the number of blue sweets in the bag, will depend on the success of the previous task. The people or person with the blue sweet(s) will have a blue tongue and will be forced to do the task, while the others will do the treat. The first task requires three people and, each time the children pass a task, the number needed to do the next task will reduce. For the final task they have three options: the unlucky dip, volunteer or the whole team can do the task as it is the hardest.

So the team must have failed the first task leaving 3 blue sweats, then won the second task leaving again 2 blue sweats, the team then choose the Unlucky Dip and discarded the other 2 options, the two people who went to do the final task failed, leaving 3 to enjoy a nice day out at Alton Towers! Sorted!

8)

Yes I actually watched this show today and searched Wikipedia!

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Yay :clap: I'm glad someone worked that out. It was annoying me, but now I have a strange craving to see the show again. I had a look on youtube to see if there was the film from last time the show was at Alton, but I couldn't find any. I'll keep looking though... :sus:

EDIT:

I still can't find a clip - it seems that no-one wanted to see it again. sorry :)

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:27 pm

My sister used to watch it, and I remember her showing me the bit when they went to Alton.

Basically, it was footage of Spinball and the Flume etc with none of the larger rides featured. I presume the kids on it probably weren't tall enough for the likes of Oblivion :lol: Another time, the final treat was to have Cariba for themselves for the evening, but they all decided to attempt the final challenge and failed, so none of them got to go. We were still however treated to a cringey segment in which the female presenter ran around the waterpark alone, and generally acted ike an idiot :P

Do I sound scarily too knowlegeable about this? I have a sister who was about 10 the last time the show was broadcast, and I don't usually watch CBBC, I swear :mrgreen:

.Will

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:01 pm

"NF2" wrote:
Do I sound scarily too knowlegeable about this? I have a sister who was about 10 the last time the show was broadcast, and I don't usually watch CBBC, I swear

Look we all still from time to time watch a little CBBC I still do ... #-o ... We all also make excuses to why we watch it, but really there is nothing we all enjoy more than sitting down after a long day and having a little watch of Denis The Menace ... Right ...

[-o<

henry96
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 am

you think YOU GUYS are cool?
I was on CBBC in Year 6 8)

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Which show? CBBC used to have some great tv but it's gone down hill. Shame really - my primary school life gone in 4 years :( Even Dennis the Menace has changed - it's now some Yorkshire girl doing the voice of Dennis and doesn't quite work as well as it used to.

henry96
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Do something different. :|

Got to last 30 for raven as well :oops:

Oh gawd..

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Haha. Raven was my favourite show.

I used to wish I could be on it all the time. That and Scorpion Island :)

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 pm

I've caught Dennis the Menace channel hopping a few times, they really have ruined the poor guys voice. However, it can be forgiven for Shaun The Sheep. Awesome.

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:39 pm

The title song with Vic Reeves is pure genius - as is the rest of the show :)

EurovisionJoe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:21 am

I love Best of Friends!

What a fab show!

Not that I watch it or anything!?