UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

hex question

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:04 pm

hi i am going to Alton towers next week for the first time and think hex will be right up my street but i am a size 22 and would just like to make sure ill be OK in the seats because being shy as it is i would be soo embarrassed if i dont fit :oops:
also which rides should i just avoid?.. i have been told not to try air, ripsaw and Submission. do you think all the family rides will be ok like charlie and choc'?
Thanks, Jo :)

JoshM

Re: hex question

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:21 pm

You should be fine on Hex, as for the family rides you should also be fine. Im sure someone else can help you better than I did.

lurves
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Jo, Hex has long bench like seats so they'll be fine, sit towards the middle of the seats on the boats in Charlie as they wobble a little and list a bit,lol. Try the Air tester seat as I'm a 14 and the seat felt really really roomy to me. Hope you have a great time

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Most rides have test seats outside the ride entrance. So you can try sitting in them before going on the ride.

Anonymous

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks everyone think i'm gonna love hex and now i wont be worrying about all the way there :D

linzimoo6
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Im a size 18/20/22 and the bar on hex was really heavy on my tummy! Felt like I couldnt move at all

Oblivion I asked for the bigger seat before I went on, but I had loads of room and could have gone in a "normal" sized seat! Though I felt I had to really push my thighs in!

Rita loads of room, didnt attempt Air, nor did I go on Nemesis.

The Mine train was fine, but I still felt abit squeezed in, if im honest, but I have quite long legs as im 5"11 so I think my long legs had something to do with that too! I would have rather sat by myself there, but had my little boy with me!

Oh and Duel the bar came down onto my tummy aswell, but wasnt uncomfortable.

I was dead stressed about going on the rides because of my size, which is why I only went on Oblivion and Rita, I didnt even go on thirteen because it looks so tiny in the seats. I had such a good day though, and it was more probably in my head than anything else.

I hope this helps :D

Deleted
TT Member
TT Member

hex question

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:49 am

Thirteen will be fine for the larger person

Rita again no problems, air will be ok too. Oblivion and nemesis you will need the big boy seats.

Hex could be a problem as they tend to crush you