UK theme parks from another point of view!

bobblebob
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Being told to use Single Rider Queue?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Anyone else been told to specifically use the que when alone? Few months ago i was going on Oblivion on my own during ERT so it was dead on the ride. Didnt bother with SRQ as it was walk on anyway. Walked up to the ride op and said i was on my own, and she said "can you please use the Single Ride que next time". Didnt question her but i thought it was abit odd. She didnt say it as in "oh its quicker if you use that", she said it as if i was doing something wrong for not using it

Then today the same thing. ERT and there was a ride op at the entrance. Was about to get to the entrance and he specifically told me to use the SRQ. I always thought SRQ was an option to use, not something you had to use if alone?

On a non-related issue, Rita SRQ was closed all today, despite other rides having theirs open

John
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Being told to use Single Rider que

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Odd, when I was last at towers I went on Oblivion before meeting up with TTF and was advised to use the main queue as it was shorter than the SRQ.

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:07 pm

It's a personal opinion wether or not you want to go in the SRQ. If it's shorter than the main queue and your on your own, you may as well use it. It's not essential, but can get your ride-count up :-)

bobblebob
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:36 pm

I always feel like im que jumping using them sometimes. I know im not, but you see people queing ages for a ride, and you just walk straight past them if the SRQ runs along side the main one

Bear

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm sorry... but...

Que?! :P

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:40 pm

When we last went to the towers we used the SRQ on spinball. There was a 80 min queue and it started to rain so they were filling up only 3 out of the 4 seats. So the SRQ went almost instantly. We did it 4 times in about 5-10 mins.

I find a lot of people dont seem to know about SRQ. In Orlando last year it was awesome. Like having your own queue. But The ones at the towers tend to be well used I find on busy days.

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Spinball's SRQ is a heaven when it's raining, thats the only time I would go on it.

Kaycee

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:06 pm

People have this misconception that if you're on your own, you have to use the SRQ. You don't. It's entirely optional, and up to you to decide which you think is quicker. No one has the right to tell you you have to use it. Often if the SRQ is LONGER than the main queue, it will be advised to use the main queue! :)

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:11 pm

"bobblebob" wrote:
I always feel like im que jumping using them sometimes. I know im not, but you see people queing ages for a ride, and you just walk straight past them if the SRQ runs along side the main one

I think that crosses everyone's mind, all humans. I was active trying to see if I could climb under the gap on the fences on Thirteen. Of course what makes us good or people is how we act on these thoughts, not having them :D

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Being told to use Single Rider Queue?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Even though your walking past the majority of the general queue-line, it doesn't mean you're going to beat them on ride, a single riders queue of around 35 - 40 people could be as big as the general queue itself, even longer.

linzimoo6
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:03 pm

I went back in August, and this happened to my partner...

I was some distance behind him and slowly dragging my feet, breathing deeply, and convincing myself that Oblivion was worth the feeling I was experiencing in the pit of my stomach! I've been on it so many times before, but the older I get the more worried I am about riding it! While the bf doesn't think like me and was more or less sprinting up the que line, so for a short while and the majority of the que line he was far infront of me! Anyway the que was empty and my bf had got to a certain point, i'd say around mid point and there was a worker stood by a make shift barrier and asked him if he was alone. He explained no, and that I was just behind him so she made him wait next to her until I got there!

Needless to say we thought this was very strange! Though I hadn't really thought about it until I saw the topic here!

Merlin
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:38 pm

"bobblebob" wrote:
Anyone else been told to specifically use the que when alone? Few months ago i was going on Oblivion on my own during ERT so it was dead on the ride. Didnt bother with SRQ as it was walk on anyway. Walked up to the ride op and said i was on my own, and she said "can you please use the Single Ride que next time". Didnt question her but i thought it was abit odd. She didnt say it as in "oh its quicker if you use that", she said it as if i was doing something wrong for not using it

Then today the same thing. ERT and there was a ride op at the entrance. Was about to get to the entrance and he specifically told me to use the SRQ. I always thought SRQ was an option to use, not something you had to use if alone?

On a non-related issue, Rita SRQ was closed all today, despite other rides having theirs open

Yesterday I was on park, Despite all rides were walk on's, I was also told by the oblivion ride op to turn around and use the SRQ. I refused simply because there was no need to and when people were using the SRQ and fast track Que's these people were left waiting around for ages.

This did P me off very much. Surley it did no harm me using the normal que especially as there was no one else queing behind me. And if as a single rider I was to be told not to use the normal que, then surely, they should ban groups of people using the SRQ even tho they are prepaired to ride seprately just to get on the rides quicker.
:hraaagh:

ciaran
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 pm

I dont know weather its just me but on oblivion about half the time seats are left empty because staff either dont bother or they can never count accuratley 8 people where as on Rita I love doing single rider because even when the queue is coming right down you know its only a 30 minute wait at most!
I dont think staff have a right to say that though and I would take it rather offensivley (I think) :)

UnleashedLlama
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:06 am

"MegaJib" wrote:
I'm sorry... but...

Que?! :P

I'm with you MegaJib, it's Faulty Towers all the way. "Que" will never mean queue, will it?
[color=#FF4000]New for 2011]