I voted 'too expensive' simply because I don't think you get what you pay for.
1) The rooms are dated IMO. I have paid far less for a boutique hotel and ended up with a much better room and en-suite than I ever have done in either hotel.
2) The entertainment on offer is not enough. The hotels are a mile away from the gates and all you have to keep you entertained in the hotel is a water park, golf and not the greatest collection of shows out there, let’s be honest. I always find myself bored at the hotel after I've watched the show, had something to eat, the golf and water park are closed, and I've strolled around ATH gardens. I then find it is only like 10-11pm and I have to go over to Splash for longer bar hours, or just go bed. The show should be on a proper stage with appropriate seating so everybody can see and should include more than three singers.
3) To me, the hotels lack atmosphere. Sorry, but they really do. I can't put my finger on why, but the atmosphere never equals up to what I expect for such an expensive hotel. At Disney, I don't even stay in the Disney hotels, but when looking around them there was SUCH an atmosphere about them all.
4) The food is an issue. It's either an expensive burger, or a re-micro waved buffet.
5) The staff. Their attitude never matches the price tag. They either struggle with the English language, or just can't be bothered wasting their time on you. Again, I have stayed at much cheaper hotels and received a much better service.
Overall, although I've stayed there a few times and do understand the appeal for somebody who has never been to the hotels before, I myself find it very hard to justify paying so much money for a one-night stay for such mediocre service. The best stay I've had there was one year for NYE, an evening in which I had to pay extra for. I shouldn't have to pay extra for a good stay when the price is already so steep.
At the same time, I understand the prices can't be lowered due to the effect it would have on local businesses. Therefore, I really think the hotels need to match their service with their very expensive prices.